Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also happy to hear WtRC has come to digital. I can finally re-hate watch it with my friend lol.
I have the entire Alice collection for that sole purpose. But I think WtRC might possibly be worse...
Well according to the director Johannes it was a very faithful adaptation of the games since he loves the games and played them. This movie says otherwise besides the overly used references and Easter eggs that’s all this movie has to offer because who ever wrote WtRC butchered the lore and characters from the games. You might as well watch those top ten RE videos on YouTube.
I can't help but wonder if maybe he just sort of recollected the story from memory?
I mean, if I had written a script without any research based off a game I played over 20 years ago, I'd probably make an RE film that nobody would wanna see either. Plus it would explain a lot as to why it turned out the way it did. :unsure:

I have the entire Alice collection for that sole purpose. But I think WtRC might possibly be worse...

I can't help but wonder if maybe he just sort of recollected the story from memory?
I mean, if I had written a script without any research based off a game I played over 20 years ago, I'd probably make an RE film that nobody would wanna see either. Plus it would explain a lot as to why it turned out the way it did. :unsure:
It doesn't explain the "itchy tasty" reference, or why there';s some things that are inexplicably perfect, like the one scene where Chris wears his leather jacket outfit, or the pretty great set design. It reads liek somebody watched a bunch of youtube videos to get up to speed and then put everything in haphazardly thinking fans wouldn't notice.

Rewatched RE'02 last night with a friend; today we're watching WtRC for comparison. We were laughing all the way through, so it's still enjoyable in that sense. The script is pretty bad.

Matt: "They're running experiments."
Alice: "What kind of experiments?"
Matt: "The illegal kind."
Very descriptive there, Matt.

There's also a lot of fake science (I mean, more so than the games), like blood coagulating after you're dead, or finger nails and hair still growing after death.

That Milla tho... Her undercut at the end of the movie. 👌🥰

@faker The odd and specific references in WtRC might be remnants left over from an old draft. There were 2 other writers onboard before the director took control over the script. Maybe the previous writers actually knew a thing or 2 about the games. It's also possible Capcom intervened and provided suggestions.

Just watch it too....
Everyone who watched Anderson's RE will prefer Anderson's Movie than this movie, Anyone who like horror movie who doesnt know RE will get bored with slow pace and will not like the movie... Any Fans of the games is frustated and doesnt really like the movie... soooooo WTH did exactly a contract between capcom and constantine film said, so that capcom really let this movie a go... :cry: :cry:

Faithful my ass... poor sherry, Leon, Wesker, Jill, Lisa, Bravo Team, Annette, Lickers and Where the Fxxx is Barry... hahhaa

Just watch it too....
Everyone who watched Anderson's RE will prefer Anderson's Movie than this movie, Anyone who like horror movie who doesnt know RE will get bored with slow pace and will not like the movie... Any Fans of the games is frustated and doesnt really like the movie... soooooo WTH did exactly a contract between capcom and constantine film said, so that capcom really let this movie a go... :cry: :cry:

Faithful my ass... poor sherry, Leon, Wesker, Jill, Lisa, Bravo Team, Annette, Lickers and Where the Fxxx is Barry... hahhaa
I for one am glad Barry and Rebecca were spared this nonsense, Barry was actually in character in Anderson's movie even if he did die and was inexplicably in his STARS outfit

Just finished rewatching WtRC with my friend. I kind of hate it more now. You know a movie's done a poor job establishing its characters when you feel more sympathy for the cow that gets caught up in the blast at the end than Sherry. "I wouldn't have shot you, kid." Yes, you would have, Albert because you're Albert frigging Wesker. :rolleyes: Goddamn! Who is this pathetic, insecure wimp pretending to be my man?

A7E452E8-C7EA-4C5D-917C-A7C97868A61C.jpeg
AB7AEF44-519F-4A33-92E7-E617494249B3.jpeg
A9575BAB-8C66-4D61-B155-E8EF180281B3.jpeg
9AF96E5A-980D-4282-B515-31A18312A145.jpeg
C655E52A-828E-414D-BAC5-F18B7CABF36F.jpeg
A5EA6B2A-435B-43C7-A250-14623B18644E.jpeg

It doesn't explain the "itchy tasty" reference, or why there';s some things that are inexplicably perfect, like the one scene where Chris wears his leather jacket outfit, or the pretty great set design. It reads liek somebody watched a bunch of youtube videos to get up to speed and then put everything in haphazardly thinking fans wouldn't notice.
You know, that actually makes a lot of sense. It really does have that "youtube research" feel to it now that I think about it.
Oh well, I'm sure the sequels will be much better.... :rotfl

I have to admit though, Leon's dialog was a work of art.
Leon 99% of the movie: "Oh f***in ****! F**K! ******* f**k! F**K f**k! ****!" :rotfl

What I find really weird though, is how Capcom seems to have this stick up their arses when it comes to making figures. But don't seem to give a crap whatsoever about lore accuracy in the movies at all. I guess anything is acceptable when enough $$$$ gets shoved under their noses.

Last edited:
Rewatched RE'02 last night with a friend; today we're watching WtRC for comparison. We were laughing all the way through, so it's still enjoyable in that sense. The script is pretty bad.

Matt: "They're running experiments."
Alice: "What kind of experiments?"
Matt: "The illegal kind."
Very descriptive there, Matt.

There's also a lot of fake science (I mean, more so than the games), like blood coagulating after you're dead, or finger nails and hair still growing after death.

That Milla tho... Her undercut at the end of the movie. 👌🥰

@faker The odd and specific references in WtRC might be remnants left over from an old draft. There were 2 other writers onboard before the director took control over the script. Maybe the previous writers actually knew a thing or 2 about the games. It's also possible Capcom intervened and provided suggestions.
He did say after that
“Genetic. Viral.”

unlike WtRC, there’s something in the water, Umbrella had incident or there was an incident. Like okay? lol care to explain to the movie goers? Or should do they go play the games so they’ll get every Easter eggs/references. Plus, every other word that came out of theirs mouths was f**ck.

He did say after that
“Genetic. Viral.”

unlike WtRC, there’s something in the water, Umbrella had incident or there was an incident. Like okay? lol care to explain to the movie goers? Or should do they go play the games so they’ll get every Easter eggs/references. Plus, every other word that came out of theirs mouths was f**ck.
Still trash dialogue. One movie being worse at explaining things doesn't make the other's writing any less bad either.

True, lol WtRC got the whole Erin Brockovich water contamination in a town “storyline”. Good thing we good conspiracy theorist Claire come to the rescue yet they Berber explained why some of the other people in RC(stars members) weren’t getting sick either.

Anyway, why did umbrella leave rc? They ran out of recourses? Did they mentioned the T-Virus(unless I missed it), how or who leaked the virus? Or how? Did it happened at the mansion or the janitor’s closet aka Nest/Williams “lab”?

Anyway, why did umbrella leave rc? They ran out of recourses? Did they mentioned the T-Virus(unless I missed it), how or who leaked the virus? Or how? Did it happened at the mansion or the janitor’s closet aka Nest/Williams “lab”?
in the movie, ****** ben says that they were packing up to leave and go to another town "like they did before" but they had a leak "like chernobl" that prevented the fast move. They didn't run out of resources, they just felt like leaving. He didn't say how or when it happened, just that it came from the labs.

The whole story is terrible and the Claire running away thing doesn't help things. I wonder if the first two writers were good and the director ruined everything.

in the movie, ****** ben says that they were packing up to leave and go to another town "like they did before" but they had a leak "like chernobl" that prevented the fast move. They didn't run out of resources, they just felt like leaving. He didn't say how or when it happened, just that it came from the labs.

The whole story is terrible and the Claire running away thing doesn't help things. I wonder if the first two writers were good and the director ruined everything.
And Birkin stayed behind? Weird writing choices. Unless Johannes changed it and turned Birkin into a disgruntled ex umbrella employee or something.

How does a ghost town have the means to fund a team like S.T.A.R.S. and maintain a station as big as the RPD? WtRC treats S.T.A.R.S. as if they're regular cops; as if the writer doesn't even know what their name stands for. They're not normal cops; more like a SWAT team.

Why do all the zombies start to gather at the RPD? In Outbreak and RE2R, the station would have been filled with survivors who were gathered by city officials and later turned.

Why didn't anyone think to barricade the RPD knowing zombies were trying to break in?

Why did Ada send Albert to retrieve the G sample only to end up having to retreat it herself (I assume) and his body? In Umbrella Chronicles, Albert informs Ada of an escape plan after she retreats the G sample.

How would a company declare martial law? That's like if Walmart decided to lock down my city.

So many questions. So many dumb changes and decisions.

Back