RIP Roger Ebert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP
The older I got the more I agreed with the majority of his reviews.
Still read them every week.... :monkey1

Whether I agreed with him or not, I never doubted his passion and love for movies. RIP.

I didn't always agree with him, but I still enjoyed reading his reviews. This is a sad day :monkey2 Though I will say even with out agreeing with all his reviews if I saw a movie I have never heard of or anyone in it and he gave it two thumbs up I would always check it out. Loved going to used movie stores and seeing that on the back of cases.

"I do not fear death."

https://www.salon.com/2011/09/15/roger_ebert/

An amazing essay from Ebert on life and death. Everyone who's cared about his work should read it.

I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. I am grateful for the gifts of intelligence, love, wonder and laughter. You can’t say it wasn’t interesting. My lifetime’s memories are what I have brought home from the trip. I will require them for eternity no more than that little souvenir of the Eiffel Tower I brought home from Paris.

RIP, Roger.

Wow! Didn't know about this. Watched Siskel and Ebert on "Sneak Previews" in the late '70s and early '80s.

He was a big Russ Meyer fan and co-wrote the film "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls."

RIP :(

A legend in the field. Used to love watching good ol' Siskel And Ebert on tv.
I often would go by what those two said. Especially Ebert.
Not always in agreement, but most of the time, he had it right.
For me anyway.

:monkey2

I was just corresponding with him the other day in the GI Joe movie thread.....:wink1:

Seriously, sad day as his "At the Movie" show introduced me to Star Wars been downhill every since, thanks Mr. Ebert :yess:

Sad news. He and Siskel were the first well-known reviewers for me growing up. It seemed like he had gained the upper hand on this thing. I hate it when they withold negative health information until the day before they die.

RIP - sad to see a childhood cinema figure go. sad that he suffered throughout the past several years. As dry as it was, I use to love his Sunday mid-day TV show.

Back