S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A typical adult hairline maybe, but a child's hairline is lower up than an adult's. I don't think Vegeta is going bald, but his hairline has receded. No one is born with a widow's peak that pronounced.

Actually, forget everything I just said, this is dragon ball. There I go trying to apply logic again. Nvm.

EDIT:

@prod, yeah a "royal hairline", I'll buy it. Kinda like all the royals have horrible teeth. Good genetics.

Well folks, the Jacksdo Trunks vid is up! Havent managed to add my custom thumbnail yet though since I had to upload by phone! That will be getting added asap.

I dunno, King Vegeta has a widow's peak (Given the same hair style as Vegeta), and I think Trunks has a widow's peak, with Teen Trunks having it a bit more noticeable. Vegetto's widow's peak isn't as noticeable, even without the bangs.

Gotenks got it too. It's just a regular hairline for Saiyans with the Vegeta family being the most iconic. After doing a quick search, other Saiyans have it too. You can see three different Saiyans with the same hairline that aren't part of the royal family. Only with humans, is it a bad thing. For Saiyans, it's no big deal.

latest

4539916-1048126220-29124.png

I dunno, King Vegeta has a widow's peak (Given the same hair style as Vegeta), and I think Trunks has a widow's peak, with Teen Trunks having it a bit more noticeable. Vegetto's widow's peak isn't as noticeable, even without the bangs.

Trunks doesn't have one...
latest

maxresdefault.jpg

I think it's much more Toriyama's art style.

Swore Trunks had it...it's so odd that Gotenks has it, but neither Goten and Trunks had it.

well obviously it's just Toriyama's drawing style, but we're talking in the context of story reasons

i always found it funny how Raditz is more similar to Vegeta yet they're unrelated, yet Turles looks exactly like Goku but share no heritage

I recall an interview where Toriyama was theorizing how Bardock could've had brothers & sisters that he never knew about. i thought that was interesting

Wow I never realised how weird it is that gotenks has the peak. I think it's aesthetic and not much more, if anything.

Lol, you're probably right. It's just a regular hairline, we're just overthinking it like usual :lol

I still think it could be a sign of royal genetics or something like that but seeing as other Saiyans have it, it's probably just regular hair for the Saiyan race. Maybe Gotenks has it cuz the fusion somehow brought out the Vegeta family genetics more in Trunks, tapping into his raw Saiyan power :dunno

Well folks, the Jacksdo Trunks vid is up! Havent managed to add my custom thumbnail yet though since I had to upload by phone! That will be getting added asap.

Thanks for the review!!

The head does look awesome! :clap

well obviously it's just Toriyama's drawing style, but we're talking in the context of story reasons

i always found it funny how Raditz is more similar to Vegeta yet they're unrelated, yet Turles looks exactly like Goku but share no heritage

I recall an interview where Toriyama was theorizing how Bardock could've had brothers & sisters that he never knew about. i thought that was interesting

I'd definitely believe that Bardock has a few illegitimate children running around up until DB Minus came out. That made him a family man and ruined his character for me.

Lol, you're probably right. It's just a regular hairline, we're just overthinking it like usual :lol

I still think it could be a sign of royal genetics or something like that but seeing as other Saiyans have it, it's probably just regular hair for the Saiyan race. Maybe Gotenks has it cuz the fusion somehow brought out the Vegeta family genetics more in Trunks, tapping into his raw Saiyan power :dunno

I actually do like yours and others' input on the matter, but to be honest I actually think it's mostly just Toriyama being like 'hm yeah this looks cool and fits the character'. Cause the peak fits Gotenks well. Think toriyama was just like this looks awesome and well he is half of vegeta's son. *submits design to toei*:lol

Tj Duckett, they are "mass produced" by a company here in Brazil, the price is around $50, it comes in pieces so you tie it all together with the help of a few tools and the manual (it's pretty easy and quick).

It also features the glass doors.

The backdrops, grass and other stuff I found in general stores here, so I tied everything together and reached this final result.

Wow... that really came out great. I really wish IKEA had a wall shelving option like that. They'd be perfect for above detolfs. Looks amazing, man.

Can't wait to watch.

:offtopic:

just got my Iron Man mk 45, and i gotta say.. starting to get hooked on their Avengers line. and I hope that eventually expands into Guardians, Spider-Man, etc. anyone see the new photos of Ultron? scheduled to be released in May :(

3.jpgsh-figuarts-ultron-prime2.jpgsh-figuarts-ultron-prime.jpg

*awesome Figuart design, disappointing villain (but that's a whole other topic of discussion)
if they were to include an open-mouth variant headswap resembling the comic, then that would be awesomesauce
05166-ultron.jpg

i really need Tamashii to start making Dawn of Justice Figuarts. they need to acquire as many lucrative franchises as they can

I saw this yesterday and it's an insta buy. He could stand to be a little taller but I'll take him as is. So far out of the Avengers, I've only got some Iron Man figures. Not sure if I'll get the whole gang but for now I'm hooked on the Iron Man figs. If they make Loki, that might be enough to push me over the edge and get em all. I'd love to see a well done Black Widow and Hawkeye too. Hell, just make em all. They're certainly doing it with Star Wars, Avengers should be a piece of cake.

Hey folks, now I know this is off-topic, but since we were talking about it the other day, heres a review of figuarts Darth Vader for anyone thats interested :p

Back