Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read a review in the GamesTM magazine.

3 out of 10. Terrible Ai, terrible graphics and full of glitches is what they say. And its boring apparently. Point A to Point B and just kill things.

Link? Kind of fishy to me because the graphics look fine in the gameplay videos. The AI could be a problem, but I think can be fixed with a couple patches. What games outside of RPGs aren't A to B inspired??

Also, today is the day.

Last edited:
Ouch. :lol Looks like this might be an easy pass now. I will say though that there are some other sketchy reviews in there.

Check out the latest review scores from the latest issue of Game TM. The publication has reviewed Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, SSX, Mass Effect 3, Journey and many more.

Mass Effect 3 [9]
Street Fighter X Tekken [8]
Asura’s Wrath [7]
Unit 13 [5]
Gotham City Imposters [7]
SSX [5]
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City [3]
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare [5]
Lumines Vita [8]
Tekken 3D [6]
Warp [8]
Syndicate [8]
Binary Domain [7]
Escape Plan [6]
Journey [9]

Link? Kind of fishy to me because the graphics look fine in the gameplay videos. The AI could be a problem, but I think can be fixed with a couple patches. What games outside of RPGs aren't A to B inspired??

Also, today is the day.

No link, but if you goto Morrisons or your local supermarket, you can read it XD

Thats the issue though

;https://www.gamestm.co.uk/offer/latestissue.html

Oh here you go;

https://n4g.com/news/961587/game-tm...t-evil-operation-raccoon-city-got-a-bad-score

Ouch. :lol Looks like this might be an easy pass now. I will say though that there are some other sketchy reviews in there.

Yeah I'm still remaining optimistic though. This is a first outing so I didn't expect it to be 100% perfect, or at least comparable to Gears/CoD or any other major online player. As long as it's playable and somewhere along the lines of Left 4 Dead I'll be happy. More R.E. universe is always welcome to me...especially if we get team-based zombie killing.

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Yeah I had a feeling to ign review will prob be out sometime today im expecting every gaming site to give it horrible reviews cant see spending 60 on a game when it is going to suck especially in this econmy.

It's dissapointing, but I'm still excited for it, so I'll be picking it up.

I could see mutiplayer being fun as hell to play still so far i have still kept my order still trying to decide if I want it or not lol

It's dissapointing, but I'm still excited for it, so I'll be picking it up.

:lecture YMMV though. Just for comparisons sake I'll use Left 4 Dead...the graphics weren't anything remarkable, but the gameplay and interaction with other players is what made it successful. Hopefully Raccoon City delivers on this part. If they can, or at least patch it to an acceptable level then I believe it'll survive in the community.

what killed this game was the people that made it slant 6 they did socom confrontation for ps3 which i had and it blew royaly. It had a lot of bugs same thing im hearing with racoon city.

As long its not overly buggy, I'll probably still find something to enjoy in it. I just finished Fallout : New Vegas, which people bashed on for being buggy and such, but found it to be incredibly fun and kept me interested to the end. Considering I also play a alot of FPSs with many an idiot, I doubt stupid AI, friend or foe, will bother me much.

Meh... I'm still going to pick it up. I've been wanting something new to play online with friends. It'll be mindless fun. Plus, I can see this game having more DLC extras.

:lecture YMMV though. Just for comparisons sake I'll use Left 4 Dead...the graphics weren't anything remarkable, but the gameplay and interaction with other players is what made it successful. Hopefully Raccoon City delivers on this part. If they can, or at least patch it to an acceptable level then I believe it'll survive in the community.

Yeah L4D is one of my favorite games.

This game looks fun as hell, the graphics look good to me. I know I'll be able to find enough to like about the game, so I'm not terribly worried.

I don't know what YMMV means :lol

Lol...I was schooled on the internet/text message acronyms by some of my clients that have children so now I'm guilty of using the language.
"Your Mileage May Vary."

I'm not worried about reviews. I think most places gave Survivor and Dead Aim mostly negative reviews if I recall and I love those ones. I'm still pumped for this!

Sod reviews really.

I just want a proper resident evil game, in Raccoon City, killing zombies and the story of Nicholai, HUNK and the USS.

I dont care about super functional award winning gameplay. I dont care about oscar-worthy voice acting or ground breaking Uncharted Graphics.

Give me a true Resi game, thats set in the environment it used to be in, none of the crap from RE4 or RE5. Give me BOW's, not ____ty Plagas or uroboro. I just want to have a similar experience to the true resident evil games I hold dear.

No rapage from RE4 and RE5. hell, as much as they cut out and simplified, Darkside/Umbrella chronicles were better resi games than 4 and 5 I dare say.

Back