S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, we NEED characters that are actually important. I'm quite sure Nappa and Mr.Popo can wait while we get more major characters like Majin Buu or Krillin.

Funny

Nappa: Well, it's been fun kid. I mean, for me, not for you. As for you [cut to Piccolo], everyone important to you is dead.
Krillin: Hey, I'm still alive—
Nappa: EVERYONE IMPORTANT.

No, we NEED characters that are actually important. I'm quite sure Nappa and Mr.Popo can wait while we get more major characters like Majin Buu or Krillin.

We are getting Krillin. Its just when.
For me personally, Nappa is a major want because I never saw, or knew of Dragonball. I only knew of DBZ. So Radditz, Vegeta, an Nappa were the first bad guys I knew of. For me this was 1998. So, of course I want Radditz and Nappa.
But, I agree that the key characters should roll out first. But buisness wise, you can't release all the heavy hitters first, because with no medium character, the collectors will have gotten who thwy want and leave the line.

Funny

Nappa: Well, it's been fun kid. I mean, for me, not for you. As for you [cut to Piccolo], everyone important to you is dead.
Krillin: Hey, I'm still alive—
Nappa: EVERYONE IMPORTANT.

I will give that one to you, that was pretty funny.

Yea regular Goku at sdcc would be nice!!!! Since he's been teased for years!!!! And would go great with scouter Vegeta

Regular Goku is NOt the SDCC13 exclusive. Tamashii claimed this years exclusive is quote " even better!"

My money is on "God mode" Goku. They know that Goku is one of the most popular if not the most popular character. Also, they know people have been clamoring for the regular version for a while. What's "even better" than regular goku? A "God mode" goku with regular head option OR a 2 pack release (2 is definitely better than 1!) with krillin and android 18.

I agree that the key characters should roll out first. But buisness wise, you can't release all the heavy hitters first, because with no medium character, the collectors will have gotten who thwy want and leave the line.

Many lines have died using this mentality, and then people end up with pretty unsatisfying collections that are needlessly missing major characters. I think the exact opposite is true. I think you release all your heavy hitters, and then that will get more people into the line and make them more likely to buy the B and C listers.

Sounds good to me. What's a god mode Goku?

The new power up form goku takes in the new movie released in japan. I don't know anything else about it because I haven't seen the film yet myself. Trying to avoid spoilers before I see the movie myself so please guys, no spoilers :D

I'd certainly hope the next Goku is normal, but if they gave him an extra god mode head over SS2 I'd be annoyed. SS2 is a lot more deserving than a one-off movie transformation. SS2 rarely gets acknowledged for anyone other than young Gohan though sadly.

I'm getting a sdcc Goku on eBay, well, I'm the highest bidder right now. And to be honest, I don't want it anymore with re-release Goku on his way.
Really regret bidding. Wasn't thinking straight!

Point is, if I win, I will basically give it away, or do a real good trade!
I'll be back in a day with an update!

Many lines have died using this mentality, and then people end up with pretty unsatisfying collections that are needlessly missing major characters. I think the exact opposite is true. I think you release all your heavy hitters, and then that will get more people into the line and make them more likely to buy the B and C listers.

I can tell you Mattels WWE lines have died due to this. Their Legends single and 2 packs died because of this. You have to release important characters with semi-important/known characters. Attire has a huge role in this aswell. Some would want a bald Krillin over a full head of hair Krillin.

You also can't continue to put out variations of the same character in a row. That will get old aswell, and can turn away collectors.

It can be argued that in a line that is considerd high end, that the more characters of importance the better, before the line dies. Which in this case, we will take what we can get.

Mattel's Ghostbusters suffered a similar fate. Too many variations of the Ghostbusters, and too few other characters in between. In the end some major characters were never made.

Which major GB characters were left out? I thought they hit all the major bases pretty well for GB1 anyway--the 4 GBs themselves, Dana (even though it was a statue), Louis Tully, Peck, Slimer and other ghosts. I guess we could have had demon dogs and Gozer.

Back