The story of how a trike came to be...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robbie, I noticed that the front wheel of the trike isn't the usual tire tube shape for a bike tire. Was the trike front tire shaped that way in the film or is that just the rim with spokes and a rubber piece will be added?

Robbie, I noticed that the front wheel of the trike isn't the usual tire tube shape for a bike tire. Was the trike front tire shaped that way in the film or is that just the rim with spokes and a rubber piece will be added?

If you look close as he is turning the corners you'll see that its more squared than round. Most trikes of that size have a square edge becuase it makes for a more stable surface. Round tires would be more likely to tip the trike.
I plan on sanding the tire surfaces to give them just a touch of arch and also to clean the mold lines off.

If you look close as he is turning the corners you'll see that its more squared than round. Most trikes of that size have a square edge becuase it makes for a more stable surface. Round tires would be more likely to tip the trike.
I plan on sanding the tire surfaces to give them just a touch of arch and also to clean the mold lines off.

These are going to be true masterpieces Robbie, they look outstanding.
Thank you so much for all your dedicated work in the 1/6 community.

Awesome! Thanks and simply breathtaking work on the trike!

Thanks for the insightful post... it's interesting how collectors can lose sight of the time invested in a figure/item before it ever get's to production. A head seems to be one of the easiest to produce en-mass, but there's going to be quite many hours into each and every sculpt which has to be spread out among the costs. I don't know how many hours it takes Rainman to sculpt a single head, but I'm sure it's a lot to get the level of polish each one has.

And I think with Danny you have the issue of size being hard to reconcile with value... I find it interesting that you can easily charge 2-3x the cost of a 1/6 head to repaint a PF head, but would get chastised for charging the same price for a smaller piece. In my mind a PF would be an easier job since I have more space to work with and I'd certainly rather paint something that size then an 8" tall figure or something like Danny or the Twins. But I think many would equate the smaller item with "less work" and see it as not worth as much.

That's an interesting point there. I wonder if customs were in 1/4 scale would they be less complex / less time consuming from a paint, effort, material and cost perspective than 1/6.

And I think with Danny you have the issue of size being hard to reconcile with value... I find it interesting that you can easily charge 2-3x the cost of a 1/6 head to repaint a PF head, but would get chastised for charging the same price for a smaller piece. In my mind a PF would be an easier job since I have more space to work with and I'd certainly rather paint something that size then an 8" tall figure or something like Danny or the Twins. But I think many would equate the smaller item with "less work" and see it as not worth as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously one could argue a greater level of detail would be expected in a larger scale... but I think that would be negligible just going up to 1/4 and I'd think the ease of painting on a larger canvas would more than make up for it.

Back