Rhino comiquette cast crack question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundamric

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi I know the rhino comiquette cast was plagued by that crack in the back near the arm and the air holes my question is does anybody that own this statue had the crack expand or get worse also is this defect acceptable in terms of collectors market I know that a high percentage of them had this problem and alot of collectors stayed with it like that since sideshow didn't have many replacements for it and they also said that the crack would not expand or affect the structure of the statue let me know if anybody has seen the defect get worse or if this affects the price of the statue overall thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

only time will tell. more product would have fixed this, but that costs money, even though the retail is rising the product is diminishing.. Lining pockets not molds is the name of the game..

only time will tell. more product would have fixed this, but that costs money, even though the retail is rising the product is diminishing.. Lining pockets not molds is the name of the game..

Well put like the whole "Lining pockets not molds is the name of the game" seems to be the way sideshow is going these days would not be surprised if that new gladiator hulk is hollow and plagued with issues as well would like it otherwise but that's where it is these days.

Has anybody heard any feedback on any modders or sculptors on whether its something that would expand and is it worth getting the crack repaired?

The statue is fiberglass which is a very resilient material, far more so than polystone. The cracks are easy to fix with some grey epoxy putty. Just look up the rhino thread. It is very unlikely to get worse.

Bodie is just a huge troll regarding this piece. I wouldn't listen to him as he gets a kick in quickly saying his two bits whenever a question like this appears about Rhino.

The statue is fiberglass which is a very resilient material, far more so than polystone. The cracks are easy to fix with some grey epoxy putty. Just look up the rhino thread. It is very unlikely to get worse.

Bodie is just a huge troll regarding this piece. I wouldn't listen to him as he gets a kick in quickly saying his two bits whenever a question like this appears about Rhino.

Do you know
What thread or page of the thread they did the fix for the rhino

Well put like the whole "Lining pockets not molds is the name of the game" seems to be the way sideshow is going these days would not be surprised if that new gladiator hulk is hollow and plagued with issues as well would like it otherwise but that's where it is these days.

They'll surprise you once in awhile with old school quality. Skaar is a good example. However you don't know until they are in hand, regardless of the products specs (legacy hulk came in half thebweight as advrtised, wassup with that..)

Am I the only one with an issue with having to buy putty to fix cracks in a sculpt you just paid 400 plus for on a broad basis right out the gates? Excuse me if this is a red flag in the quality area. Call it trolling or advise to a guy who asked a question. Whatever, lol...

mine came perfect. these cracks are easy to fix if I received a cracked one. they seem to be only on his back and not in a tight area. buy epoxy glue and mix and apply in the crack. paint a light grey color over it and done.

ahhhhhhh, more quality craftsmanship and design from the artisans at sideshow. it's not like these things cost hundreds of dollars or anything.

Am I the only one with an issue with having to buy putty to fix cracks in a sculpt you just paid 400 plus for on a broad basis right out the gates? Excuse me if this is a red flag in the quality area. Call it trolling or advise to a guy who asked a question. Whatever, lol...

You are always so quick to jump at any oppertunity to trash this statue. Don't pretend QC issues do not exist with the polystone statues as well. How many Skaar statues had snapped hair strands?

Also the Rhino is no less thin then Joker PF. Frankly the fiberglass has permitted far more detail to be present and a much stronger sculpt that won't break as easily.

Frankly the fiberglass has permitted far more detail to be present and a much stronger sculpt that won't break as easily.

This is true. If they can mix n match so the statue don't break or chip easily, and also have the feel of a poly stone will be :clap

Am I talking about your girlfriend or a piece at requires putty to fix cracking upon purchase.. eeeerkay... New rule, bodie the 11 year sideshow sculpt collector with hundreds of pieces , is not allowed to answer an open question about rhino because it makes snade maddies. Thanks for the heads up on joker. No cheapo stuff in my collection, ill avoid.

mine came perfect. these cracks are easy to fix if I received a cracked one. they seem to be only on his back and not in a tight area. buy epoxy glue and mix and apply in the crack. paint a light grey color over it and done.

You pay $400 and yet having to do this was acceptable to you? Once sideshow sees that they can send out statues with cracks where people will just accept them and decide to fix them themselves, QC will only get worse.

Instead of coming from the factory the way it should have, you had to buy extra materials to finish off a $400 statue that has major flaws in it.

If you were buying a new car and it had scratches all over it, would you still want to pay FULL price for it thinking well maybe I can find red paint and some bondo to fix these areas and they will be perfect like it should have been from the factory?

You pay $400 and yet having to do this was acceptable to you? Once sideshow sees that they can send out statues with cracks where people will just accept them and decide to fix them themselves, QC will only get worse.

Instead of coming from the factory the way it should have, you had to buy extra materials to finish off a $400 statue that has major flaws in it.

If you were buying a new car and it had scratches all over it, would you still want to pay FULL price for it thinking well maybe I can find red paint and some bondo to fix these areas and they will be perfect like it should have been from the factory?

this debate has been going on for many years and i started buying from sideshow in 2004. collectors had to 'accept' quality flubs with a possible discount towards another purchase, or return the item for a full refund which leaves the collector without his desired piece. it's been established that sideshow doesn't care if you get to add it to your collection or not. mr. green is the voice of many years of experience. you have to ask yourself, how badly do you want the piece?

i once returned a boba fett PF exclusive just because it was made of pvc, a new testing material for sideshow to cut production costs of their premium formats. it was light weight and felt cheap, like a big doll. if i would have kept it, today it's valued at close to double retail, and at one time sold for even more. you may be overlooking the big picture.

Last edited:
You are always so quick to jump at any oppertunity to trash this statue. Don't pretend QC issues do not exist with the polystone statues as well. How many Skaar statues had snapped hair strands?

Also the Rhino is no less thin then Joker PF. Frankly the fiberglass has permitted far more detail to be present and a much stronger sculpt that won't break as easily.

Frankly, I disagree with your notion that fiberglass holds more detail?! Were does that load of BS come from anyway? The rhino head is fully polystone, so where does it lack detail as opposed to the body? Simply does not make any sense to state otherwise. :cuckoo:

If you want to see great POLYSTONE skin detail, check out the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF, which holds a multitude of creases, muscle, christ even skin pores! Or consider Venom, Carnage, or any of the dinosauria line sculpts for detail(s)....etc

Bottom line is that SS made it's name using polystone for it's superior qualities, feel, & heft, & I've never heard of any true collector complain regarding polystone quality. ever!. The ONLY reason they (SS) tried to change this beloved, high quality formula is simply to increase profits by using cheaper fiberglass. Hence we would keep paying more (with their ridiculous price hikes) for cheaper product. Now what is so unbelievably hard to understand about that?:dunno

And yes, I own the Rhino, love the sculpt, size, pose, but can't stand the Sideshow rip-off, cheap, fiberglass body. Hoping they never try this kind of BS again.

P.S. And yes, I'm reluctantly going to keep Rhino. Why? Because he is a classic spidey villian that is a must addition for the best !/4 scale spidey series out there. And I don't foresee them making another anytime soon.

P.P.S. So to all the Bodies out there, keep raising hell. Lest the fat heads at Sideshow forget.

Frankly, I disagree with your notion that fiberglass holds more detail?! Were does that load of BS come from anyway? The rhino head is fully polystone, so where does it lack detail as opposed to the body? Simply does not make any sense to state otherwise. :cuckoo:

If you want to see great POLYSTONE skin detail, check out the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF, which holds a multitude of creases, muscle, christ even skin pores! Or consider Venom, Carnage, or any of the dinosauria line sculpts for detail(s)....etc

Bottom line is that SS made it's name using polystone for it's superior qualities, feel, & heft, & I've never heard of any true collector complain regarding polystone quality. ever!. The ONLY reason they (SS) tried to change this beloved, high quality formula is simply to increase profits by using cheaper fiberglass. Hence we would keep paying more (with their ridiculous price hikes) for cheaper product. Now what is so unbelievably hard to understand about that?:dunno

And yes, I own the Rhino, love the sculpt, size, pose, but can't stand the Sideshow rip-off, cheap, fiberglass body. Hoping they never try this kind of BS again.

P.S. And yes, I'm reluctantly going to keep Rhino. Why? Because he is a classic spidey villian that is a must addition for the best !/4 scale spidey series out there. And I don't foresee them making another anytime soon.

P.P.S. So to all the Bodies out there, keep raising hell. Lest the fat heads at Sideshow forget.

You, Bodie, and snad are missing the point. Don't you remember what SSC Reps said....this was all done to save us on shipping costs. It was all done to benefit us. :lol

You, Bodie, and snad are missing the point. Don't you remember what SSC Reps said....this was all done to save us on shipping costs. It was all done to benefit us. :lol

sideshow should consider paper mache. look at the way these zoo workers got trampled by one. strong, lightweight and would save them a BUNDLE on shipping costs.

image.jpg

not to mention it was advertised as polystone..

Back