RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

How did you do the mod? Did you sculpt it, or are there existing, in-scale removable masks out there? Looks fantastic.

GL came in a loose collection I bought here from a board member. I missed out on all the late 2007 figures b/c of Mattel's poor distribution--especially here in Florida even though I have FIVE Targets within a 1.5 hour loop! So I needed to fill in gaps like Volcana, Deadshot, Crimson Fox, Silver Banshee, etc and Hal was just a sweet addition.

I've seen the custom versions on eBay before, but now with the SDCC pack you have heads that are removable, so all you need is a Hal head. Most of the ones I've seen have been based on the look of the X-mas employee giveaway and it just pops right on the SDCC body.

Slade I read somewhere that you not African American
1) Is this true?
2) If so, are you sure your not Black?

Thanks,

Chris (Your ^^^^^ and love slave)
PS-Fight the power

Wicked collection!!

Slade I read somewhere that you not African American
1) Is this true?
2) If so, are you sure your not Black?

Thanks,

Chris (Your ^^^^^ and love slave)
PS-Fight the power

Wicked collection!!

1) I'm black where it counts.
2) The only sure things in life are death and taxes.

So...I'm moving. New house means new Love Palace, but, man, packing effin' sux--especially when you have 1300+ figures to box up!

Here are some parting shots. At least the new Love Palace will be larger, but it will be awhile before it looks as good as this one did.

Matt DAMON and Elvis' Mills custom:
DSC06984.jpg

Boxes, boxes, boxes.
DSC07007.jpg

Power to the people.
DSC06982.jpg

Shaggy knows how to relax.
DSC07006.jpg

Great Pic's, So someone finally turned you in for being a Hoarder :D, Congrats on the New Place

Having seen the Love Palace in person last week I can honestly say that it is one of the most insane collections on earth!

Pictures and video still don't do justice to being literally surrounded by pop-culture goodness! Glad I was able to see it before the packing began, and hopefully the new palace will be in full swing by the time I visit next :duff

Awesome collection! I didn't see the original Karate Kid figures, would go great in the collection.

He has 'em... can't remember where they are in the collection. But I remember seeing them when I visited.

I wonder what the set up looks like now. After trawling through 29 pages of posts I really need some closure:D

New Love Palace preview pics! Shoot me some opinions--I think this will be the most amazing set-up I've ever had!

Picture the large glass curio btw the Detolfs. I plan to do darkening panels on both windows. The higher ceiling is really nice. I always wanted to display the SS Universal boxes and with this height I should be able to do it.
DSC07008.jpg

Those are old drawers from an Ikea dresser on the Detolfs that the previous tenant was throwing away. They are super sturdy and hold 1/6 nicely. I think the Outer Limits and PotA stuff will go in them--freeing up the large Lack shelf and then they'll be a slight chronological set-up from top to bottom.
DSC07010.jpg

DSC07012.jpg

The Lack shelf on the left was the shelf displaying my SS Universal Monsters and assorted 60's sci-fi, but I think I'd like to put those back on the Detolfs and free that up, mirror it with another one over the door in the opposite corner.
DSC07013.jpg

Boxes of wonderfulness.
DSC07014.jpg

My desk--I haven't figured out what to hang over it, but I have some ideas.
DSC07017.jpg

Tigger Woods and Jabba!
DSC07018.jpg

More pics to come...

Nice configuration so far! Love the pic with the Ninja shelf... That's almost too much Ninja power for one shelf to contain!

Looking good! You have some cleaning up to do, boxes stacked all the way to the ceiling.. jeezz :lol
I'm heading over to Ikea tomorrow to pick up a Detolf myself, ran out of room again.

Easily the sexiest collection on the board. Cant wait to see the new love palace.

Have fun! :lol That looks like alot of work. I like this room better than the last though, the colour of the walls along with the hardwood floors should add a neat touch.

Now get to work! :D

Tiger Woods looks worried. Maybe it's Jabba or the boxes stacked to the ceiling about to fall while your taking the photo.

Nice update. Look forward to the finished config.

Its gonna be a great looking room man; taller ceilings will definitely give you more space to work. I have a feeling w/in a year every inch of that room will be covered in plastic goodness :lol

Be sure to give Tigger a pet for us.

Its gonna be a great looking room man; taller ceilings will definitely give you more space to work. I have a feeling w/in a year every inch of that room will be covered in plastic goodness :lol

Be sure to give Tigger a pet for us.

She thanks you for the Tribbles.

Back