Rock Band 1 VS Rock Band 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I get GHWT tonight for Christmas, but I am not holding my breath.

Are you just getting the game or the bundle? Don't you have all the instruments from RB?

Did you see a drum kit at my house? :lol

I just bought the game disc for RB 1 and 2.

I asked for the GHWT bundle, but I doubt I'll get it due to cost.

Anyone that has GH2 does the drums uses 5 or 6 colors.

Kit have you tried the drums yet? I played the ones that I gave my nephews today and they seem really cramped. I was thinking of getting the new GH game only but I a worried that the drum wont works as the RB drums I have uses 5 colors but GH uses 6.

GH uses 6? It's just the 3 drums and 2 cymbols. Same colors as RB. I like the drums a lot. It feels more like a real drum kit with the the cymbols. Some songs I am pretty good on Medium and others have too many changes too fast for me right now, but I have only played once for about an hour. With more practice I'll get better.

I really like the GH drum kit a lot more than the RB one with the limited exp I have on both.

edit - I just looked at the RB kit. I didn't know it only had 4 drums on it plus the foot pedal. GH has 3 drums, 2 cymbols and the foot pedal. GH FTW!

Last edited:
GH uses 6? It's just the 3 drums and 2 cymbols. Same colors as RB. I like the drums a lot. It feels more like a real drum kit with the the cymbols. Some songs I am pretty good on Medium and others have too many changes too fast for me right now, but I have only played once for about an hour. With more practice I'll get better.

I really like the GH drum kit a lot more than the RB one with the limited exp I have on both.

edit - I just looked at the RB kit. I didn't know it only had 4 drums on it plus the foot pedal. GH has 3 drums, 2 cymbols and the foot pedal. GH FTW!

Yeah I was like 6 wow. The feel of the drums is better and the I like the 3 drums 2 cymbals and a kick but they need to be spaced out some more IMO. I am just not sure how they are interchangeable when one uses more "buttons" then the other. If you get a chance can you try the GH drums on RB2 for a second and see how it works:D

Yeah I was like 6 wow. The feel of the drums is better and the I like the 3 drums 2 cymbals and a kick but they need to be spaced out some more IMO. I am just not sure how they are interchangeable when one uses more "buttons" then the other. If you get a chance can you try the GH drums on RB2 for a second and see how it works:D

Yeah, I planned to anyway so no problem. The list says they are interchangeable so I'm sure they will work. You probably just won't use one of the cymbols on the GH set when playing RB or something.

Well I found the answer for how the RB drums work on GH. They change to 4 color and kick instead of 5 colors and kick.

I'm sure you all have answered this question, but I'll ask anyway: Are instruments from RockBand 1 compatible with RockBand 2? I own the RB1 Bundle and was hoping I could just buy the RB2 disc.

Also, can the downloadable content (ie tracks, bundles, etc.) on the PS3 Network for RB1 be used on RB2?

I just saw that the GHWT game is 50 at best buy I think I am going to get get that with my Company's Xmas gift card.

Has anyone exported the RB1 songs to RB2?? I've read conflicting reports on if you must have the code from the instruction manual to use the export key or not. Can anyone clarify??

Thanks for answering my questions douchebags :thwak

I've played on both kits, and I like RB2 way better. Steel pedal pieces, quieter drum heads, and input for the expansion symbols.

The guitar feels better too... and i've played a real guitar for 14+ years now, so i'd say go for RB2.

Has anyone exported the RB1 songs to RB2?? I've read conflicting reports on if you must have the code from the instruction manual to use the export key or not. Can anyone clarify??

If I remember right you go to options on RB2 and go to import songs. It costs about $5 to do this.

Back