S.H. Figuarts DC Extended Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They both have pros and cons. I still think the Mafex head looks more like the actual actress. Also, I’m finding the Mafex is very hard to light well for photos. Something about the translucency of the skin material. It looks much more detailed and far less yellow in hand.

They both have pros and cons. I still think the Mafex head looks more like the actual actress. Also, I’m finding the Mafex is very hard to light well for photos. Something about the translucency of the skin material. It looks much more detailed and far less yellow in hand.

Are you kidding??????

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Mafex looks nothing like Gadot. Which is ok because it looks like anime WW, like Mafex usually looks.

SHF looks like Gadot but in turn the hairline makes it look funky.

Y'all can make fun of me if you want, but I wasn't being facetious. I really do think the Mafex looks more like Gadot. That comparison picture is a terrible represntation of what the Mafex actually looks like in person. As I mentioned in the Mafex thread, this figure is challenging to take good pictures of (seems to be something about the translucency of the plastic being hard to light properly). But in hand it looks quite nice. Sure it's not perfect. It's a little anime-ish (not nearly as much as photos make it seem) and the face might be a little too narrow.

But the Figuarts face looks too wide. Something about the hairline looks off and it has no eyebrows when it should have very dark and prominent ones. In truth, I think the perfect sculpt would be somewhere between the two companies' efforts. But between what we have, I personally like the look of Mafex better.

Y'all can make fun of me if you want, but I wasn't being facetious. I really do think the Mafex looks more like Gadot. That comparison picture is a terrible represntation of what the Mafex actually looks like in person. As I mentioned in the Mafex thread, this figure is challenging to take good pictures of (seems to be something about the translucency of the plastic being hard to light properly). But in hand it looks quite nice. Sure it's not perfect. It's a little anime-ish (not nearly as much as photos make it seem) and the face might be a little too narrow.

But the Figuarts face looks too wide. Something about the hairline looks off and it has no eyebrows when it should have very dark and prominent ones. In truth, I think the perfect sculpt would be somewhere between the two companies' efforts. But between what we have, I personally like the look of Mafex better.

But on the comparison pic, it clearly shows which figure is better (Photos doesn't make justice to SHF figures also, so in that sense, what more if you're going to look at it in person too?). There are a lot of things/factors to look at, not just the face. Consider other details such as the silhouette/proportion of the body, skin tone, the posture, articulation fluidity, armor details, quality and so on...

For sure there’s more to consider. But my original comment was specifically about the headsculpt, which is why I continued to address that.

I think they both look to be pretty nice. Personally, I prefer the Mafex (not just for the headsculpt, though it is a key factor). I kinda felt like people were being unfairly harsh to it since none of the photos I’ve seen (including the few I’ve taken myself) show how great it really looks in person.

But it really doesn’t matter. We’ve got, what, at least 5 high end DCEU Wonder Woman figures out or on the way? (All 3 film versions from Mafex, S.h. Figuarts, and Mezco I think?). Everyone can pick their favorite and debate the merits of each, which is really cool. It’s almost an embarrassment of riches for collectors these days.

Mafex looks nothing like Gadot. Which is ok because it looks like anime WW, like Mafex usually looks.

SHF looks like Gadot but in turn the hairline makes it look funky.

This.

I should have saved the pics, but I saw a post on IG a few days ago where someone darkened the eyebrows on the SHF and it looked even better and pretty much sealed the sale for me.

I do think so far though Mafex Aquaman and Flash look better than SHF, but seems like its pretty much wait and see these in person to be sure.

This.

I should have saved the pics, but I saw a post on IG a few days ago where someone darkened the eyebrows on the SHF and it looked even better and pretty much sealed the sale for me.

I do think so far though Mafex Aquaman and Flash look better than SHF, but seems like its pretty much wait and see these in person to be sure.

The skin tones on the prototypes are usually painted, the actual products are just bare plastic with the facial expressions printed on. Never trust the prototype and the price they are going on pre-order, I'd rather you wait for actual release to justify buying it. I've been burnt a lot of times and don't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

This.

I saw this custom on FB

IMO I like what he did, but some of it is overkill, so I think I will go with a more subtle mod when mine arrives

Tried out the hairdryer method to extend the torso. Think just abit more and i'll be satisfied. Great tip Adeno.:clap

fc85fa46-b751-48f2-ab5c-8841a02b494d.jpg
426db6d9-0a9d-4ee3-9d2b-1eac31dade73.jpg

Finally Amiami shipped my WW figuarts..so annoyed that Bandai waited until the end of Dec to release her..right around Japanese New Years so everything got delayed since this week :lecture

I already got a customizing paint scheme ready for her but of course, I’m waiting to actually see how the hs looks in hand :wink1:

Back