Revoltech batman tumblers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appears to be a 1/32 scale resin model kit by Kaiyodo according to Google translate. Really really small, but hopefully that also means really really cheap...and that size is probably the only feasible way of displaying all the different versions/configurations of the tumbler at once anyway, so it works out.

Kinda weird to make a model of an item that they plan on selling fully finished. Hopefully that turret configuration will make it into a future finished Revoltech release.

Damn....65 bucks for a 1/32 model kit?? It looks very detailed and accurate, but that's still way too much in my opinion. If there was a 1/12 scale Mattel Movie Master's Tumbler, I'd expect it to top out around $50 (slightly less detail, but it would also already be assembled!).

I wouldn't compare Mattel Movie Masters toys to anything that comes out of Japan. Mattel's stuff is horrendous. Sure you pay less, but the quality is brutal. I've said this before in another thread: Mattel's stuff is good for kids who play with them. As a collector, they are pretty terrible. Revoltech is not meant to "play" with due to the finicky joint system, but they display wonderfully. The amount of detail in such small figures is impressive. When you buy a Revoltech, it actually says "adult collector" and I think the older stuff used to say age 15 and up. Definitely not for kids.

Also, the exchange rate on the yen messes with everything. Anything imported from Japan costs so much more money these days due to that exchange rate. I preordered the camo tumbler, but I might drop it. The more I think about it, the more I realize it wouldn't really have any place in my collection. Revoltech should have at least made it to scale with their Batman figure. That's one of the problems with Revoltech - there really isn't any scale.

Damn....65 bucks for a 1/32 model kit?? It looks very detailed and accurate, but that's still way too much in my opinion. If there was a 1/12 scale Mattel Movie Master's Tumbler, I'd expect it to top out around $50 (slightly less detail, but it would also already be assembled!).

Much as I'd love a 1/12 tumbler to cost only $50, I don't think it would ever be that cheap. Hot Wheels' die-cast 1:18 (though inaccurate in scale) is already that much. The new Hot Wheels elite Bat Pod is more than $100 making the 1/6 HT Bat Pod sound like a really good deal, and the Movie Masters Bat Pod from their mother company Mattel costs almost $40 when it came out. The latter was 1/12 but mostly (if not 100%) plastic and rubber.

I also got the Mattel tumbler from Begins movie, the one with buttons for projectiles and sounds. It's all plastic, a tad smaller for 1/12, and it went for about $45 back in the day.

^ yeah if Mattel were to make a 1/12 tumbler for the movie masters I think it would cost around $80, $90 or $100 if they sell it through Matty collector. I also think of they make the BAT I would buy it from Matty for $150. I have no problem with that I just want a good detail tumbler and bat for my figures, I don't collect 1/6 stuff but the movie masters are my high line for me.

I wouldn't compare Mattel Movie Masters toys to anything that comes out of Japan. Mattel's stuff is horrendous. Sure you pay less, but the quality is brutal. I've said this before in another thread: Mattel's stuff is good for kids who play with them. As a collector, they are pretty terrible. Revoltech is not meant to "play" with due to the finicky joint system, but they display wonderfully. The amount of detail in such small figures is impressive. When you buy a Revoltech, it actually says "adult collector" and I think the older stuff used to say age 15 and up. Definitely not for kids.

Also, the exchange rate on the yen messes with everything. Anything imported from Japan costs so much more money these days due to that exchange rate. I preordered the camo tumbler, but I might drop it. The more I think about it, the more I realize it wouldn't really have any place in my collection. Revoltech should have at least made it to scale with their Batman figure. That's one of the problems with Revoltech - there really isn't any scale.

Yeah, I think the yen is more of a factor in the high price compared to Mattel's stuff than the quality. Not saying that's not also a part of it though, because no doubt revoltech is on another level of detail. But it is still a model kit, so at the end of the day, you're paying for an "unfinished" product, which has a final quality that varies dependent on the talent and skill of the consumer.

Even when you take Mattel Movie Masters out of the equation completely, and just compare this as a detailed model kit against other detailed pop-culture model kits of a similar or even larger scale, the price of the Revoltech is too steep. Maybe in combination with the yen issue you mentioned, the TDKR license is just really expensive.

I must have missed it but I believe this is a finished toy. Revoltech is a line of finished toys. Kaiyodo that makes Revoltech figures may have a separate model kit, but I'm sure this specific toy being released is finished. I have never seen a toy made by Kaiyodo with the Revoltech logo be unfinished and I have been buying these since the line debuted years ago. Though I could be wrong this time, as there can be a first time for everything, as I have never bought a Revoltech vehicle.

Last edited:
Two different items.

This is a model kit: https://modelkasten.com/batmobile/

They've done kits like this before of Revoltech.

This is a completed toy:
Figure-King-Revoltech-Tumblers_1358957015.jpg

Last edited:
Ah that makes sense then. I was under the impression that the model kit version was going for $65. A model kit, on that tiny scale, shouldn't cost more than $25 - $30. Of course, a completed and highly detailed toy is another story.

Not a big fan of revoltech's stuffs.

MOst of the joints on the MArk VI that I bought feels really cheap, light and were loose and fall off easily :duh

here's a video of this new rev tumbler [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-Qzyilogo[/ame]

seems like the front wheels can turn out but not in. which makes makes it rather useless unless you want it to look like the batmobile can't make up it's mind on what direction to go in. and the back wheels folding down make me think it's going to turn into an autobot.

I was so excited about these, but I got them in and found spoilers to be missing, glue marks and fingerprint marks aplenty. Good look with getting a good one.

damn I ordered mine from anime-island for cheaper then what big bad toy store is charging, hope mine isn't messed up. found another review [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pes52uhjoYM[/ame]

I was thinking about getting both of these Revoltech because for some reason to me they look cute and small! Something I would like to look at and feel all funny using one as a paper weight. Then I saw the price on BBTS and no longer feel interested. I would buy them only if somehow I can get it really cheap.

I was so excited about these, but I got them in and found spoilers to be missing, glue marks and fingerprint marks aplenty. Good look with getting a good one.

Have you heard of other people receiving their Revoltech Tumblers in the same condition? I'm curious how widespread the problem is.

Just saw this in person for the first time at TRU here in Japan. Pretty damn small.

Although looking at the small Batman figure, it almost looks like the perfect size to go in the Mattel 1/18th 1989 Batmobile. I've always wanted a Batman figure for that car, but it's such an odd scale.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the figure would be waaaay too small. I don't know. If anyone has both I'd love to see.

I bought this because I cannot afford the HT Tumbler and it has way more details than the Hot Wheels Tumbler. The stand is pretty cool as well as you can pose it in jump mode with exhaust!(Take that, HT Tumbler!). Definitely the most bang for the buck! Not a fan of the camo Tumbler, so didn't get it. It is a bit of a small scale but I like it! May be I will take some pix, too!

Just saw this in person for the first time at TRU here in Japan. Pretty damn small.

Although looking at the small Batman figure, it almost looks like the perfect size to go in the Mattel 1/18th 1989 Batmobile. I've always wanted a Batman figure for that car, but it's such an odd scale.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the figure would be waaaay too small. I don't know. If anyone has both I'd love to see.

Just curious - how would a LEGO minifig fit in the cockpit?

I ordered this but I was told I'd probably get it in June 2013.

Back