Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0671.jpeg

View attachment 653221

Claire is dope! Not my favorite figure to handle but nothing I wasn’t expecting. I think she looks pretty good!

Id like to do a body swap and hopefully one day a better jacket will come out. But fairly happy for now.

Ended up with some flaking on the shoulder of her jacket though, asked my retailer if he could get a replacement but if not I’m not gonna worry about it.
Im Pretty shocked the jacket is already flaking. I thought it was real leather? That seems ludicrous.

Im Pretty shocked the jacket is already flaking. I thought it was real leather? That seems ludicrous.

If you check the Claire thread its pretty common unfortunately, Im not sure what the hell they used on this jacket but it has all the flaws of BOTH pleather and leather lol.

If you check the Claire thread its pretty common unfortunately, Im not sure what the hell they used on this jacket but it has all the flaws of BOTH pleather and leather lol.
That sucksss…. You’d be better off with a pleather jacket. Pleather is a lot thinner so the tailoring would be way better than what we got.

Wow, that actually looks very good for 1/12. Still more expression shown than the licensed figs…

That sucksss…. You’d be better off with a pleather jacket. Pleather is a lot thinner so the tailoring would be way better than what we got.
Full synthetic pleather is much more durable than leather+pleather as the leather flakes dont stick as well full synthetic materials designed to stick.

Full synthetic pleather is much more durable than leather+pleather as the leather flakes dont stick as well full synthetic materials designed to stick.
There are tricks to preserving pleather too like keeping your humidity in check and spraying it with protectant every month. This isn’t ideal ofcourse. But as you said the pleather+leather is worse and peels too. Looks stiff and thick, hard to tailor properly.

The Damtoys jacket from the gangster kingdom spades figure that I used for my custom Leon looks exactly like a leather jacket. But it’s not pleather. Just like a rough textured fabric or something. Wish they’d just use that instead of pleather for all figures.

Last edited:
Back