Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don't think so only because they are supposedly changing around gameplay and taking the story in a different direction with the next Resident Evil that I could see them letting sleeping horses lie. Wesker had a full circle story that I think he is done.

You may be right and personally as great a character as Wesker is/was, I'm fine if with that. If they do bring him back though, I just hope it's not in RE6. Too soon.

Still, I remember reading somewhere where one of the game creators said Wesker could still play some role in RE6.

Yea, I think that when his head got knocked off, he was done. I really liked him as a villain too :monkey2....The only thing I'm worried about, is how are they possibly going to
re-imagine the series better than it already is/was.

If my understanding of this file is correct, then the "wesker children" didnt actually have any sortv'e virus in them until they had it given to them by friends colleagues etc. So my belief is that it is still some variation of the progenitor virus. all the info regarding progenitor In RE5 and the program revolving around the wesker children project revealed in Resident Evil 5 points to Wesker being infected with Progenitor.

The file on Albert Wesker found in RE5
https://projectumbrella.net/articles/No-12-Albert-Wesker

as for a possible villain in the next few games, it looks like They are building up the Alex Wesker character. this file

https://projectumbrella.net/articles/Spencers-Memoirs-4

points in a pretty cool direction. This guy basically got away with a stockpile of whatever this virus was and a boatload of test subjects. Sounds like a pretty cool set up, plus the main villain could still be named Wesker:naughty

*runs away*

Considering Wesker 'died' in RE1, I wouldn't say it is all that unlikely he could come back. Sure he head got blown off, but he already had healing abilities. Plus I'm sure they could say the Urorborus (sp) might have kept him alive too. I mean he was standing in a volcano and wasn't dying from it. What are a few rockets compaired to a volcano? :lol

I think showing Wesker off at the very end of a RE6 would be the way to go. So he isn't a boss or anything, but just to know he is still around and up to no good. Perhaps even the puppet master of the events in RE6. :dunno

I guess I just like Wesker too much for him to be truely dead. :lol

I have a feeling Wesker will be back again someday. The directors (Jun Takeuchi) of the game said "oh no he's dead, he wont be coming back" but ya know...they wont always have the same director. So who knows. He's technically "died" three times in the game series already, who's to say he cant come back again.

the first time in the mansion, the second time when Jill tackled him out the window (Chris thought he was dead, obviously we knew) and the third, the Final scene of RE5.

Ugh. I hope they keep him dead. It will just get very annoying and dumb.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a cool character. But he's done his part. Let him burn.

Move on... :cool:

Yeah, I think it should be seen as a challenge for the developers that they try and come up with a character every bit as villianous and charismatic as Wesker.

Providing they don't attempt to tie their backstory all the way back to 1968.

Not to mention cheapen RE5. Like I said I'm as big a Wesker fan as anyone but I won't be hurt if they don't bring him back. If they do bring him back though, I hope it's not in RE6. They should wait a few games imo.

Like I said, I think Sherry should make another appearence. Last I heard, she was in Wesker's custody according to the original Wesker Report.

Or it would be cool to redo RE1 and you get to play as Wesker or do a game where you get to be Wesker but it is in the original RE world.

Not to mention cheapen RE5. Like I said I'm as big a Wesker fan as anyone but I won't be hurt if they don't bring him back. If they do bring him back though, I hope it's not in RE6. They should wait a few games imo.

Like I said, I think Sherry should make another appearence. Last I heard, she was in Wesker's custody according to the original Wesker Report.

every now and then i have a thought that Sherry Brainwashed with Weskers ideals would be a pretty cool and unexpected villain idea. Sherry never really had great parents, and Wesker being manipulative as he is could get the job done and be an interesting father figure. Plus it could open up an intriguing dynamic between her and Claire if they choose to include her in a later game

i dunno...just a thought.

every now and then i have a thought that Sherry Brainwashed with Weskers ideals would be a pretty cool and unexpected villain idea. Sherry never really had great parents, and Wesker being manipulative as he is could get the job done and be an interesting father figure. Plus it could open up an intriguing dynamic between her and Claire if they choose to include her in a later game

i dunno...just a thought.

My thoughts exactly!

Capcom have already said Wesker is done and dusted.

They arent making another game past 5, they also said that they want to reboot the series.

Capcom have already said Wesker is done and dusted.

They arent making another game past 5, they also said that they want to reboot the series.

actually what they said was they wanted to reinvent the series along the lines of the change from earlier RE games to the RE4 style. They're going to change up the game play, not start the series from scratch

actually what they said was they wanted to reinvent the series along the lines of the change from earlier RE games to the RE4 style. They're going to change up the game play, not start the series from scratch

This is what I heard and how I interpreted it as well. They will continue the series but they will be reinventing the game.

I for one hope they don't reboot the series for a good long while, RE is one of those few games that haven't had the need, really, for a "re-imagining or reboot" I think its neat to say "hey we've almost had two decades of story going" (currently RE is approx 14 yrs old). Much like Metal gear Solid, its been one continuous story since the first Metal Gear. Unlike final fantasy games or heck even Legend of zelda games (which i love, not bashing them) where the story is either constantly different or re-imagined with other characters, and stand alone as games (not always a bad thing).

i like that RE hasnt had that yet. I think they have plenty of stories to tell in the current established universe, and i hope they do so.

does this make sense? cause i feel like it doesnt :duh

Back