Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. This is "gritty" and Lara is written to be "more relatable."
Which is why I question what the game wants to do, story wise. I noticed that in the reboot, especially after you and I talked :lol there were some moments with this in the reboot that worked towards 'relating' to Lara but still. Then again maybe it's part of the 'Rise', like in TDKR

Which is why I question what the game wants to do, story wise. I noticed that in the reboot, especially after you and I talked :lol there were some moments with this in the reboot that worked towards 'relating' to Lara but still. Then again maybe it's part of the 'Rise', like in TDKR

tumblr_nnjlf8QV2s1s8w1b9o1_500.gif

Wow, I thought U4 was being universally praised so far.. there you go.

Don't get me wrong: aspects to it were wonderful. Seeing Drake at a 'normal' life with his wife was almost worth the price of admission. I loved the epilogue and how it was done. What I hated was the 'Star Trek V - I actually have a brother' aspect to the story. LOL. That and the environment puzzles were lazy. Almost every solution involved looking for a crate. Guess my biggest issue was Sam. Just seemed like a bad way to go. Why not have made him a friend that was 'brother-like?' Would have rang as less false than a legit bother, IMO

I also had issues with Rise of the TR. It's a great game, but I was bummed that only Jonah makes a glorified cameo in the game, much less Sam. Wanted to see that friendship dynamic continue from the reboot.

Don't get me wrong: aspects to it were wonderful. Seeing Drake at a 'normal' life with his wife was almost worth the price of admission. I loved the epilogue and how it was done. What I hated was the 'Star Trek V - I actually have a brother' aspect to the story. LOL. That and the environment puzzles were lazy. Almost every solution involved looking for a crate. Guess my biggest issue was Sam. Just seemed like a bad way to go. Why not have made him a friend that was 'brother-like?' Would have rang as less false than a legit bother, IMO

I also had issues with Rise of the TR. It's a great game, but I was bummed that only Jonah makes a glorified cameo in the game, much less Sam. Wanted to see that friendship dynamic continue from the reboot.
I'm a noob as far as the franchise (hate that word) goes, to be honest. I've got the first three for PS3, but I've only just started the first one. :lol

Anyway, Lara. :lecture

Honestly after Uncharted 2, puzzles got annoying and kind of dumb. Uncharted 2's were tricky, but pretty nice.

Sam is almost a retcon of some stuff in later games where they stated Nate was an only child. I didn't mind Sam, but they could have done something a bit more. I still loved it because I adore everything Naughty Dog creates, but it wasn't perfect. The series as a whole is great, and I like how Naughty Dog did achieve what they set out to do, a blockbuster with more mature (in their eyes anyway) themes. I still want my Jak 4, and hope they get Crash back though...

Great game, loving it.
I can't decide whether I like or hate the resource gathering

Back