S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not referring to figures, but anything revealing the plot line (no matter how seemingly small) with the movie. This was an issue on this forum before the last movie was released also

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first official confirmation of SSJG2 Vegeta? If so I'm expecting to see a Figuart get announced soon. Gotta have Vegeta as part of the RoF releases seeing as how he plays a big part in the movie

It would be asinine for Tamashii not to capitalize on the Vegeta demand and release Super Saiyan God 2 Vegeta. I imagine that it would take a lot of pressure off the vocal demand for a Super Saiyan Vegeta re-issue. It would either be customized the most or get everybody hyped up for a future Buu Saga Vegeta release down the line.

You kind of convinced me that the hair is simply made that way to match the more modern style of hair post-Cell saga. The pictures of the actual figure make me accept it more even though it still appears SLIGHTLY too close together. I think we're being fooled by the promo pics cuz that pic of Goku in the impact effect looks better than the promo pics imo

Yeah, however they took the picture or portrayed the figure, it appeared to show the depth of the hair and I'm quite pleased with it.

It's close to the Buu series sure. But all the hair looks like it was combed together.

Please explain to me why there is no difference in these hair shapes. Don't tell me it's the angle because that's bull ****.

Spoiler Spoiler:

His hair looks like he moosed up the sides and combed it. It doesn't fan out at all, like it should.

This is definitive to anyone not blind. I'm with you Snake. At first i was inbetween, but these two picture side by side are definitive, and it's true, the angle doesn't matter much. The figurts sculpt looks bieberishly gelled up. Literally. Not their best work in terms of resemblance.

Not referring to figures, but anything revealing the plot line (no matter how seemingly small) with the movie. This was an issue on this forum before the last movie was released also

I can understand plot line info but pictures of figures and stills from the movie we cant control and shouldnt be a prolem, just dont read into it. I have seen all the pics but havent read into what they mean.

This is definitive to anyone not blind. I'm with you Snake. At first i was inbetween, but these two picture side by side are definitive, and it's true, the angle doesn't matter much. The figurts sculpt looks bieberishly gelled up. Literally. Not their best work in terms of resemblance.

yBemDFQ.gif

It's amazing how most do not see this.

I think I'm gonna go even further: this is tamashii's worst non-zero hairsculpt to date in term of resemblance.

I would say so, it was almost good. But he's completely flat on the sides.

Yeah but also the heavily 'combed curl' in the spikes takes all the punch out of it. I don't get, after that side by side you gave, how you could not see it. Barely looks like Goku's frame anymore to me. He also misses one spike in the centre-side that doesn't go up all the way in the animation. Granted the latter probably flies up when he powers up, but still. Goku's hair has one defining elemnt: it's always untidy in some way. In all forms, in all sagas, it's plucky. This sculpt is way too tidy and stylised looking. It genuinely looks as if he's applied hairgel.

I can understand plot line info but pictures of figures and stills from the movie we cant control and shouldnt be a prolem, just dont read into it. I have seen all the pics but havent read into what they mean.

All I'm saying is that applying a spoiler tag or button to any potential plot spoiling text or pictures would be appreciated. I enjoyed frequenting these forums, but dont want to fear reading or seeing a spoiler everytime I login

Ok, i'm not going to argue about Gokus hair after this, seems we are just too stubborn to see each others views, but I beg people to please look at more pics of Goku in the Buu saga and still tell me that hair sculpt isnt spot on. I expect proof or else i'm not replying, simple as that.

I apologise for being so blunt, but it just seems like nitpicking simply because you dont like that style of hair.

I don't think I need to look at more pics of Goku in the Buu saga since I've been doing this in the last 15 years :rotfl
I love his hairstyle during Buu saga, and this sculpt has some flaws that bothers me, that's it. We are aways going to nitpick, lol

The differences might be subtle for some people but bothers me specially because I love drawing these characters and I've been doing this long enough to notice how his hair looks like it was combed together instead of having more separated strands. The same mistake Irwin toys made on the past.
Subtle adjustments would make it look great. But we would still have that weird face sculpt, but, this is another subject :D

Yeah but also the heavily 'combed curl' in the spikes takes all the punch out of it. I don't get, after that side by side you gave, how you could not see it. Barely looks like Goku's frame anymore to me. He also misses one spike in the centre-side that doesn't go up all the way in the animation. Granted the latter probably flies up when he powers up, but still. Goku's hair has one defining elemnt: it's always untidy in some way. In all forms, in all sagas, it's plucky. This sculpt is way too tidy and stylised looking. It genuinely looks as if he's applied hairgel.

:goodpost:

I can't add anything to that, spot on.

Imo in anime drawing the line of nitpicking is way farther into detail, cause anime style already looks homoginised. This isn't a subtle difference for n anime. Toriyama's used specific spikes to characterise looks to differentiate them within his anime style. This sculpt crosses the borders of the way he differentiates goku and imo it even curls to a level barely seen in the anime's art in general, thus it's not subtle. The spikes barely even have a part that's detached. It's simply not a good likeness to the source material.

From the start something was off to me and it took me snake to lay the finger on it precisely and I hadn't seen enough picture of the anime yet, but nevertheless if you don't AT ALL see that there's something off, man, I'm baffled by that.

EDIT: thanks snake! Credit to you though, when I read the word 'comb' it hit me.:lol

I think the hair sculpts look great. From when this line started to where it is now, the overall quality has progressed in almost every way.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the hair sculpts look great. From when this line started to where it is now, the overall quality has progressed in almost every way.

I agree. The new hair sculpt's points may be slightly pushed in but overall I would consider the design to be higher quality and an improvement. Also, Tamashii had a picture from Toei to base their sculpt on. So it depends on what that picture was. I wouldn't be surprised if it was this picture...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Are you around any nurseries by chance? If so, then I better not say anything! I'm just kidding. I don't know where people get the idea that all these superheroes want to do is beat each other to bloody pulps. Of course Superman could melt him from the sky, but he's not Zod; he's Superman. Dark Knight Returns is my favorite Batman story so it's awesome to see a similar depiction on screen that's going to be carried through multiple story arcs. I really wish we could have gotten a full Batman run from Frank Miller like his Daredevil, but unfortunately, he was abducted in the 90s and replaced by a Skrull. That's reasoning for the crazy stuff he's written!
...Better get ready to punch a baby. :lol "If Clark wanted, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not." I bet you Batman is going to test Superman in Dawn of Justice to come to that conclusion and I have a feeling their fight takes place in a very meaningful train station.
giphy.jpg

There's a reason why Tamashii sculpted the hair the way they did and that picture is directly from the movie. When everybody has seen the movie, a more favorable opinion can be formulated with more evidence. For that reason alone, I can't seem to find a reason to think they completely "screwed up" especially to the point where people are actually going as far-fetched by comparing it to a troll doll and a Hershey's kiss. Also, specific parts of the sculpt are't that far off from Battle of Gods...

vlcsnap-2015-04-21-15h50m48s93.jpg

:rotfl That was the perfect response.

All I know about this hair debacle is the next Saiyan transformation is totally going to be an SSJ2 style, then SSJ3, then rinse, repeat. And at this point this is how we're going to be to each other

PRINCE_VEGETA.gif

That said I agree with Pliss and Silrian :lecture

Back