S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do look awesome Angelo!

But seeing the details on Gohan's angry sculpt makes me worried for the future. If the production 2.0 Vegeta does turn out like the "Out of da Box" sample we saw, then Tamashii is taking a big step back in terms of production sculpt quality. Why put all this detail in the sculpt only to try and salvage it with tampagraphs when it turns out with less-than-stellar details? I don't disagree that might be the cheaper route, but it is heavily disappointing because we're going to get these mediocre sculpts with so much detail and expression left out of them...all at a higher price point.

Think is, cuts and blood always come out looking like cat scratches on figures of this scale, I would say thats part of the reason tamashii are staying clear, that and it might end up putting their age rating up. Just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think it has anything to do with age range since the Figuarts Zero are in the same age group and they have that type of detail. Not sure why they won't do it tbh. I was fine with the SWA Goku but Gohan without any actual damage just looks funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But seeing the details on Gohan's angry sculpt makes me worried for the future. If the production 2.0 Vegeta does turn out like the "Out of da Box" sample we saw, then Tamashii is taking a big step back in terms of production sculpt quality. Why put all this detail in the sculpt only to try and salvage it with tampagraphs when it turns out with less-than-stellar details? I don't disagree that might be the cheaper route, but it is heavily disappointing because we're going to get these mediocre sculpts with so much detail and expression left out of them...all at a higher price point.
I would say its more having to decide to go with sculpt or mold, apparently it cost them quite a bit to use the "2.0" mold because of the engineering involved, so in that regard something would have to give. I would personally prefer mold over extra sculpt that, imho doesnt add much to the figure, at least in Vegetas case.

I hada bizarre dream last night

i was at a mall I've never been to with a friend, and we were shopping for christmas gifts for our nieces & nephews. although that's just what i told her cuz i was really shopping for myself lol. anyhow i came across an isle with mad Figuarts items i was like oh ****. but they weren't the normal Figuarts, they were obviously bootlegs but in official Tamashii packaging so I was like no way these are real... yet here they are right in front of me?? Such as Genki Dama Goku, but with largely defined muscle mass. and I also recall seeing this guy in figure form

Untitled.jpg

the Spirit Balm Gokou was high up on the shelf so I had a hard time reaching it to get a closer look. There was also a Nappa figure, dressed only in his black underwear, although the mold was kinda ugly & weird looking. I remember thinking to myself "wtf did they do to Nappa?" There were several other unique figures that I can't remember unfortunately

What you guys think? Did I have a vision of the future?

When they first showed images of 2.0 Gohan a few months ago, I said the same thing back then: he definitely looks to be a little taller and than the previous release. Does anyone else notice that or is it just the camera tricking me?

Nothing wrong with that since the anime made him taller when he powered up.

I don't think the Out of da Box video quality captured the sculpt all that well. The sculpt detail may not be as pronounced as the original prototype but it's still very much there. It's the closest to Vegeta that Tamashii Nations has accomplished with their S.H. Figuarts line.

Edited:
I hada bizarre dream last night

i was at a mall I've never been to with a friend, and we were shopping for christmas gifts for our nieces & nephews. although that's just what i told her cuz i was really shopping for myself lol. anyhow i came across an isle with mad Figuarts items i was like oh ****. but they weren't the normal Figuarts, they were obviously bootlegs but in official Tamashii packaging so I was like no way these are real... yet here they are right in front of me?? Such as Genki Dama Goku, but with largely defined muscle mass. and I also recall seeing this guy in figure form

the Spirit Balm Gokou was high up on the shelf so I had a hard time reaching it to get a closer look. There was also a Nappa figure, dressed only in his black underwear, although the mold was kinda ugly & weird looking. I remember thinking to myself "wtf did they do to Nappa?" There were several other unique figures that I can't remember unfortunately

What you guys think? Did I have a vision of the future?

Yes and no. Yes, because, within the next few years, everybody will be surprised to see what Tamashii Nations releases. No, because I don't see Tamashii Nations doing a complete battle damaged Nappa unless the clean version sells extremely well.

Does anyone have a vague idea as to how difficult it'd be to repaint Super Vegeta's head to have SSB's features?

Concerning the latest episode of DBS

Spoiler Spoiler:

Concerning the latest episode of DBS

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's definitely a new sculpt of hair, thank God. I always felt the one we first got was too small for how larger his hair was in both the Manga and Anime.

Do you really think that? i don't think so.

On that picture the hair looks smaller than the hair, that we already have! :S

And looks worst too and with pallid skin... looks like a piece of... "white cake"?

What i am trying to say is that between this damage gohan and the sdcc gohan. I prefer the sdcc gohan. If they want to make a damage gohan, do it how must be with blood and everything else. Not this.

Honestly I'm really not that impressed by it. Good looking figure, yeah, but I already own the other 2 teen Gohans they released, and now we about to have a 3rd. They'll prolly re-release this one in his manga colors (prolly as an SDCC EX), and perhaps a Figuarts Zero version. I'm just over Teen Gohan already lol

I would get this one just to display him battle damaged in SSJ2 form. If the color and height matches well with the SDCC, I'll keep that one as the SSJ version. Still wish they would've added some actual damage or perhaps even picked a less torn up version. He looks way too clean

Back