Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a horror movie. Very, very rarely do the critics even like, let alone love, horror movies. It is probably best to keep them and their negative thoughts away as long as possible so people on the fense about seeing the film will go before they hear how 'bad' it is.

The preview at Comic-Con looked great. I'm looking forward to it, and *may* even get to see it with a former Michael Myers himself :monkey3

Who? I think the movie will do very well and will also entertain regardless.

Who? I think the movie will do very well and will also entertain regardless.

Don Shanks, he played Myers in Part 5 (which was filmed in Utah, pt 4 too I think). My grandpa knows him through karate, plus he regularly works out at the gym near us. My grandpa even played an extra cop in pt 5, although he is hardly visable, if at all. Anyone remember the yellow Blazer (car) in an alley when one of the girls goes to the gas station and all of the cops pull up? Well, that was my grandpa's car :lol

Like I said, I'm not sure it will happen, but I've talked to my grandpa and he plans on inviting him to the show with us. I told him how funny it would be for him to dress up for the show (he has HIS mask of course). Thought it would be fun to hear what a former Michael has to say on the new film as well as the stories that would certainly come up.

Hope that didn't sound like I was bragging or anything, because I'm not trying to. :eek:

Don Shanks, he played Myers in Part 5 (which was filmed in Utah, pt 4 too I think). My grandpa knows him through karate, plus he regularly works out at the gym near us. My grandpa even played an extra cop in pt 5, although he is hardly visable, if at all. Anyone remember the yellow Blazer (car) in an alley when one of the girls goes to the gas station and all of the cops pull up? Well, that was my grandpa's car :lol

Like I said, I'm not sure it will happen, but I've talked to my grandpa and he plans on inviting him to the show with us. I told him how funny it would be for him to dress up for the show (he has HIS mask of course). Thought it would be fun to hear what a former Michael has to say on the new film as well as the stories that would certainly come up.

Hope that didn't sound like I was bragging or anything, because I'm not trying to. :eek:

Bragging? Nahh, sounds very cool, if it does happen please of course take some pics with him and post them here too! I love reading stories on how some of us get connected to the movies!

Thanks to you i'm going to have to watch Halloween 5 just to see the yellow car, LOOOL!

Thanks and make sure to keep us posted!

:lol OK. The funny thing is about that car is they cut away to it two or three times! And my grandpa just parked in the alley so he would be out of the way.

Thats awesome. Don Shanks seems like a cool dude, based on the interviews I have seen with him. :D

3_large.jpg

On stands now.

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Soundtrack is available today. Surprisingly, it's not a score CD but features, I'm assuming, music heard in the film. Actually lots of cool classic 70's rock songs on there and even the Blue Oyster Cult is included. The newest take on the Halloween Theme is on the CD, it's ok, it's basically just the theme with some Rob Zombie-esque sounds and rhythms added, same for The Shape Stalks Laurie.

I really like the various reflections of Carpenter's film that Zombie is using, I just hope those aren't the only high points and that his unique creations don't suck. I forget his name offhand, but just from the trailer, I think the guy playing Brackett will do great, just very different from his past roles (most notable, Chucky) and McDowell looks like he'll deliver an impressive Loomis. Not much to judge Scout Taylor Compton on yet though.

I can't wait to get the NECA figure.

Soundtrack is available today. Surprisingly, it's not a score CD but features, I'm assuming, music heard in the film. Actually lots of cool classic 70's rock songs on there and even the Blue Oyster Cult is included. The newest take on the Halloween Theme is on the CD, it's ok, it's basically just the theme with some Rob Zombie-esque sounds and rhythms added, same for The Shape Stalks Laurie.

I really like the various reflections of Carpenter's film that Zombie is using, I just hope those aren't the only high points and that his unique creations don't suck. I forget his name offhand, but just from the trailer, I think the guy playing Brackett will do great, just very different from his past roles (most notable, Chucky) and McDowell looks like he'll deliver an impressive Loomis. Not much to judge Scout Taylor Compton on yet though.

I can't wait to get the NECA figure.

Glad to see Don't Fear the Reaper is in it. It was in the original movie after all so I'm glad Zombie kept it in. Tyler Bates is a favorite composer of mine (Dawn '04 & 300) so I'm curious to hear his version of the Halloween theme.

In a nutshell, I was pretty unimpressed and it felt more like a bad sequel than a remake of the original, imho. And Zombie tries way too hard at times to push the envelope and be "extreme" and the result is something that felt like anything but a Michael Myers/HALLOWEEN movie to me. :(

You heard about the extensive reshoots, lukewarm (at best) early test screenings and the lack of review screenings. Well, let me just say that all of these things are obvious when watching the movie.

There ARE some cool moments... a few shots that retain SOME of Carpenter's iconic imagery. But, imho, there are probably more "WTF!" moments... and some stuff that is just flat-out gratuitous and unnecessary. Oh, and Zombie really does not know the value of suspense. AT ALL. That aspect of Carpenter's original is all but completely lost here. :monkey2

It's gonna split the fans more than the TCM remakes did, I think.

Some people will dig it. And the flick will have its diehard apologists, like they all do. But some will absolutely detest and hate it. The rest will be like me: "Meh". This could and should have turned out much better than it did.

Bonus points for topless Danielle Harris, though! :monkey5 :rock

Just one man's opinion. See it for yourselves next week and make up your own mind. Me? Well, I'm actually less inclined to pick up the new NECA figures now. :(

In a nutshell, I was pretty unimpressed and it felt more like a bad sequel than a remake of the original, imho. And Zombie tries way too hard at times to push the envelope and be "extreme" and the result is something that felt like anything but a Michael Myers/HALLOWEEN movie to me. :(

You heard about the extensive reshoots, lukewarm (at best) early test screenings and the lack of review screenings. Well, let me just say that all of these things are obvious when watching the movie.

So at least by your review it's what I always expected it would be. Gotta see it for myself but the bar... she's low.

Back