RIP to the greatest Batman of all time (Kevin Conroy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just unbelievable. He was the best Batman ever. I loved his stuff and he was a very kind man also. His Batman was a huge part of my childhood and I still have joy when I hear him in newer animated stuff and video games. Terrible, terrible news. :(

Last edited:
Very sad to hear this today. So iconic and seemed like a great guy to all his fans.

RIP

p183921_b_v9_aw.jpg

Yeah I don’t get terribly upset with most celebrity deaths but this one is getting to me. Saw him a few times at some cons and he was always delightful and seemed genuinely happy to be the icon of Batman and what an inspiration that character is to so many people.

I just read this and I am deeply saddened as he brought so much to Batman. The 90's animated series is still my favorite version of Batman and I am glad he is leaving such a well loved legacy behind. Conroy always seemed so gracious and appreciative of his fans too. To me a true legend and he will be missed terribly.

This guts me almost as much as Carrie dying years back did. Such a huge impact on my childhood and is the voice I hear when I read anything about Batman. The passion he had for the character and how wonderful of a person he was apparent whenever he made public appearances. Apparently he was ill for a while but 66 is really young.

This sucks.

Such sad news. Like many he was my definitive voice of Batman. That voice is still what I imagine when reading comics. Loved Batman: The Animated Series as well as the Arkham games, but he was always good whenever he turned up as Batman. He also seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Wish I would have had a chance to meet him. RIP.

Was just thinking this past week how crazy it is that this man has voiced Batman for longer than I’ve been alive. He will be missed for so many reasons.

Wow. Today, I woke up to some shocking news. I had no idea he was sick. The man who I consider to be The Batman has passed. He’ll forever be the voice of Batman to me. I had the privilege of growing up in the early 90s, listening to him give a voice to one of my all time favorite characters. What an absolute icon. RIP Mr. Conroy.

Me and the family met him a few years ago at a con and he was so awesome. Took several minutes with every fan to talk to them. I just couldn't resist telling him how much BTAS was a huge part of my childhood and that I passed it on to my kids who in turn loved him as the voice from the Arkham games. Such a great man and he will be missed.

Back