RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

Is there anyway you can post some close up pics of your top shelves on your detolfs? Hows that Travis figure from Taxi Driver?

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06073.jpg

DSC05517.jpg

DSC06259.jpg

The Taxi Driver figure is my all time favorite figure ever. A great sculpt, excellent paint, really nice tailoring and a ton of accessories. A real home-run even by today's standards.

I kinda like that Costello. He'd look even better on a medicom body. I'm tempted to pick one up now. Wasn't too crazy about him at first. Post some pics of Hudson and Les' repaints when you get a chance.

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06073.jpg

DSC05517.jpg

DSC06259.jpg

The Taxi Driver figure is my all time favorite figure ever. A great sculpt, excellent paint, really nice tailoring and a ton of accessories. A real home-run even by today's standards.

Thanks I actually wanted to see all those figs more close up, sadly I think Travis looks way better with the glasses on.......... :horror something about those eyes look a little off, but with his glasses on he looks amazing :monkey5

Thanks I actually wanted to see all those figs more close up, sadly I think Travis looks way better with the glasses on.......... :horror something about those eyes look a little off, but with his glasses on he looks amazing :monkey5

Yeah, the eyes are definitely the weakest part of the paint. They're really big, poorly outlined, and have no depth to them--but still not bad for a figure this old.

It's been awhile since I posted some new stuff, so I pulled out the good gear yesterday to shoot all the stuff I got in the last few months.

I've been playing catch-up with a bunch of now defunct lines like South Park and Family Guy. I picked up the talking Towelie figure and it has become a hit at my house. Everyone want to know "How spicy would you like your chang sauce?"

DSC07123.jpg

The Performance Artist has become one of my favorite characters on Family Guy! NO WAAAY!
DSC07124.jpg

This a line I wish made it past the first series. I saw the Mentock proto on eBay sell for mad $$$.
DSC07129.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the knock-off Joes and this is a set that I've wanted for awhile. The Bronze Bombers where re-cast Joe bodies and all African-American characters. I have the originals too, but this early 90's set is mint and complete. I'll take some shots of the backside too. The filecards are pretty hilarious.
DSC07130.jpg
DSC07133.jpg

I scored an excellent Gonzo poser to go along with Kermit. These things are really cool--wish they had done the Fozzie.
DSC07122.jpg

I hit the flea market recently and bought a large container of old Fisher-Price stuff and made a killing on eBay with it. This was in the box and I had the other two guys in the set, so I kept her. They're from a TV News Team Fisher-Price Adventure People set.
DSC07134.jpg

On the 1/6th side, first is the craptastic Hannibal Lecter from Medicom. 61 bucks on sale and he's definitely getting repainted.
DSC07128.jpg

I finally got around to caving on the Sideshow Jabba and throne set. Sorry bout the crappy shot, he's coming off the curio to sit atop 3 new Detolfs when IKEA Tampa opens in 2 weeks. Thanx for the Boussh Joe!
DSC07120.jpg

The Bib Exclusive--I'm an 80's baby, so I had to have the staff!
DSC07121.jpg

Next is the SS Snake-Eyes. Great figure--horrible body. I hate the Pro. I have a wonky Indy and a slightly wonky Snake-Eyes and I have little faith it will be fixed or scrapped, so I'll probably be shooting a wonky Cobra Commander soon.
DSC07114.jpg

I like how the old Joe colorforms set comes through in this one.
DSC07116.jpg

Sovereign Studios Crow. I had a friend trim the hair a little, but otherwise this thing is really badass. The hair is done well and lays nicely and the clothes are outstanding--tailoring is top notch. I'm only a causal fan of the first movie (and the others are pretty lame too), but I wanted someone standing with Bruce Lee and we're not gonna ever see "Showdown In Little Tokyo" figures.
DSC07117.jpg

DSC07118.jpg

DSC07119.jpg

Longbow "Saving Private Ryan" Hanks sculpt and kitbash. Paint by Les Walker.
DSC07125.jpg

DSC07126.jpg

Ada Chang's "Aliens" Bishop sculpt. Paint by Les Walker.
DSC07107.jpg

Rebirth's Sloth from "The Goonies". Paint by Les Walker.
DSC07111.jpg

DSC07110.jpg

That Sloth turned out awesome. And Paxton looks great with the rest of the marines. I feel privileged to have a piece of work in there.

My goodness you have an amazing collection! I love the new custom stuff too, very nice. Sloth :rock is it 100% custom?

My goodness you have an amazing collection! I love the new custom stuff too, very nice. Sloth :rock is it 100% custom?

No, he was made as a one-shot by a company called Rebirth. When I got him, he had come undone in the box and slide around resulting in horrible paint rub on his nose. I sent him to Les to give him the Figuremaster treatment. He did a bang-up job!
DSC06508.jpg
DSC07111.jpg

Yeah, and even w/o the rubs its probably still better you were able to get him repainted. Figure looks 200% better :rock

Yeah, and even w/o the rubs its probably still better you were able to get him repainted. Figure looks 200% better :rock

Looks like they actually painted the gums white in the original.

:lol AWESOME! Great song too. :rock

It's so damn cool having added to that sick ass collection...

Last edited:

Super Powers, He-Man, Capt. Power, SilverHawks,Transformers,GI Joe..you got it all..Awesome collection..looks neverending.

Check out my video of the collection I did for CNN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3hgLRAMl0

Bro, there is just too much awesomeness for one room... I'm surprised your house hasn't imploded from the shear magnitude of you collection:lol

Its funny though, as many times as I've seen pictures of the collection... the video just drills home how over-the-top it really is. But still, displayed well and looks killer :rock

I hand my pinball crown to you...

That video brings a tear to my eye, there is far too awesomeness in there.

All the 80's stuff :monkey2

Slade, your collection is second to none! It brings a smile to face :)

I'm not sure why I havent visited this thread more often.

I feel ashamed :eek:

*subscribed to thread*

Back