Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

Nice work Andy. The reactor being backwards would have bugged the heck out of me as well. Nice work and I'm glad you were able to pull it off without breakage

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

Great job on the reactor Andy,I cancelled mine on Monday but I might try and get a one at a later date still.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR...

So at long last I got round to tackling the Arc Reactor issue on my Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust which Sideshow had totally bodged up by placing the Arc Reactor the wrong way round :slap that's right, all 3000 of these busts suffered the same fate and almost all those who had PO'd this bust or already received it had either cancelled or returned their ones back for a full refund, which is totally understandable. As an Iron Man fan, I just couldn't do it...I guess I'd been waiting for so long to receive this piece and so wanted to at least have a go at fixing the darn thing! Well, I did it! :yess: So guys, I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust with the Arc Reactor the right way round :lol :lol

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

ysyhynuz.jpg

ne6udyza.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg
I must spread some reputation before giving you rep again, but this is an awesome job my friend.

:clap

Is internet robbery a thing? I'm going to point a gun at my computer screen. Give me all your collectibles!

Nice fix :)

Nicely done Andy!!! It looks way better now... don't know yet how Sideshow screw it...

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR...

So at long last I got round to tackling the Arc Reactor issue on my Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust which Sideshow had totally bodged up by placing the Arc Reactor the wrong way round :slap that's right, all 3000 of these busts suffered the same fate and almost all those who had PO'd this bust or already received it had either cancelled or returned their ones back for a full refund, which is totally understandable. As an Iron Man fan, I just couldn't do it...I guess I'd been waiting for so long to receive this piece and so wanted to at least have a go at fixing the darn thing! Well, I did it! :yess: So guys, I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust with the Arc Reactor the right way round :lol :lol

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

ysyhynuz.jpg

ne6udyza.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

Very well done ! How much do you charge for that! ( just kidding ) mine should arrive tomorrow ( feb 28) here's hoping that it isn't messed up

Great job Andy :clap

and now tony is complete and correct.:clap

Did you use heat at all or just repeated scoring with the x-acto?

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

ysyhynuz.jpg

ne6udyza.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

Very great job Andy!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC SILVER SURFER COMIQUETTE PROJ...

Hey Sarv, haven't heard from you in a while? How's things going? I see you PO'd the WW PF my friend....massive congrats :clap it was only today that I contemplated ordering her myself while the EX is still available. Story is...I'd initially got bought into Sideshows DC line as their PFs looked so good and so the Joker PF was ordered instantly along with the Bats PF and Supes PF, however, I made a decision to not get involved in every piece in the DC line and decided to concentrate on my 2 main characters that are my favourites from the DC line which are Supes and Bats. So I sold the Joker PF a while ago and also passed on other releases such as GL, Sinistro, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn...BUT...now I'm thinking should I add Wonder Woman to complete the DC Trinity? I was explaining over on the WW thread that I already own the classic 4 Marvel Comic PFs that create that amazing display set up in that infamous Sideshow pic

Going good Andy. As usual tied up with work stuff. Glad to know that you POed the WW statue. It will surely be a great addition to your awesome collection. And just checked out your fix on IM LSB and it looks flawless. Fantanstic job as usual mate.
TeFhv.gif

Great job my friend!!! :rock

Awesome work. Salute

So, have SS offer you a contract yet, to fix 6000 Mark VI yet? Lol

ironmanfix.jpg

I did it! It is simply glued on. All you do is tug on it back and forth a bit and it just gives! Popped right out.
Just be careful not to use tools as it may scratch the paint. I merely used my hand and yanked.
For all those who complained... YES it did royally suck with this problem originally. But now its an easy fix! The paint scheme on mine is beautiful, not over-done, no extremely apparent brush strokes. It looks fantastic, I leave it turned on a lot due to its epic presentation.
Now that the arc is right-side-up and its looking pretty, I will fully enjoy my bust while everyone else sent theirs back or cancelled lol :yess:

View attachment 96468

I did it! It is simply glued on. All you do is tug on it back and forth a bit and it just gives! Popped right out.
Just be careful not to use tools as it may scratch the paint. I merely used my hand and yanked.
For all those who complained... YES it did royally suck with this problem originally. But now its an easy fix! The paint scheme on mine is beautiful, not over-done, no extremely apparent brush strokes. It looks fantastic, I leave it turned on a lot due to its epic presentation.
Now that the arc is right-side-up and its looking pretty, I will fully enjoy my bust while everyone else sent theirs back or cancelled lol :yess:

Thanks.... I'm going to do it to mine when it arrive Monday.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE: VARIOUS CUSTOM CHROMED COLLECTIBLES

As promised CBG, here are a few of those pics I was referring to in regards to some of the chrome work this guy has done in the past. It's so cool to see how chroming a statue can really emphasis it's overall aesthetics...starting with the Destroyer Maquette from Sideshow Collectibles

asyju6a9.jpg

hezypetu.jpg

And this beautifully chromed Iron Man Comiquette...

ujypabus.jpg

Not sure if this is Bowen but still another lovely example of how cool Iron Man looks when chromed...

6agazady.jpg

And finally, here is a pic of why, in my opinion, Silver Surfer is the ideal character to have chromed...

ydaze9a6.jpg

Damn! The chrome destroyer looks so badass! How much did it costs if you don't mind me asking? Just say a lot or not. That will answer my question good enough. Now I wished I didn't just sell my destroyer. Lol...... Did the chrome get done well with no spikes breaking off it?

Back