Rock Band 1 VS Rock Band 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guitar Hero World Tour has drums and all the other instruments as well... don't over look that one.

I'm not but it's all about the AC/DC track pack for me.

Does anyone know if all the instruments for either GH:WT or RB are 100% interchangable with each other?

I think the quality of the Guitar Hero instruments are better. If it were me in your position I think i would buy the Guitar Hero pack and the Rock Band games separately.

I am planning on getting the wireless RB2 drum set (with add-on cymbals) separately. Don't think I will get the new GH drums as they have a different layout than I am accustomed to with RB. I much prefer the GH wireless guitar and always use that to play both games. I have GH 2, 3, Aerosmith and World Tour as well as RB 1 and 2. I have to say that if I were forced to pick one franchise over the other, I prefer Rock Band without hesitation.

I'm not but it's all about the AC/DC track pack for me.

Does anyone know if all the instruments for either GH:WT or RB are 100% interchangable with each other?
I know with RB1 the instruments only worked on RB but the GH guitar worked on RB. Check this out
https://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

I have no tried GH drums but I have heard they are much better then RB. If you wait until after Christmas I can tell you as my nephews are GH WT from me and will try them out on Christmas.

I am planning on getting the wireless RB2 drum set (with add-on cymbals) separately. Don't think I will get the new GH drums as they have a different layout than I am accustomed to with RB. I much prefer the GH wireless guitar and always use that to play both games. I have GH 2, 3, Aerosmith and World Tour as well as RB 1 and 2. I have to say that if I were forced to pick one franchise over the other, I prefer Rock Band without hesitation.

Thanks buddy. I think I'm leaning towards RB for the set right now but I plan on getting most of the games at some point.

Why do you want the crappy RB drums when GH's are a much better set?

After reading the Amazon reviews, most people hated the GH drums and there is apparently a huge issue with them not working properly.

That being said, RB2 it is. Thanks for all your input fellas. Except you Jason. You're a tool ;)

After reading the Amazon reviews, most people hated the GH drums and there is apparently a huge issue with them not working properly.

That being said, RB2 it is. Thanks for all your input fellas. Except you Jason. You're a tool ;)

It was probably too hard for non musically inclined people to master using the cymbals :lol

RB will be perfect for you. :D

Anyone know how the add on cymbals work on RB2? Do they replace the drum of that color or do both work or what?

I think the game is intuitive and actually changes (adds more colors) when you put on the cymbals.

Anyone know how the add on cymbals work on RB2? Do they replace the drum of that color or do both work or what?

I picked up the cymbals and they work great and you can still use the drum pad once you have them hooked up.

I only have RB and GH for PS2, so I can't comment on stuff like downloadables or internet achievements, but I always liked the layout for GH 100x better than RB.

Back