Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, completed it on Madhouse. Screwed myself out of a trophy by missing one antique coin. But now I have infinite ammo. Oh, that magnum is getting abused. :lol

As I feared, the last section where you make your way up through the mine is super tough. To make things worse, the ladder room with the two big guys is filled with ****ing trip-wire bombs so you can't just dash and make your way up. Watch Snake get to this part with only 6 bullets left. :rotfl

Here's what I did:

• Try to clear all or most of the enemies including the one big guy just before you reach the two big guys, go back down through the mine and save (results in quicker trip to the top without hordes in your way).
  • Head back up with bombs and the grenade launcher with 2-3 Neuro rounds (blue shells) as these will help slow down the big guys.
  • Once you reach the big guys, head towards and fire your Neuro rounds at them. You might be able to slow down both with one shell, otherwise one for each slob should do.
  • Now quickly pull out your handgun or machine gun and shoot the bombs all the way up on the ladder. Once they're all destroyed, quickly head up the ladder and pray the fat buggers are still slow like they've just done 20 seconds on a treadmill for the first time in their life!
  • If the effect wears off before you reach the ladder, some more Neuro rounds or bombs will have to do but this will be tricky.
  • If you get hit by their barf bile while climbing, your ass is falling back down! Though I got hit just as I reached the top and didn't fall so keep that in mind.
Everyone who follows these tips and is successful, must donate to me $1 per each time they died! Those that don't will be forced to have a booty call with Marguerite, strapped to a bed against their will as punishment. :lecture

So, had a couple friends come over to check this game out in VR, and both got pretty nauseous within 5-10 min of playing. Apparently I am one of the lucky few that does not seem to have this issue. Most I get is a little light-headed for one sec, then it'll pass...

Gonna be a hard sell if everyone gets sick. Such a shame, cause VR is pretty sweet. Picked up a pair of the TBVR headphones and pretty nice compared to earbuds

What's ur rating on it? I'd rate it that. Could've been a better game but it's nice that capcom is going on the horror direction again. Still I hope the next game it feels more like resident evil. This feels like some type of else worlds game with little nods thrown in to show you it's still part of the same brand.

Eh like 7-7.5. It could of been amazing, but the game has an identity crisis. I still would play it over Code Veronica :lol I cannot bring myself to be bothered with that game. Something about it is so off putting to me. Although that opening FMV is still one of the defining moments of that gaming generation.

Bad creature design and lack of variety REALLY hurt the game. Limited resources, less than ever before definitely was an improvement IMO. It's a shame, where it takes steps forward, it takes as many back with creative choices.

What were the games where you controlled a bunch of survivors? I have a faint memory of them. Are they recieved well by the fans generally?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Outbreak series, they were way ahead of their time and didn't catch on until the servers got taken down.

Last edited:
True, but it's not 8/10.

I agree! More like an 8.5 or 9!

;)

I clearly like it more than Snake....

2nd playthrough in VR took about 9.5 hours. Definitely quicker than in the first play-run. Ironically combat is pretty easy in VR. Aiming with your eyes feels very natural...Tried Banned Footage 1. Got past jack...pretty cool

So seeing that ending again, that's clearly a new and updated Umbrella logo. Guess Redfield is a brother or some fmy member to Chris?

I agree! More like an 8.5 or 9!

;)

I clearly like it more than Snake....

2nd playthrough in VR took about 9.5 hours. Definitely quicker than in the first play-run. Ironically combat is pretty easy in VR. Aiming with your eyes feels very natural...Tried Banned Footage 1. Got past jack...pretty cool

So seeing that ending again, that's clearly a new and updated Umbrella logo. Guess Redfield is a brother or some fmy member to Chris?

People assume he's part of the Umbrella Corps, from the game of the same name and it's the main character 3A-7... who they called the new "Grim Reaper" which was a nick name Hunk had.

Interesting......so, he's Hunk? the unlockable dude from RE2?

No no, they just equate him to his skill. Hunk is someone else, this is "Redfield"... at least that's the theory.

Hunk.

tOqT5IP.png

3A-7

sW9MQtW.png

Evidence suggesting it's the same unit from UC.

The logos are exactly the same, with different colors.

nGmGamA.jpg

dWBeND3.png

Umbrella Corps is considered canon... so it's more than likely him.

No no, they just equate him to his skill. Hunk is someone else, this is "Redfield"... at least that's the theory.

Hunk.

tOqT5IP.png

3A-7

sW9MQtW.png

Evidence suggesting it's the same unit from UC.

The logos are exactly the same, with different colors.

nGmGamA.jpg

dWBeND3.png

Umbrella Corps is considered canon... so it's more than likely him.
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, that's the logo alright!

Eh like 7-7.5. It could of been amazing, but the game has an identity crisis. I still would play it over Code Veronica :lol I cannot bring myself to be bothered with that game. Something about it is so off putting to me. Although that opening FMV is still one of the defining moments of that gaming generation.

Bad creature design and lack of variety REALLY hurt the game. Limited resources, less than ever before definitely was an improvement IMO. It's a shame, where it takes steps forward, it takes as many back with creative choices.

What is it about CV you dont like? Ive only finished it once and personally i find it so hard to find motivation to play it. I could play the rest of the classic style all day long but CV just bores the absolute hell out of me. I always found it abit weird how graphically it looked quite cartoonish. I think CV was evidence that RE needed abit of change.

Still has one of the greatest pieces of RE music; Suspended Doll. Its 3rd behind the RE2 lab remake 'Into the unknown' from Outbreak and 'Neptune Tank' from REmake .

What is it about CV you dont like? Ive only finished it once and personally i find it so hard to find motivation to play it. I could play the rest of the classic style all day long but CV just bores the absolute hell out of me. I always found it abit weird how graphically it looked quite cartoonish. I think CV was evidence that RE needed abit of change.

Still has one of the greatest pieces of RE music; Suspended Doll. Its 3rd behind the RE2 lab remake 'Into the unknown' from Outbreak and 'Neptune Tank' from REmake .

The game world of CV is too big for classic RE. The style of gameplay tried to emulate Dino Crisis too much. I don't care for 3D backgrounds and moving camera. And yes, it's boring. These might be nothing negative with some people, but it's the only thing I can really illustrate as to why I don't like it. Something about it is very off putting and it feels like a chore to complete. The Magnum sidequest is a complete pain in the balls. And let's not forget the game breaking **** you can end up doing by leaving stuff in the metal detector box or items you can lose if you don't know you're going to stop playing as Claire for Chris and all the weapons vanish with her.

I always thought CV and Zero were neck and neck as being the worst of the original series. CV only has a good plot going for it, everything else is nonsense.

Back