Rory's Cave V2.0 (customs, mods, collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome. Getting my Crow figure in tomorrow and I'm jealous it won't look like that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Started working on Grievous. Beautiful figure but the eye section needs help.

Sculpt:

Paint:
These are macro pics. This is obviously really tiny in real life, as you can see from the print/dot matrix on Grievous' face plate.

repainted face, cut extended channels (black lines) down to eyeholes etc etc..

FINS/EARS:

Started to work on the "ears".

I reshaped them a little, made the points finer, matched the screen version a bit better.

New Pins added. I melted slots into the back of the fins to fit the pins. Then cut off the pinheads with a wire cutter to make strong bars to connect to the head (as per the movie version). I drilled holes in the head to hold the pins.

...and onto the head. They are now positionable (well loosely) I think I will set them in a choice pose, from what I've seen angled inwards at the mouth, tilted back slightly seems pretty Grievous. The main thing for me was to get them separate from the head visually and angle them inwards. For some reason SS put them on very straight and linear, which goes against the actual design. And I hated the flat rectangular "plugs" which stuck them into the side of head. The CG Grievous had thin black pins attaching the ears, sometimes visible, sometimes not. I have clean up and painting to do on this before I permanently attach fins.

Repaint:

Rory, That's Insane and a Excellent Pic's, I also dig the pointing finger, seems more personal to the one who's standing in front of the General, Very Impressive Job and Post my Friend

Rory...I am truly astounded and utterly impressed by the extent you've modded Grievous, and the level of perfection you've reached in doing so. BRAVO, sir. :bow

Back