S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really Angelo? Didn't know they were doing the ticket thing, but that's nice to know about.

Yeah, the same guy got mine too Ang. Im obviously not naming names because it wouldnt be fair on him, but he actually gave me his spare because he couldnt actually get me one, and I am really grateful for that. Unfortunately i havent seen him around for a while so I get the feeling that con really p###ed him off to the point that he didnt want to collect these anymore, thats how bad that con was from I heard.

Dear god spare me of ever wanting an sdcc ex again. Im SO freakin happy I/we got gohan and piccolo before this line totally blew up.

SDCC ex affair is unforgivable considering the character (version) involved. Ugh ****, no, no, I'm gonna tackle myself in time right now before I go on a tantrem. *hitting myself in the face* **** how that went, just **** it.

Really Angelo? Didn't know they were doing the ticket thing, but that's nice to know about.

Yeah, for about the first 1 hour/1 hour and a half of the convention they had everybody line up to grab a ticket. Either for the Gundam NYCCE, TruForce X-Kai NYCCE, TruForce Megaman, SSGSS Goku, and Golden Frieza. You could bring the ticket back any time that day and get the item. It was handled very efficiently and nicely.

Unfortunately i havent seen him around for a while so I get the feeling that con really p###ed him off to the point that he didnt want to collect these anymore, thats how bad that con was from I heard.

He's still collecting the Dragon Ball Z line. But yeah, I heard from a lot of people that the Bluefin/Tamashii booth was just a complete madhouse during SDCC. It would be interesting if Tamashii raises the production for the SDCC Exclusive. I'm not expecting them to but I think it's still a possibility after witnessing last year's demand.

I know Ageless Geeks was throwing out an option that they could order 10,000 units from Japan so I'm curious if that's how many units were produced to begin with. 500 going to Galeria leaving 9,500 for SDCC.

Dear god spare me of ever wanting an sdcc ex again. Im SO freakin happy I/we got gohan and piccolo before this line totally blew up.

SDCC ex affair is unforgivable considering the character (version) involved. Ugh ****, no, no, I'm gonna tackle myself in time right now before I go on a tantrem. *hitting myself in the face* **** how that went, just **** it.

shia-labeouf.png

Ageless geeks had too high hopes for itself, when it came to SDCC. I never heard of anyone getting their Goku off Blass.

Ageless geeks had too high hopes for itself, when it came to SDCC. I never heard of anyone getting their Goku off Blass.

Alex Blas didn't get that many. I think he only got those that people were able to get for him. I saw Hot Topic got a few too. Bluefin mentioned to Alex that they weren't putting any on their website. I was thinking they were going to save some for NYCC but I think they completely ran out. Which makes me wonder if Tamashii will up their production for this year.

Sadly, anybody who ordered 1 for $100 a week prior to the convention lucked out.

Alex Blas didn't get that many. I think he only got those that people were able to get for him. I saw Hot Topic got a few too. Bluefin mentioned to Alex that they weren't putting any on their website. I was thinking they were going to save some for NYCC but I think they completely ran out. Which makes me wonder if Tamashii will up their production for this year.

Sadly, anybody who ordered 1 for $100 a week prior to the convention lucked out.
I don't think Hot Topic really got any either, just the original base Goku. Not sure. It's strange that it didn't go on the site either.

I think anyone who got it under $100 or around retail lucked out. It's still a shame because they said 'we were really going to love this SDCC exclusive' and yeah, I love mine. Not everyone who didn't get it does, and some people got reaaaaaaaaally salty about it.

I don't think Hot Topic really got any either, just the original base Goku. Not sure. It's strange that it didn't go on the site either.

I think anyone who got it under $100 or around retail lucked out. It's still a shame because they said 'we were really going to love this SDCC exclusive' and yeah, I love mine. Not everyone who didn't get it does, and some people got reaaaaaaaaally salty about it.

There were people on Facebook who had pictures of the SDCC Goku with the receipt from Hot Topic. It could have been staged but I think that's going a little too far to prove their point. Who knows.

Yeah, anybody who got it around retail was incredibly lucky and grateful. (Including me.) Those who got it for $100 weren't so bad considering they shot up to $150+ the Monday after the convention. I know, I remember the Bluefin representative telling me that at C2E2. I should ask them if those who weren't able to get the SDCC Exclusive will get any chance at a Manga version from Tamashii Nations as a Web Exclusive. Or if we're going to see that again this year.

It's understandable since Bluefin ****ed up the distribution at SDCC but it's also understandable that these are going to be the rarest of exclusives because of how popular the line and demand are at the moment.

With the whole "premium color" line happening I honestly doubt (and kinda hope) that we will see SDCC variants anymore. Bluefin knows how badly last year went down, and pulling that crap again will just p### more people off.

SDCC isnt good for anything anymore. We dont need it for recolors, bluefin make no money on exclusives and we barely see anything new at it, oh and making mold-tweaked versions of figures is just BS for any serious collector.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If they got the Freiza Saga Goku route, it would be slight retools as well as recolors. But what could they add on? And SDCC has just blown up for this line with Arlian Vegeta...

With the whole "premium color" line happening I honestly doubt (and kinda hope) that we will see SDCC variants anymore. Bluefin knows how badly last year went down, and pulling that crap again will just p### more people off.

SDCC isnt good for anything anymore. We dont need it for recolors, bluefin make no money on exclusives and we barely see anything new at it, oh and making mold-tweaked versions of figures is just BS for any serious collector.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

True, convention exclusives aren't really special anymore. They were all about taking existing figures and repainting them. Now that PC is here, what's the criteria for what's becomes a PC and what's an exclusive? My guess is since they can't retool PC's, the exclusives will be retools AND repaints. That would be differentiating enough but it can also cause problems such as last year's fiasco. I really wonder what this year's exclusive will be now since anything can happen at this point.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Thinking about it, maybe they'll start doing something truly evil...re-releasing SDCC repaints under the PC line/treatment. Imagine, PC Goku with a paint job almost exactly like the SDCC's. The worst part is doing this with Arlian Vegeta :lol

Sadly, it's not going to change. The problems with SDCC Exclusives are they're Anime versions of the characters, which happens to be the most demanded, and they now have the potential to include newly sculpted items. Tamashii is taking a highly demanded, new, product and limiting it even more than their web exclusives. Either they start to release Manga versions of that character not far after SDCC (at least a statement that they will eventually release it) or they use specific, less desirable, versions, Angel Goku for example, as SDCC Exclusives.

Angel Goku and Arlian Vegeta would be fine since no one really needs them, unless the wings on Angel Goku are removable so that people who missed out on Normal Goku can make do.

FSLAR, talk with me, i am boring, tell me, do you think bandai will release Freezer 100%? i would like it to much!, will be great for my awakGoku!
I didn't know you were such a huge fan of me :dunno

I dunno, you should ask Bandai.

an articulated 100% Freezer would be hit or miss, honestly. Just because of the huge muscles. it worked for Broly, yeah, because Broly is huge. but Freezer is tiny, the smallest out of everyone thus far, and thus the huge muscles on such a tiny figure would look awkward & be tricky for them to accomplish (Freezer gains mass, but he doesn't get any taller). if they were to do it they would either hit the nail on the head, or miss the mark entirely, in my opinion of course. i don't think it's worth the risk

Mecha Freeza would be way easier & we would probably buy that

Mecha Freeza needs to have the option to be split in two, to be posed with Future Trunks! :lecture

Back