Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW CUSTOM DISPLAY CASE FOR IRON MAN MK42

Really beautiful display my friend. Would love to have one for my statues :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW CUSTOM DISPLAY CASE FOR IRON MAN MK42

cracking case andy.:clap IM gonna look great inside that.james's work is excellent..now you need one for Mr Lee..when you decide
(and you should) to get it for your collection.put him in a IM suit so he blends in:lol.
always a pleasure to see pics of your collection mate:)

:lol :lol nice one Chris...yea, Will definately think abt getting him...maybe once I start seeing some inhand pics it may get me all excited again! Thanks my friend

Damn!!! Respect once again!!!

But, I'm more intrigued to see your repaint job... PLEASE... don't be good... because if it is, I'll be forced to send mine to you to the UK and redo mine too!!! :p

Good luck bud (even if I know you don't need "luck" with such talent!)
Make this statue proud, how it should have been since the beginning!!!

Such kind words Marc, thanks so much :hi5: what happened with the shipping motive for the Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust?

Wow fantastic display the lighting really makes it look special can't wait to see your display when you get the room

Hey Ant, thanks buddy...really appreciate the kind words :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* One of the best PF's - the BATMAN PF EX

Thanks my man :hi5: appreciate the kind words:) Yea, to order the EX right away you pretty much have to order direct. Its always quite nerve wrecking when ordering abroard for the first time but I have to say that Sideshows service is second to none! Take the Bats PF for example...payment taken on the 8th Jan, shipped on the 9th and received on the 13th - and that's only cos there was a weekend in between otherwise it would have probably been faster! :horror The import duty is basically 20% of the combined total of item value plus shipping so for example in this case for the Bats PF it will be:

$399 + $57 = $456 convert that to GBP = GBP285 x 20% = GBP57.00 and then you add on the handling charges which is approx. an extra tenner say. So in all your looking at around under the GBP80.00 mark. Hence why so many collectors living in the EU usually only order direct when its an Exclusive OR in my case...cos I'm an impatient git!!! :lol :lol hope that helps bud :hi5:

Wow Andy, thanks for the help really appreciate that. Those custom charges are a right pain in the you know what for international buyers and I can see myself picking up one or two of these Premium formats locally in the future. I can't imagine what you've spent on customs over the years lol :) any news on the Iron Man mark4 1/2 scale bust? Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* One of the best PF's - the BATMAN PF EX

Do you have a picture of your entire display? I've looked through the thread but can't seem to find one (i'm assuming there is one here somewhere)

I imagine it would look pretty impressive

Andy would need the Hubble telescope to capture his entire display in 1 photograph :lol

Do you have a picture of your entire display? I've looked through the thread but can't seem to find one (i'm assuming there is one here somewhere)

I imagine it would look pretty impressive

Thanks Gary :hi5: lol you wouldn't be able to find a pic of my whole display pal...I wish I could take a pic :( unfortunately 80% of my collection is packed away in their shipping boxes as I'm currently searching for a bigger family home ever since our second baby was born...hence the current lack of space. I'm certain that we'll have somewhere sorted in 2014 and then my dream of having my own cinema room / display room will hopefully become a reality:pray:

Andy would need the Hubble telescope to capture his entire display in 1 photograph :lol

:lol :lol :lol something like that Eric :hi5: nice one :)

Cool looking display case can't wait to see the repainted Mark 42 statue go in here. :yess:

Thanks so much Steve :clap starting the repaint tomorrow buddy so will keep you posted :wink1: wish me luck :)

omg that display

uraqyhe9.jpg
156189_tribune_supernatural.gif

Awesome post Nick :rock thanks buddy

that case is killer. I so want to see a panoramic shot of your set up mister. this boggles my feeble li'l mind.

Great comments Dave :hi5: thanks pal...hope you liked my PM's :)

:clap Display is looking great my friend. This is a great piece and deserves this extra attention!

Looking forward to the video of this on the turn table moving :rock

Thanks Eric, yea...I'll get that video all set up for you buddy....will really give you a better perspective of the display as a whole :wave

wow very nice bro im impressed you should do video reviews on youtube on your statues as they have really nice displays

No worries Shabs, will do buddy :) thanks for the great comments

Wow....very impressive.

You're collection is just amazing.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY CUSTOM 89 BATMOBILE BASE DISPLAY / FINAL P...

Here it is guys!! Thanks for all your fantastic comments...I love to share my displays and collection with you all and the fantastic feedback makes this hobby all the more worth while so a massive thanks to you all :)

gaba3aju.jpg

ame9uzeh.jpg

Bit of an old bump but i'm building my Batcave Home Cinema as we speak and I need a Bat symbol cut from acrylic (Big one) Did you use a specific company or was it a one off?
No home cinemas complete without a full size bat signal :yess:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY CUSTOM 89 BATMOBILE BASE DISPLAY / FINAL P...

Wow....very impressive.

You're collection is just amazing.

Thanks you so much Aka for your kind words my friend :hi5: hope you are well :wave

Bit of an old bump but i'm building my Batcave Home Cinema as we speak and I need a Bat symbol cut from acrylic (Big one) Did you use a specific company or was it a one off?
No home cinemas complete without a full size bat signal :yess:

Hey bud, no worries...always here to help :) the base was actually made for me by very well known collector here in the UK, especially renowned for his YouTube video reviews. Unfortunately, it's a complete one off and it even has a signed COA on the back stating an ES of 1 of 1 lol!! If you want, I can find out how the base was made/cut...I know the bat logo aswell as the base is all made from a strong 10mm acrylic and is comprised of 3 layers...let me know buddy and congrats on your future BatCave :clap sounds awesome!!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW CUSTOM DISPLAY CASE FOR IRON MAN ...

Had some rare free time last weekend and managed to finally put together my custom display case for my Iron Studios Iron Man MK42 - the repainting of my MK42 will hopefully start this weekend :pray:

So basically, I wanted to replicate what I'd initially seen from Iron Studios themselves when they unveiled their prototype last year but in my own style. So included in this display is my customary LED rope lighting around the statue base...this lighting is perfect for round bases and just compliments the overall display. Underneath the base of the statue sits an motorised turntable - thus giving the viewer an overall 360 degree visual of the statue. Really happy the way this came out and once the statue is repainted I cant wait to complete the display...

Once I've put it all together i'll definitely put up a video to show the turntable in action plus I can also get to turn the base and statue lights on too for extra effect!!! So here are a few pics guys :wave

Here is the statue in question before its repainted....

2yvereru.jpg

ypy3uves.jpg

and here will be his final resting place :)

ta7e6e2a.jpg

uraqyhe9.jpg

Wow... those lightup boxes and Bat sign is simplying amazing...

Wow Andy, thanks for the help really appreciate that. Those custom charges are a right pain in the you know what for international buyers and I can see myself picking up one or two of these Premium formats locally in the future. I can't imagine what you've spent on customs over the years lol :) any news on the Iron Man mark4 1/2 scale bust? Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Your very welcome my friend :hi5: I'm here to help :) yea, those import taxes are very ****ty indeed but c'est la vie mate...if it's the price I have to pay to get it to me right away then so be it lol! I wish I was more patient and not like a kiddy in a candy store :wink1:

Surprised, as I was expecting to get shipping notice for the IM LSB last Friday :dunno I'd imagine it will be tomorrow so fingers crossed :pray:

Really beautiful display my friend. Would love to have one for my statues :)

Thank you so much Wei :hi5: I hope your vacation is going well my friend...stay cool :cool:

Damn awesome display andy. Beautiful.I want to see all your collection in one video!! Make it now!! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Oscar :lol I know bud, you'll be the first to know once my vid goes live :rock

Now that is the way to show off that iron Man Roberto!!!! Love it! Well played player! You be pimpin statues like no one else I know!

781789_db5f_625x1000.jpg

Averone better watch out, your collection is starting to rival his! ;)

:lol :lol Alex and I had a little chuckle over on Facebook the other day over our Iron Man collections :lol Infact he seems to think I actually have more movie related Iron Man stuff that he has :horror of course when it comes to comic Iron Man, well that's another story :lol

Great looking case! I'm interested to see the repaint. The bare bones of a great piece seem to be there, but the factory paint app is definitely lacking.

Thanks Kris :clap not sure when the Repaint will be completed but rest assured I'll post up some pics once it's done my friend :)

The display looks great, very classy!

Appreciate the kind comments Ben :clap thanks buddy

:lol:lol:lol I thought your Arnie would win against her for being an eye popping display... ah but I was wrong... a woman with a fine booty like this never has to worry about competition. :wink1:

:lol nice one Sarv :lol infact, you might be interested to know that my T-800 on Harley display has now sold buddy :( never thought I'd actually sell it but had it on eBay for a month or so...one guy, who is a massive T2 fan, took one look at it and made me a fantastic offer which I just couldn't refuse...as I packaged it up last night I did shed a tear :monkey2

Just beautiful display my friend!

Thanks so much Darth :clap

Wow Andy! Went trough this thread and now I can say I envy your collection!

This last statue is from a Brazilian company right? They make other statues that I'm very interested in buying, but I'm not sure about the quality....as it seems no one here is rough of a fan of those series/ (saint seiya).

Great collection man!

Great to hear from you my friend and thanks for visiting my thread :1-1: your kind words and comments are so kind Fran so thank you very much. Yes, the MK42 is from Iron Studios and they are indeed the new Brazilian company...and yes, they have future products arriving soon like the MK42 1/2 scale and I think a few 1/5 scale Avenger characters. Still unsure about the MK42 LSF as to whether or not i'll be attempting to purchase one...early indications have shown that the paint application seems to be an improvement on their 1/4 scale version so we'll see :)

Correct, it's Iron Studios first release 1/4 scale. Like most rookie company's their first release was plagued with QC issues - namely the paint app.

If you went through Ricardo here on this forum he personally inspected and uploaded photos of the statue before shipping to ensure you got a good one.

I'm very happy with mine.

Thanks Eric, yea...it seems that each of these 1/4 MK42's were all individual in that some had worse paint apps than others. Also agreed that any rookie company will always have teething problems in their first few releases, hence why I think they now have the colour scheme correct for their MK42 1/2 scale statue. Yea, Ricardo is a top guy so he would ensure that you receive a top notch piece. I think I remember him saying that he maybe taking orders on the MK42 LSF?

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW CUSTOM DISPLAY CASE FOR IRON MAN ...

Excellent. Are all of your cases custom? (I might have missed the explanation already. Sorry if I did.)

Thanks for the PM Neil :hi5: sorry pal, completely missed you post :lol They are indeed custom cases. I've recently changed from acrylic to glass cases as I feel it gives for a more professional and museum like feel to my displays not to mention they are much sturdier so I'm not so limited as to how much weight I can put inside them. I've also found that cleaning the glass cases is much more easier and leave a better finish, with acrylic I was often having to go over it a few times just to get any streaks out. However, the key factor in changing to glass is the cost. The cost of Acrylic has risen considerably over the past year :horror

Robertobagg10's Display Thread Index -UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

PG 1 = Enterbay 1/4 scale Terminator 2 T-800 on Harley Motorcycle Custom Diorama Display

PG 4 = Enterbay Rambo III 1/4 scale Custom Diorama Display

PG 14 = Custom 1/6 Filmation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Diorama Display

PG 19 = Sideshow War Machine 1/1 Lifesize Bust

PG 19 = Sideshow Iron Man MKVI 1/4 Maquette (w/h Custom Battle Damage)

PG 24 = Sideshow War Machine 1/4 Maquette (w/h Custom Battle Damage)

PG 26 = Sideshow Dutch Schaeffer (Predator) Premium Format Exclusive (w/h Custom Base)

PG 29 = Sideshow Iron Man MKIII 1/2 Legendary Scale Figure

PG 32 = Custom Iron Man MKIII 1/1 Lifesize Bust (Repaint)

PG 33 = Sideshow Comic Thor 1/4 Premium Format

PG 38 = Custom Iron Man MKIII 1/1 Lifesize Bust (Repair and Repaint)

PG 38 = Sideshow Iron Man MKIII 1/1 Lifesize Bust

PG 43 = Sideshow Spiderman 1/4 Comiquette Exclusive

PG 49 = Enterbay Terminator 2 T-800 1/4 Scale Battle Damaged Figure

PG 52 = Master Replica FX Lightsaber Collection

PG 53 = Sideshow Lord of Darkness 1/4 Premium Format

PG 54 = Sideshow Captain America 1/4 Premium Format Exclusive

PG 56 = Sideshow Hulk 1/4 Premium Format

PG 57 = Sideshow Robocop 1/4 Premium Format

PG 59 = Hot Toys Superman 1/6 Figure Exclusive (w/h Custom Diorama Display)

PG 61 = Custom Iron Man MKII 1/1 Lifesize Bust

Welcome everyone to Robertobagg10's Display Thread. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to go through what will be a long winded journey through some of my favourite pieces in my collection and some of my custom displays and dioramas. If you manage to make it through to the very end of the thread without any toilet breaks then you have my respect! :rock :lol

So let us begin....

I wanted to show some pics of my Enterbay HD Masterpiece T2 T-800 1/4 scale figure display before i dismantle it. Basically, the idea for the display was that i wanted to recreate the pose of Arnie and a similiar lighting effect taken from the original T2 movie poster shown below:

zu3u8y5u.jpg

so i took my T-800 and purchased the closest thing i could find to use as a Harley Fatboy...unfortunatey, there arent too many 1/4 scale bikes out there so i was eventually lucky enough to find one on eBay...it was already customised in black in order to replicate the fatboy so i though to myself that it was probably the best one i was going to get. Next i decided to recreate a base and thought what better than to design part of a motorway/road - it kind of made sense what with the motorcycle...

once the base was completed i hand made a display case from black and clear acrylic which i was really happy with and added some cool looking spot lights to go into the top of the case (which has a separate opening lid that i made so i could remove it to put the lights in...please enjoy the pics of the final results...

yvuze8y8.jpg

yrenyjy9.jpg

:clap :clap such awesomeness Andy. Hopefully one day I can start my terminator collection. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back