Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new scene is GREAT...and very welcome. Now...is it just another "deleted scene" is is it going to be re-edited into the movie?

That new scene is GREAT...and very welcome. Now...is it just another "deleted scene" is is it going to be re-edited into the movie?

Just a deleted scene that'll be available with the Blu-Ray... not re-edited into the movie.

This is a cool scene, so obviously George won't put it back in the movie - not when he can put more digital ____ in and remove actors instead...

When I saw this, i actually started to shake and got HUGE chills. Amazing scene. Waiting for this for ages! And it was way cooler than I could have even imagined. Something about seeing footage that is NEW after 27 years.. just.. wow. blows my mind.

I also can't wait till sometime in the future when we can construct our own special editions. Choosing certain scenes we like and replacing ones we dont. Inserting deleted footage, etc.

I know it will happen one day. And it will be glorious.

Then again, if I start editing the prequels.. my version of phantom menace is gonna be.. what.. 20 minutes long?!
that's ok. I could handle that.

Last edited:
awesome....what part was that exactly? looks like they are still on Tatooine.

I would love to see all of the deleted scenes that can reasonably be put back in to the movies...being put back in to the movies.

And I bet someday George will see the money in it and do it.

When I saw this, i actually started to shake and got HUGE chills. Amazing scene. Waiting for this for ages! And it was way cooler than I could have even imagined. Something about seeing footage that is NEW after 27 years.. just.. wow. blows my mind.

I also can't wait till sometime in the future when we can construct our own special editions. Choosing certain scenes we like and replacing ones we dont. Inserting deleted footage, etc.

I know it will happen one day. And it will be glorious.

Then again, if I start editing the prequels.. my version of phantom menace is gonna be.. what.. 20 minutes long?!
that's ok. I could handle that.

the day that happens, i would be thrilled to add in my own digital actors and change some parts completely.

e.g. Qui Gon getting killed the way he did as well as the way Darth Maul died :cuckoo:

The novelisation was so MUCH better :exactly:

It is really awesome. At least we waited a long time for this. But I would really like to see the original series on Blu Ray.

that was a great scene! very very cool. but vader kinda overdid it just a tad with the calling out of luke's name: "luke... luke... luke... luuuuuke..." :lol

hmmm, it would be really awesome if there were more deleted scenes like these for the blu-ray release.

that was a great scene! very very cool. but vader kinda overdid it just a tad with the calling out of luke's name: "luke... luke... luke... luuuuuke..." :lol

hmmm, it would be really awesome if there were more deleted scenes like these for the blu-ray release.

Supposed to be many more. This was released as a teaser for what we can expect next year.

Why take stuff out??? I don't mind if any of the Star Wars films ends up being 3 hours long...we have the alternative...but I want MOAR...

Must admit, this gave me a bit of a tingle in my spine.

I don't have a problem with re-inserting scenes into films, so long as the original is still available.

Surely the best approach is for Lucas to do a similar thing to the Alien series? Original theatrical cut + Special Director's Cut, on the same disc.

Back