RIP Chris Cornell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just dont understand it how do you do a show then get that down and just end it! I feel very suspicous of this whole story. I know we all get down from time to time but we push ourselves back up. I LOVED Soundgarden all that Chris was in and just boggles my brain. I go back to Robin Williams ask WTF WHY ??? Yes Robin had his health issues but we have to stay flippin postive and push the bad thoughts out n away. I just dont understand it rather believe he was murdered in my mind not saying he was just wish i could understand it all. He will be GREATLY MISSED and Music will live on Forever i just wish it wasnt true and this is all a bad dream.

I listened to "Sunshower" on repeat several times all day at work today with tears in my eyes trying to comprehend his passing. For me that song is a minor miracle and my favorite song Chris ever wrote and performed. I like so many will miss this man greatly. RIP.

I just dont understand it how do you do a show then get that down and just end it! I feel very suspicous of this whole story. I know we all get down from time to time but we push ourselves back up. I LOVED Soundgarden all that Chris was in and just boggles my brain. I go back to Robin Williams ask WTF WHY ??? Yes Robin had his health issues but we have to stay flippin postive and push the bad thoughts out n away. I just dont understand it rather believe he was murdered in my mind not saying he was just wish i could understand it all. He will be GREATLY MISSED and Music will live on Forever i just wish it wasnt true and this is all a bad dream.

My understanding is that people who have made the decision to see it through (as opposed to attempting it as a cry for attention) often experience waves of euphoria. I doubt his suicide was a spur of the moment thing. I have no doubt he knew throughout that whole concert exactly what he was going to do when he got back to his hotel that night.

Impossible to get inside someone's mind there, but it does seem like this was deliberate and planned out. And for some, frankly, suicide can seem like a rational way to avoid suffering. I can empathize with someone getting to that point, but it is still hard to fully process, particularly when he leaves kids behind who have to deal with this vacuum.

Depression is an awful thing and I haven't experienced it bad enough to need treatment or meds to judge someone who has to deal with it. I just hope he found his peace.

My understanding is that people who have made the decision to see it through (as opposed to attempting it as a cry for attention) often experience waves of euphoria. I doubt his suicide was a spur of the moment thing. I have no doubt he knew throughout that whole concert exactly what he was going to do when he got back to his hotel that night.

That might be true for some, but from my personal experience that's not the case.
I have no doubt he thought about it on a regular basis, especially the night he was going to go through with it.

karamazov80 said:
I can empathize with someone getting to that point, but it is still hard to fully process, particularly when he leaves kids behind who have to deal with this vacuum.

His children, wife, family and friends are victims of his actions. Ultimately what it comes down to is selfishness and abandonment. If he truly loved his wife and kids, he would've never done this to them.

It's a different story when someone is suffering from a painful physical illness, as family all you'd want is for them to stop suffering.

RIP Chris Cornell- Your music will live on for an eternity, it definitely holds a special place in my life- I cant imagine growing up without your music, it got me through some tough times. I felt like I could relate to you, you sang against repression, and issues with society at the time, to keep you head high during times of trouble and not let the ******** get you down. To never relinquish your individualism and beliefs for the status quo. Your lyrics were relatable, meaningful and personal, which is why you touched the hearts of so many. You had a voice of a god, it could hit the lowest of lows and the highest of "highs", singing out to the heavens reaching octaves that most artist would only attempt in their dreams. Thank you for being real and never selling out. I wish your family the best during these tough times. You will be missed dearly by millions.

"I never wanted
To write these words down for you
With the pages of phrases
Of things we 'll never do
So I blow out the candle, and
I put you to bed
Since you can 't say to me
Now how the dogs broke your bone
There 's just one thing left to be said
Say hello to heaven"

Say hello to heaven for me Chris, I'll see you on the other side

Last edited:
Suicide? Lovely. Nothing like telling a child that they weren't important enough to stop you from murdering yourself. Now I wonder if it really is better than an overdose. At least the latter can be considered an accident by the victims.

Apparently he was on some meds that night. That could have contributed to his mental state.
His children, wife, family and friends are victims of his actions. Ultimately what it comes down to is selfishness and abandonment. If he truly loved his wife and kids, he would've never done this to them.

It's a different story when someone is suffering from a painful physical illness, as family all you'd want is for them to stop suffering.
Once you have children, they should become the most important thing in your life, and their interest should trump your own. But a lot of people don't actually live their lives that way. I would guess that about half of the people I know well had less than stellar experiences with their fathers. Not abuse necessarily, but being selfish, not sufficiently compassionate or involved, etc. I have no idea what Cornell was like as a father one way or the other.

But putting that aside, mental illness can be just as devastating and painful for someone as a physical illness can be. To get to the point where you can't take living anymore is a profound step, particularly someone who is old enough to have achieved emotional maturity and has had a chance to experience whatever life can offer someone. Guy must have been in a terrible spot, unless the meds or alcohol, or some other nefarious force unduly contributed to this.

I was talking to my sister who had friend at the show and said he felt a bit off on timing 1st part of show then 2nd part after he came out was doing better. Then she heard he Chris had called his wife saying wasnt sure of how many pills he did take this is all here say im relaying and after show wife couldnt get hold of him and called band mates to check find him. She was telling me about drug being very bad downer and possible hallucinogenic effect idk ? Again its just a very sad ending to a Amazing talented artist.

Was watching all the tributes on you tube, he was a part of so many good tracks.

You not appreciate what you have till it's gone

Sad we will never hear that voice again

I never get tired of some of his songs, and they still speak to me after all these years. That puts him up with the greatest musicians out there in my book.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Chris's music is timeless kick@$$ Rock n roll music.:rock

very cool interview with Jimmy Page. Amazing range of vocals.

Last edited:
I'm vacationing in Seattle this week and took this photo.

18664384_10209919646964034_7945702407527162445_n.jpg

"Whatsoever I've feared has come to life
Whatsoever I've fought off became my life"

One of the greatest voices in rock I won't hesitate to put up there with Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant. RIP

Back