• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ALIEN maquette from Sideshow on eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demorathis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alien Sideshow Maquette Mint New Big Chap Statue 1 4 Scale H R Giger Sold Out | eBay

Copy:

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

No reserve!
Thanks for looking !

The last picture shows some ALIEN items from my personal collection which are not for sale. The Sideshow Maquette is bigger than the 23" Marmit Alien, (the tallest one pictured), being at over 27" tall...

This is THE, rare, overlooked, and somewhat underestimated ALIEN maquette from Sideshow!
It sold out before anybody knew it had ever existed!
And once collectors took notice, it had already more than quadrupled in value...a surprise to most of us who were lucky enough to buy one when it was released.

This Maquette is NEW, Undisplayed, and in MINT CONDITION!
This is a HUGE figure at 1/4 scale - the box is also huge -
complete with all its original packaging.

I ordered this directly from Sideshow.
As with all my high end collectibles, I inspect the item to confirm that it is free of any damage or defects, then I deposit the item in a climate controlled, smoke-free storage for safekeeping.

Another seller on eBay had mentioned rattling in their alien base from extra resin during manufacturing, which was supposed to be a common issue. I wasn't aware of that being an issue even on the message boards, but it's definitely possible.
I've have a Vader statue that has some loose flash inside, but it's 25lbs so I wouldn't be moving it around anyway.

As far as I remember, my alien didn't have any rattling - I think I'd notice that when I first received it cuz I'm picky.
(in fact, when I received my first statue, I returned it because was badly painted and assembled at the factory. Sideshow then sent me one that was MUCH better made: this one... These are all hand assembled and painted, so I do accept some uniqueness--but nothing that pokes at my collector-related OCD ;)

Mini Review:
I may as well do this here, since I realize most folks haven't seen this in person.

Pros:
Wonderfully painted.
Sideshow really knows how to make the color textures bring a sculpt to life, the mix of glossy and flat in very subtle ways adds life to a collectible that looks better than an actual prop.

The construction is of awesome quality. Solid to the feel and heavy- STURDY, not that you should roughhouse with it, but it sits well on the base and is balanced.
You know it's not made from cheap ceramic or plastic...it's their special polystone resin.

The appearance is majestic and imposing with a creepy factor that rivals that of the Cinemaquette. It's incredibly detailed and they have most of the details correct as it appears onscreen...for those who want this for the KENNER ALIEN nostalgia factor, HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIBBING ON THE WRISTS...the ribbing on the wrists was a detail to hide the suits glove hands' seams....the original sculpture H.R. Giger created for the film also did not have the ribbing on the wrists.

An impressive statue bar none!

Cons:
A nitpick of mine....the Dracula hands pose.
And the sculpted detailing could be even more accurate. My all time favorite statue is the Alien from Roswell Japan which was smaller at 1/5 scale, ( not painted as well as the maquette ), but the sculpted details down to each little spur on the sternum and spine is so incredibly accurate, they looked as if it was made from real bone.

Sum:
It's still 9/10 for me. Almost on par with the larger, more valuable Cinemaquette. I love this statue! I never had a chance to display it, and the only reason I'm selling one of my important alien pieces is to make room for another piece.
You can't have it all and not pay for it in space...where no one can hear you scream....

Anyway just my 25 cents!

It will be shipped in original brown shipping box from Sideshow!

This maquette will only be listed for a limited time.

I am a collector as well and I know the value of finding a good quality collectible in mint condition. You will not be disappointed!

Good luck!

Thanks for looking!
Please contact me with any questions
prior to the end of auction.
Sold as-is
Immediate PayPal payment required
No returns, No exchange
All sales final
Bid with confidence!

Please see my other items on eBay!

Back