RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

Frigin awesome video and collection Slade!!!! I loved every second of it ........ your collection is too fun!

Wow man. Amazing, and everything looks dust free, dont know how you do it...
Don't ever move...:)

Thanks for the comments guys! As far as dust goes, I'm pretty lucky having room to keep stuff under glass, so that helps a little. I cleaned the 4 original Detolfs before adding #5 and #6 and I clean shelves when stuff gets moved, but mostly I just hit it all with compressed air. I think having flooring helps too, as opposed to carpeting,

DSC06245.jpg

Does anyone have information about the American Ninja figure? Would love to have one.

Very Nice!! Love the whole justice league collection from DCAU!!

Great collection man. Enjoyed the video tour. :rock

This a line I wish made it past the first series. I saw the Mentock proto on eBay sell for mad $$$.
DSC07129.jpg

I was dissapointed when all the great stuff that they had planed didn't get released. I had everything that they released for that line, but sold most of it. All I have left is the Toy Fair Master Shake Promo, the Diamond Retailer Summit Meatwad promo, and painted test shots of Braks parents. I'll probably end up selling them soon too. :monkey2

I was dissapointed when all the great stuff that they had planed didn't get released. I had everything that they released for that line, but sold most of it. All I have left is the Toy Fair Master Shake Promo, the Diamond Retailer Summit Meatwad promo, and painted test shots of Braks parents. I'll probably end up selling them soon too. :monkey2

I saw the prototypes of Series 2 online a few months ago. They went for something ridiculous, but man, the Mentok was cool!

I just completed my Mattel Justice League Unlimited collection recently (thanx kgrhoad), so I had to flip the space were my Marvel Legends have been standing for almost 2 years.

Here's the original set-up:
DSC06681.jpg

DSC06914.jpg

DSC06913.jpg

The Legends are fit into 2 1/2 shelves:
DSC06915-1.jpg

DSC06919-1.jpg

DSC06918.jpg

DSC06920-1.jpg

The JLU figures are horrible at standing on their own. They are mass-produced and have only 5 points of articulation and stands are usually needed for them. That's a problem for me because I'm kinda anti the use of stands. I think they take up space, which could be used to fit more figures. Stepping figures always worked for me especially when they are smaller, so I decided to do that here.
DSC06917-1.jpg

DSC06916-1.jpg

The final set-up has actually changed slightly from these pics because a few figures have already fallen over. I actually have throw pillows on the floor below the shelf. I keep them there for a few days--usually after 72 hours gravity has "set" the plastic and they will stay there until disturbed by a human hand.
DSC06979.jpg

DSC06968.jpg

DSC06978.jpg

DSC06975.jpg

DSC06967.jpg

DSC06966.jpg

DSC06971.jpg

DSC06973.jpg

This is a really great set of figures. Sure, they're not very poseable, but hey, I never thought I'd see a Vibe, Atomic Skull, or Mr. Terrific figure in the Bruce Timm style. It's pretty unbelievable that they've kept this series going so long after the show has been off the air. I'm a huge fan of all the Bruce Timm shows and Unlimited was his opus. This November they are finally packaging the entire Justice League show in one boxed set. It's definitely on my X-mas list!

DSC06974.jpg

DSC06977.jpg

Damn :google

Again, seeing it all together helps drive home the enormity of your collection :lol The JLU stuff looks great together... and I think the new set-up allows them to all be seen better than before.

A long time in the making. Glad you never gave up on it. Looks vast and awesome. So cool to see to so much Bruce Timm-inspired stuff all together like that.

Jesus man! That's an amazing collection! If I didn't have a lady around keeping me in check, I fear my house would look much the same.

And tell me that is a custom JLU Hal Jordan, and not the real deal :google

Jesus man! That's an amazing collection! If I didn't have a lady around keeping me in check, I fear my house would look much the same.

And tell me that is a custom JLU Hal Jordan, and not the real deal :google

The Hal Jordan head is a custom modeled after the Xmas giveaway and the body is from the new SDCC 3-pack--it's the only GL body they've made with the white gloves.

Great collection ! I specially love your old monsters and aliens but don't let your Tiger Mask and Kinnikuman alone like that !

How did you do the mod? Did you sculpt it, or are there existing, in-scale removable masks out there? Looks fantastic.

Back