RIP Chris Cornell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If indeed it was suicide...man. I mentioned his tour de force solo performance of "Blackhole Sun" I was lucky enough to see from ten feet away...he prefaced the performance by saying "I wrote this song when I was going through some dark times..."

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he got through those dark times.

If indeed it was suicide...man. I mentioned his tour de force solo performance of "Blackhole Sun" I was lucky enough to see from ten feet away...he prefaced the performance by saying "I wrote this song when I was going through some dark times..."

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he got through those dark times.

I know someone who was at the Detroit concert last night. He says that Cornell told the audience "The next crowd would never live up to this one, they should've been here tonight". :(

Sad news. Apparently the song they closed the show with was a cover of Led Zeppelin's In My Time of Dying.

(opening line)

In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn

All I want for you to do is take my body home

RIP

Total shock this morning. Has to be drugs or sui. I bet we see a bunch of Black hole Sun, Outshined, etc songs being played more.

When i was driving e this morning the local station was playing nothing but his music al day long.
It didnt register to me that it was weird that they were only playing music ftom his bands.

I must admit i preferred audioslave to SG. But i always loved black hole sun. I remember being little and loving that video

Damn! The guy had it all. You hear stories al the time about how people are fine one day then the next they do themselves in.
I guess the one thing you can't escape from in life is yourself.

I'm shocked by this. I've been a fan of Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden since junior high. I liked much of Audioslave and his solo Euphoria Morning was just superb. One of the greatest singers and guitarists ever. Very sad to hear he's gone.
I really hope this wasn't suicide, he has a couple of young kids, one of them was close to my age when my dad killed himself. I'd hate to hear that he did this to them.
RIP.

When i was driving e this morning the local station was playing nothing but his music al day long.
It didnt register to me that it was weird that they were only playing music ftom his bands.

I must admit i preferred audioslave to SG. But i always loved black hole sun. I remember being little and loving that video
That video freaked me out.

Suicide my ass......my guess is he was in free fall from a return to addiction. The suicide was probably just a desperate man knowing he was falling to drugs and alcohol.

Sad either way...reports he was very out of it the last show he did the night he died.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back