Rock Band 1 VS Rock Band 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I plan on picking up Rock Band this week with some xmas money. My question is, is there a big difference between the bundles for 1 and 2? I know you can play co-op with 2 online but not for 1. If I'm not mistaken, all the tracks that are downloadable can be used for either. I plan on getting both games but can get the bundle for 1 A LOT cheaper, then I'd just get the game disk for #2. Guess I'm mainly asking about the instruments.

Thanks for the help.

All I know is that these games suck. :lol

Real guitar/instruments for the win. :rock

Well of course real is better, but the games are fun. I own a Fender Strat and a Washburn bass, but I still like the games for fun as well.

I was just playing around. The games can be fun. They are definitely better when played together with friends.

Will always prefer real though. :rock

I plan to start taking lessons again. I can still wing it on the bass, but suck ass on guitar these days. I went for several years w/o picking it up.

I don't own either bundle, but I don't think there is any diff in the drums or guitars.

In rock band 2, the peddle on the drum set is metal instead of plastic which sometimes broke on the original set

Real guitar/instruments for the win. :rock

Well of course real is better, but the games are fun.

Real women are always better, too, but they're not always around. :lol

I don't know much about the instruments in this game, but I know the guitar was improved on the Guitar Hero games. You might want to check some reviews to see if any of the instruments were improved since the last version. :duff

I owned number one briefly- the guitar was crap. I have heard awful things about the guitars breaking more so than the Guitar Hero versions. The drums were mediocre. The placement and response should be improved in my opinion. I sold the set before I gave it a go on the microphone.

Honestly, I have heard better things about Guitar Hero World TOur.

Not even on bass......not even on EASY bass :lol

I was playing bass on normal ^^^^ hole

And I found my answer on Gamestop's website

Innovative hardware updates! Rock Band 2 will ship with 2nd generation hardware: more durable, wireless drums with an expansion port to support cymbal pads and improved wireless Fender® Stratocaster® guitars—with multiple colors—that will let you rock harder and longer then ever before.

Rock Band 2 it is. I guess I'll see if they have the first one used. Also need the AC/DC track pack :rock

I was playing bass on normal ^^^^ hole

And I found my answer on Gamestop's website

Innovative hardware updates! Rock Band 2 will ship with 2nd generation hardware: more durable, wireless drums with an expansion port to support cymbal pads and improved wireless Fender® Stratocaster® guitars—with multiple colors—that will let you rock harder and longer then ever before.

Rock Band 2 it is. I guess I'll see if they have the first one used. Also need the AC/DC track pack :rock

yeah just ignore my reply ^^^^^^^^

Back