Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reaction of fans, to me, shows how much M$ is hated these days. Hope Square got a lot of $$$$ for this deal - cause it aint gonna sell on Xbone

I wouldn't say it's a Microsoft hate thing, people would get mad if it were any studio doing that type of thing. They got mad when FFXIII was announced to be available on Xbox 360, they got mad when Diablo III was announced for consoles, they got mad when Bayonetta 2 was announced as an exclusive for Wii U.
This is no different.

As far as whether it makes Microsoft something to hate, I don't think so. Remember, Sony paid hundreds of millions of dollars for studios to support Blu-Ray, and if they hadn't then the PS3 would have failed. If doing this type of thing makes sure the Xbox One doesn't go under, then it's what they need to do.

Yeah, the internet needs to calm their ****. More than likely it's just a timed exclusive.

CD has already released a statement saying this is only coming to XONE. I think Microsoft is actually investing a lot into development costs to take the game to a new level, so I doubt we will ever see this on PS4.

https://www.computerandvideogames.c...oming-to-ps4-or-pc-crystal-dynamics-confirms/

"As you may have seen, we've just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I'd like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we're creating at the studio.

"Today's announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011.

"We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

"This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

"We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we'll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we're going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built."

Hopefully you’re right though.

"Our friends at MS have always seen huge potential......"

Potential, yes. Reality, no. Crystal needs better friends. Needless to say, the news really bummed me out. I've said all I have to say.

No, no, no!!!! Screw you, Crystal!

I was so looking forward to a sequel but I'm not buying an XBox for it.

I think I can honestly say that the only reason that Sony hasn't done this already is because they simply can't afford to. MS has the money to throw around to nab games and developers like they have. Same reason why they haven't purchased capcom. If it had been the other way around, Sony would be the bad evil company, the recipient of gamers animosity.

I'm still thinking that this will be a timed exclusive. Granted they announced that osiris game for PS and PC but it could just be something to tide them over. It could be 6 months, it could be a year. A game reporter was going around asking various MS reps and they kept saying "exclusive for Xbox holiday 2015". Now unless someone actually goes "this game will only ever be available on Xbox" kind like they did with titanfall 1, then I'll expect it as a timed exclusive.

That being said, this was only announced a couple of hours ago. I'm sure CD and MS will elaborate on it soon.

It's a timed exclusive, been confirmed by known leakers on GAF. MS probably has it for roughly 6 months and will ride it out during the Holiday season to boost sales for the Xbone.

Let's hope the leak is reliable. 'cause most people won't buy MS console for the game, so it would be a financial issue for Crystal. They didn't won what they expected with 3 plateforms, so it would be worst if this wasn't a timed exclusive.

Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being XBONE ex after all. It's easier and much cheaper to make just MS game.

Fu** . i was thinking of Maybe getting an Xbox one for Ryse and Quantum Break .. now this ..

First awful news out of Gamescom: this is EXCLUSIVE to Xbone

Source, god I hope this is timed!

I love this, its a beautiful slap in the face :lol

slap.gif

God I hate exclusives. I don't care what side of the fence I'm on, I hate them.

Assuming it's timed, but if it's not I guess I'm done with the franchise for the foreseeable future.

I just don't see the reasoning I guess. Titanfall didn't sell enough Xbones to beat the PS4, what makes them think TR will? I mean, that's the end game, right? "Exclusives sell consoles"

Odd decision IMO.

Back