Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She seemed to remember the exact way she originally delivered the dialogue. And in other videos she was able to quote the exact lines without any assistance. Imagine testing Harrison Ford or even Hamill on their own stuff, they wouldn't have a clue.

:exactly: :exactly:

Underneath all the cocaine, LSD and mental illness she simply was a comedic genius.

What a shame about her heavy duty Hollywood lifestyle.

Last edited:
Carrie always said that Star Wars gave her everything, and took everything from her.

She was a key part of the Original Trilogy, greatly contributing to its feel and vibe, of its charisma, and of creating a cinematic icon.

Rest in peace Carrie, and thank you.

24b2c2f2a7fb0fe25b401bf262e6b6d3.jpg

65b9167d1141fdba9e31b7b7b90e649e.jpg

0889f367b0cac3dd8527bb0d173da22d.jpg

C0eKyvnVEAQLqD9.jpg

30fd7f42188daf6b054dd3be9fe966d6.jpg

9728883614761a56060ac58e64d62f8e.jpg

602d3df20ed09c1ea3ccbf195ea7c989.jpg

There hadn't been an actress who portrayed a character so beloved since Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale. Fame did the same thing to both of them, but Fisher fought until she rose above the self-destruction, whereas Garland was crushed by it. The vampires in Hollywood seem to have a taste for the truly precious (look what they did to Monroe), but little remorse when their victims expire. It's a spectacle of pure heroism that she was able to become something so much better than them. She wore her scars like medals and even though it meant her early demise, she still found her way in the end. No one will touch her personal and professional achievements for decades, if ever.

Love you Carrie. Wish I could have let you know. Rest in peace and to hell with anyone whoever dared look down their nose at your life. When all was said and done, it was no one else's because you took it back, and there is no finer epitaph.

e3bbb95512cf33cf2a0c1842d529f915.jpg

Last edited:
God what a ****ing year.
;(

Yea, and I don't think anyone has mentioned Glenn Frey yet. Or Lemmy. But let's be real: the stars we grew up with are getting older, and these sorts of announcements are going to cascade eventually. 60 is still very young, though. Was hoping to see her make it through this new trilogy.

Thanks for posting, I watched the show in its entirety. She fought her demons, and eventually made peace, was able to make fun of herself.

To the point her death had more of an effect than I would have expected. What ever is on the other side may she find peace.

I met her a few years ago as well, class act and quick wit. She made a fun jab at how unusual my first name Lin was. I told her after three boys my parents were really hoping the fourth would be a girl. She thought that was funny and was taken back a bit when I told her I was a fan of her movies like The Burbs, Man with zone Red shoe and Blues Brothers. She said " Man with One Red Shoe!, you actually saw that?" She was funny and very nice and we got to see a little sliver of the person behind the icon.

Now TMZ is reporting that Debbie Reynolds is being rushed to the hospital with a possible stroke. I was afraid something like this might happen.

Yea, and I don't think anyone has mentioned Glenn Frey yet. Or Lemmy. But let's be real: the stars we grew up with are getting older, and these sorts of announcements are going to cascade eventually. 60 is still very young, though. Was hoping to see her make it through this new trilogy.

Yeah, we still got all the action film guys. Arnie, Stallone, Willis. I think most of them are like health freaks so will hopefully be with us for many years. Look at Kirk Douglass 100 and still going.

Not that it really matters but Lemmy died in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen at 1:50

Man, that was "my" Carrie. 1983. I turned 9 that year, my eyes were opened and I crushed hard. I even imagined her somehow waiting until I came of age. How I hated Paul Simon.

I was lucky enough to run into her as she crossed the floor at CVI. We exchanged very brief words but she still called me "honey." That was my Andy Lincoln/Love Actually moment and it will always be enough.

Back