Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must admit, this gave me a bit of a tingle in my spine.

I don't have a problem with re-inserting scenes into films, so long as the original is still available.

Surely the best approach is for Lucas to do a similar thing to the Alien series? Original theatrical cut + Special Director's Cut, on the same disc.

There will not be a theatrical and Special Edition version because he doesn't want to spend the money doing a complete restoration. You can read about that here.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4996

Since I figure over half of the special edition footage could easily switch out for the theatrical version so therefore is already mastered I think he is being both cheap and trying to put the original versions to rest.
I am very surprised he hasn't edited the prequels. All three could do with serious editing by way of Jar Jar, "comedy" and "romance" removal! :gah:

That's a pretty cool scene, it seems like it might make the beginning a little bit choppy though.

I hope they include the sandstorm as one of the deleted scenes. That always sounded exciting.

I guess it was the lighting but at first I thought that was the emperor...

Ha yeah, Luke does look like the Emperor in that scene. I understand why it wasn't put in, mainly because its a little clunky as an opening scene. What i LOVE about it is that since the Cloud City battle, it suggests that Vader has been reaching out to him almost like a ghost or a crank caller who has your cell number. It hints at this inner turmoil Plus seeing Luke put the finishing touches to his lightsaber is ____ing cool:yess:

Ha yeah, Luke does look like the Emperor in that scene. I understand why it wasn't put in, mainly because its a little clunky as an opening scene. What i LOVE about it is that since the Cloud City battle, it suggests that Vader has been reaching out to him almost like a ghost or a crank caller who has your cell number. It hints at this inner turmoil Plus seeing Luke put the finishing touches to his lightsaber is ____ing cool:yess:

I would guess the resembance is deliberate to invoke the idea of Lukes later temptation to the darkside

So will this scene just be an extra? or will it be edited in? I personally would love to see this edited in. And what about the raw theater cuts? will those be remastered and included in the box set as well?

Yeah, but wasn't it in the movie because it wasn't possible to film the scene believeable?

I thought it was because they felt it was too long of a stretch of Drama/Action and they felt the audience would need a breather.

And if that was the case I'm sure Lucas wouldn't have a problem with using a little CGI to make it work. :lol

Because it wasn't really that good of a scene.. and it would have spoiled the fact that Luke hid the saber in R2 and we would have all ready known it was Luke when he walked into Jabbas palace for the first time.

Honestly..i think I can appreciate the scene much more now then I would have if it were originally left in. And for whomever commented on the Sy Snoodles enhanced musical number..i totally agree...to me this is hard to watch..i literally cringe when I see it..its like the prequels made out with Jedi and gave it a bad case of something bad.

Honestly..i think I can appreciate the scene much more now then I would have if it were originally left in. And for whomever commented on the Sy Snoodles enhanced musical number..i totally agree...to me this is hard to watch..i literally cringe when I see it..its like the prequels made out with Jedi and gave it a bad case of something bad.

One of the worst changes, and most unnecessary.

Back