Rory's Cave V2.0 (customs, mods, collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rory,

Have you considered getting the new Blitzway "Bruce Lee in Game of Death" 1/3 scale statue by Arnie Kim - or are you going to pass on that one ? I think it is too big and unpractical so I am not getting it. I prefer the 1/6 size - even if it is a nice Bruce Lee figure.

The reason I am asking is that I want your opinion about it - both the size and the look - plus if there is possible to make it even more optimal looking.

I am having a brief discussion about this statue having a bit of a lifeless look - which I think might be in the eyes, and I think the main reason is that the iris are all black without any colour or details. So maybe by making changes of the original iris in the eyes by adding colour and a more details in the irises - and maybe even also changing the direction of the eyes - might help improve the appearance of this statue a bit more ?

Here is the original (photo credit to Mirak):

IMG_3689a.jpg~original

What's your opinion on this ?

I played a little in Photoshop with the above image - and added a (real) brown iris (which is from a close up photo of a real iris):

ofshty.jpg

...and further more, I have shifted the direction - so that Bruce is looking to his left side:

zsr9yv.jpg

Bear in mind that this is just very hasty done....

I have seen one re-paint job (found by Aeumuse on another forum) with the changes to the iris which I think is a step in the right direction, but something is not quite done right as it seems a bit off - when looking closely at it (or maybe it is the light or angle):

190013wx832pa1kn11dm8o.jpg

190024h88jhqhphrkf7zxr.jpg

190043nq0ztqlyl5fx2yza.jpg

190219ktc087crdcdp997p.jpg

(Pics courtesy of bruce1980523 at the bbicn forum)

just skimmed through this whole thread. some stunning photos of your figures and love the mods - really brings them to life. Love it!

D

*You're. :monkey3

The sculpt on Batman looks pretty good, but the way it connects to the neck/body looks strange in that shot. Other than that, great pictures as always.

It does look odd, but then again the cowl and costume of the actual suit looked bizarre as well. Probably just needs a little shift over. Anyways it's a big improvement from the DX12. The cowl is identical with a little more detail in the casting, but the PERS plate and faceplate make it more like the QS001.

It's a great set overall.

Last edited:
Back