Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's the only replay value beating your own time over and over. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol yeah he's been obsessive with it. I can't see myself going back to this after madhouse, unless there's worthwhile DLC.

200.gif

Anyone who played RE6 and didn't bother with the series afterward are the reason for that. Capcom is going to need a home run with REmake 2 to bring the fans back completely.

It's funny how this series catches all the ****, and rightly so, while Metal Gear can do no wrong when it became just as awful :lol

Ughhh no... it's being built from the ground up. I don't know where you got it in your head it's a HD re-release. The internet exploded when that got announced... so it's going to outsell RE7 by a lot.

I really think Remake 2 is going to struggle to get Revelations 2 sales. Its going to be an uphill battle. A mixture of trailers showing the slow methodical gameplay, the " huh, is this an old game? is it a re-release, is it a remaster " and all that other stuff.

It's all dependent upon the style of gameplay they do. If it's fixed camera angles, it will sell well.

It's all dependent upon the style of gameplay they do. If it's fixed camera angles, it will sell well.

And bringing Alyson back to voice Claire. To some that's a deal breaker as well. :lol but definitely on the style of gameplay.

Anyone who played RE6 and didn't bother with the series afterward are the reason for that. Capcom is going to need a home run with REmake 2 to bring the fans back completely.

It's funny how this series catches all the ****, and rightly so, while Metal Gear can do no wrong when it became just as awful :lol

Yeah, I think 6 did a lot of damage to the series. Especially when they said it's going back to its roots. :lol

Yeah, I think 6 did a lot of damage to the series. Especially when they said it's going back to its roots. :lol

It only went back to the roots in such a microscopic way, it had zombies... that's it. It's a mess otherwise.

REmake 2 is do or die for the series.

lol remember when they said 6 would go back to its roots. Lol for like 15 seconds

Capcom are damned if they do and damned if they dont. If REmake 2 isnt done exactly like REmake IE item management and resource management, fixed camera, true survival horror, limited supplies, no all-american action hero rubbish yet they expand the RE2 story in the ways they did with REmake, I wont buy it. It's as simple as that. Ive played the over-shoulder games; bored of it. I've played first person; enjoyed it and I dont want another. REmake 2 has to be completely true to the original playstyle.

If it is episodic like Revelatiobns; I will not touch it with a barge pole. I want an unmolested purely original game. Capcom have catered for the action shooter fans with 4/5/6. They have catered for the streaming kidz and the indie horror. Now its time they catered for the fans who were there since day 1, who still bought Survivor, both Outbreaks and Dead Aim, the fans who made the series what it was. If it doesnt do that, then im done with the franchise much like when I checked out of the MGS franchise after the abysmal MGSV which all the 'Kojima is God/Konami evil' noobs ****ed over.

I havent bought the season pass for 7. I dont see any content worth playing apart from the free DLC. Everything else wouldve been much better integrated with the actual game and you could progress watching Clancy's story as Ethan and expanding some character for the Bakers. I actually believe that was how it was intended; there were more VHS players than tapes. I reckon the Bedroom DLC was suppose to be in the motorhome. The Nightmare tape or something like it wouldve been where the Mia tape was.

I just realized, even if the final boss fight was odd, it was very reminiscent of the older games where you use the environment or wait for someone to throw you a better weapon to destroy the final boss...I think that is what they went for.

RE1 - Brad & RL
RE2 - Tyrant/Ada + RL
RE3 - Nemesis + cannon

Unpopular opinion but I just never liked the fixed camera and tank controls in resident evil. I just don't see how that can work today. I mean I just never got into it. That's just me tho. Hate the controls on the resi and Dino crisis games .

Back