Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are.
I won’t get my hopes up then. Maybe il pick up a few parts… the only thing good about the Chris was the pistol unfortunately. Hopefully someone else will give RE4 Leon a shot. Really wish lim was making this in 1/6 because when their 1/12 figure releases it will make everything else look even worse.

Sorry for the negative post

I won’t get my hopes up then. Maybe il pick up a few parts… the only thing good about the Chris was the pistol unfortunately. Hopefully someone else will give RE4 Leon a shot. Really wish lim was making this in 1/6 because when their 1/12 figure releases it will make everything else look even worse.

Sorry for the negative post
Well, I'm also on your side, i'll do everything for a Limtoys version .... Not a negative post in my eyes at all. I wish someone does Leon justice.. Curious to see how both turn out, Damtoys or MT. I really wish for a good body cause price is gonna be really high I imagine for damtoys, lets hope they make the best out of it.

In my experience, Master Team can be a total hit or miss, but their sculpts are generally pretty good compared to other offerings.
Hopefully Damtoys reveals the new Leon sooner than later so we can compare the protos before too many orders are made…

Had an expensive set wasting away on a disintegrating Phicen body so I decided to combine it with Claire for an interesting crossover.
20230411_075448.jpg

Really hoping there's a non-seamless body alternative for the Damtoys Ada. Not very fond of the seamless body trend nowadays.

Attachments

• 20230411_074811.jpg
    20230411_074811.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230411_080148.jpg
    20230411_080148.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Had an expensive set wasting away on a disintegrating Phicen body so I decided to combine it with Claire for an interesting crossover.
View attachment 633259
Really hoping there's a non-seamless body alternative for the Damtoys Ada. Not very fond of the seamless body trend nowadays.
That's why I am waiting for someone to do a RE 4 Ada, less skin exposed to less worry of seamless body.

Does anyone know if you can put the damtoys leon boots on the ekuaz grim reaper? Not really a fan of the material boots he has

Thanks!

View attachment 633259
Hello
Does this body is the DAMTOYS Claire one ?

If so, do you know if the skin tone of this body will match the color of the MTTOYS RE3 Jill heads ?
And if not, is this body made of hard plastic, even on the torso ? Because I can still repaint it to match the MTTOYS heads (but not if there is rubber...)

Thank you

Experimented with a few spare Claire bodies. Not a fan of seamless bodies due to skin tearing and them being dust magnets. I thought the new Claire body had lots of potential being quite articulated without looking too "jointy."

To start, the neck is too long meaning you'll have to cut the neck and dremel any sculpt you plan on using for it to sit properly. Secondly, the skin tone is odd, very odd. Out of the 20+ Head sculpts I own, only 2 were a close match with it. Practically any head sculpt that matches the TBLeague Suntan or Pale skin tone is going to look awful on it. Also, most sculpts made for TBLeague will look too small on this body.

Here's some kitbashed Jill's I created using a modified Super Duck Head Sculpt
View attachment 631993
View attachment 631995
The only other head sculpt that matched the skin tone was a Gactoys Taylor Swift XD
View attachment 631997

Pros: Good Articulation, Good Customizability, Solid Weight, and fills out outfits better. A much more cosmetic alternative to most non-seamless 1/6 bodies.

Cons: Somewhat pricy, Odd skin tone, Neck modding required, and minimally compatible head sculpts.
Ok I found somewhat of an answer in this post.
But there are things I'm not sure to understand.

" Practically any head sculpt that matches the TBLeague Suntan or Pale skin tone is going to look awful on it."

Huh...are the MTTOYS Jill heads considered to be made for TBLeague bodies skin tones ?

"Also, most sculpts made for TBLeague will look too small on this body."

This I don't understand. TBLeague bodies are usually tall. Taller than any Hot Toys body. Does that mean this Claire body is even taller ? For a character like Claire who is basically a teenager ? Is it a 1/5 figure or what ?

Ok I found somewhat of an answer in this post.
But there are things I'm not sure to understand.

" Practically any head sculpt that matches the TBLeague Suntan or Pale skin tone is going to look awful on it."

Huh...are the MTTOYS Jill heads considered to be made for TBLeague bodies skin tones ?

"Also, most sculpts made for TBLeague will look too small on this body."

This I don't understand. TBLeague bodies are usually tall. Taller than any Hot Toys body. Does that mean this Claire body is even taller ? For a character like Claire who is basically a teenager ? Is it a 1/5 figure or what ?
Yes. TBLeague Suntan is Wheat colored with a somewhat gray tint. This is what the MTTOYS Jill sculpt was made to match.

The Claire body isn't much taller than TBLeagues, but it's proportions differ significantly. The MTTOYS Jill looks fine on an S42/S47 (Tallest TBLeague bodies) but on the Claire body it looks small despite both bodies being a similar height.

Even after sanding the neck down, it still looks too long, making the head appear smaller.

20230412_072939.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. TBLeague Suntan is Wheat colored with a somewhat gray tint. This is what the MTTOYS Jill sculpt was made to match.

The Claire body isn't much taller than TBLeagues, but it's proportions differ significantly. The MTTOYS Jill looks fine on an S42/S47 (Tallest TBLeague bodies) but on the Claire body it looks small despite both bodies being a similar height.

Even after sanding the neck down, it still looks too long, making the head appear smaller. And the skin tone mismatch is much worse in broad daylight (Still dark here, I'll update photos after the sun comes out)

View attachment 633381
Thank you for your answer.
I'm not really shocked by the size of the head on your photo (the neck is too long though. But maybe it's possible to dremel more into the head ?)

Does this body made of hard plastic ? It seems (on videos I watched) that there is very little movement in the neck area, as if the body was hard plastic in the torso/neck (unike Hot Toys bodies)
For me, that would mean it's possible to repaint the body to find the right skin tone.
I already did somethng like that with a Hot Toys Harley Quinn body in hard plastic (the MMS566 one) to create an ebony body (nobody does black people bodies...so I had to find hard plastic bodies to paint them)

Thank you for your answer.
I'm not really shocked by the size of the head on your photo (the neck is too long though. But maybe it's possible to dremel more into the head ?)

Does this body made of hard plastic ? It seems (on videos I watched) that there is very little movement in the neck area, as if the body was hard plastic in the torso/neck (unike Hot Toys bodies)
For me, that would mean it's possible to repaint the body to find the right skin tone.
I already did somethng like that with a Hot Toys Harley Quinn body in hard plastic (the MMS566 one) to create an ebony body (nobody does black people bodies...so I had to find hard plastic bodies to paint them)
20230412_073427.jpg

Interesting. Regarding your question on whether you could dremel it Claire has a diameter of 1.6cm to safely clear the neck whereas the Jill only has a diameter of 1.2cm. If you were to dremel the MTTOYS head for the neck to fit you'd risk chipping away at the hair and whatnot as there doesn't seem to be much real estate to work with. Plus that set is worth quite a bit now.

Next question, it has hard limbs, but a slightly softer Neck through Pelvis region for neck and ab articulation. If you wanted to get a razor blade and slice away at the neck it wouldn't be much of a problem. Just don't cut too much, as the ball joint sits quite high and can't be adjusted.
20230412_074531.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Interesting.
Thank you.
Hum...I guess it would be less of a pain to just use a tbleague body for Jill^^
I'm still afraid of deterioration with these bodies...

Ok. Interesting.
Thank you.
Hum...I guess it would be less of a pain to just use a tbleague body for Jill^^
I'm still afraid of deterioration with these bodies...
No problem. And I'd recommend getting the body and just waiting till the SDH043 comes out. Looks to be on par with the skin tone of the Claire body if you want a non-deteriorating Jill. Super Duck heads also have more room in the sculpt for potential dremeling

Attachments

• 0394.jpg
    0394.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 0
No problem. And I'd recommend getting the body and just waiting till the SDH043 comes out. Looks to be on par with the skin tone of the Claire body if you want a non-deteriorating Jill. Super Duck heads also have more room in the sculpt for potential dremeling
Thanks
Yeah but there is also the neck diameter problem you mentionned. Is the SDH043 going to be similar to the Claire head to fit on the neck ?
And I actually like the angry head of MTTOYS and nobody else did this.

Oh I have another question. What is the best option available for an Ada figure ?
I'm not a huge fan of her new asian look (I don't hate it either. It's just I have a nostalgic preference for her look in RE4 original)

I was maybe thinking about using a figure of her new look but with another head.
Or maybe her old RE2 look like the Hot Heart version.
What are the best bodies/heads to do that ?

Sorry if it has already been mentionned but there is a lot to read here^^

Thanks
Yeah but there is also the neck diameter problem you mentionned. Is the SDH043 going to be similar to the Claire head to fit on the neck ?
And I actually like the angry head of MTTOYS and nobody else did this.

Oh I have another question. What is the best option available for an Ada figure ?
I'm not a huge fan of her new asian look (I don't hate it either. It's just I have a nostalgic preference for her look in RE4 original)

I was maybe thinking about using a figure of her new look but with another head.
Or maybe her old RE2 look like the Hot Heart version.
What are the best bodies/heads to do that ?

Sorry if it has already been mentionned but there is a lot to read here^^
Likely won't fit like Claire's head, but the current Jill sculpt I'm using is a Super Duck sculpt: SDH025B with custom Haircut. As long as the neck is trimmed on the body and the socket in the head is dremeled slightly deeper, it'll fit.

Regarding Ada, most recent accessories for her are made for TBLeague, based off of her RE2 appearance. Unfortunately I've had no success making a custom Ada in the past so I just bought the Hot Toys RE4 one. Unfortunately the sculpt from that one isn't compatible on this body at all.

Likely won't fit like Claire's head, but the current Jill sculpt I'm using is a Super Duck sculpt: SDH025B with custom Haircut. As long as the neck is trimmed on the body and the socket in the head is dremeled slightly deeper, it'll fit.

Regarding Ada, most recent accessories for her are made for TBLeague, based off of her RE2 appearance. Unfortunately I've had no success making a custom Ada in the past so I just bought the Hot Toys RE4 one. Unfortunately the sculpt from that one isn't compatible on this body at all.
Yeah I know nothing is compatible with old Hot Toys figures except for...Hot Toys bodies. Their skin tone was very dark.

Thanks for your help anyway.
I will have to look if the MTTOYS Jill head is compatible with the proportions of a Hot Toys Harley Quinn body (the MMS566 one). I know I can repaint this body and the neck is not too long. It is just very expensive to buy Hot Toys bodies...

Back