Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
resident evil 4 and 5,6 IS the best thing since sliced bread

they weren't scary but atleast they were fun

resident evil 7 is alright too

i also love the classic trilogy on psx so don't judge me too hard

and RE3make . . . . . .

tumblr_inline_nnud4rAjXx1qeoanx_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People want the FEEL of the old games. RE 1-3, Code Veronica, even RE0, that's Resident Evil. I can remember getting the games for Christmases and being so drawn in to not just the realism, but the atmosphere and aesthetic.

I think they could make a new games using the REmakes' engine and it could be stellar, easier and profitable.

RE4 was a departure that worked but nothing else has.
Now every new RE game they are betting the farm trying to reinvent the wheel and it isn't working.

They've been stuck in the RE4 formula of style, gameplay, but using uninspired monster design with fan fiction level plots.

As for making them like REmake, I assume you mean engine figuratively. They built it the same way they did RE1-3. Render the background and turn it into a screen shot. THAT'S Resident Evil at it's core. With it being just a high quality picture file, the character models get the bulk of the pixel budget which is why character models always looked better than anything else at the time.

REmake on GC still looks amazing to this day.

I dont rate RE4 much as an RE game. Its a great third person shooter but it throws away item conservation, item management, puzzles, fight or flight, characterisation, great enemy designs and introduced slow motion, all-American action hero, enemies without guns dropping tons of ammo, bloody merchant who appears behind a door you spent ages trying to unlock, superhero landings and quick time events.

All great for the third person genre but awful for the franchise.

I dont rate RE4 much as an RE game. Its a great third person shooter but it throws away item conservation, item management, puzzles, fight or flight, characterisation, great enemy designs and introduced slow motion, all-American action hero, enemies without guns dropping tons of ammo, bloody merchant who appears behind a door you spent ages trying to unlock, superhero landings and quick time events.

All great for the third person genre but awful for the franchise.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. RE4 was a overall an excellent game but pretty bad as a RE game. And let's not forget Ashley, one of the worst, most annoying things ever to be put in the series. Wouldn't call it trying to protect her as much as babysitting an annoying little **** that screams "Leon! Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!" every five seconds. I didn't like RE5 that much but at least Sheva was competent enough to protect herself from danger.

As you can probably tell, I hate Ashley with a passion. Leon even turned down a booty call with it in the end. :lol

Kiva's observation on RE7 sales is wrong.

Obviously RE7 sold worse than 5 and 6 because it's a follow up to those two games.

MGS2 is the highest selling MGS to date because it came after MGS1, and when that game released fans hated it. MGS3 sold considerable less and that's the most popular game in the franchise.

Batman and Robin came out and nearly ruined all comic movies from being made, Batman Begins was great, yet didn't do that well in the Box office until the next one. Rises came out which is considered to be the worst in the trilogy and made the most money.

Clearly RE7 isn't doing as good as its predecessors because it's a follow up to the ****tiest game in the franchise. This is coming from someone who couldn't even finish RE7 because the gameplay felt way too archaic, and after about 3 hours became too formulaic. Clearly though, it's not selling that well because most fans have been burned by RE5 and 6. The word of mouth seems to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am loving Re7. Think there are a few of us...lol

I think it would of been far better received if it was just a new IP.

I caved and bought the season pass... I did the Marguerite banned footage thing. Once you figure out how to get out of the room, it's incredibly short. I can see Nightmare mode being interesting since it's technically Mercenaries mode. I did a little of it, you just need to survive the timer and collect scrap metal to buy or construct items.

I haven't tried Ethan Must Die Mode yet, but I appreciate the throw back difficulty title from Devil May Cry.

Kiva's observation on RE7 sales is wrong.
How can i observe it sold 2 million copies less than the last game be a wrong observation? Literally losing the appeal to 45% of the people who bought the last game with this new direction.
Clearly RE7 isn't doing as good as its predecessors because it's a follow up to the ****tiest game in the franchise.
Were you not around when Re 5 was the ****test game in the franchise, was pretty much universally slated because of the crappy AI Sheva, weird Wesker and stupid boulder punching and then Re 6 came out and sold even more? People arent buying the game because it looks boring, and when you watch youtubers play it you dont feel the need to play it yourself because the entire game is pretty much scripted.

Last edited:
The opening sales don't compare well but RE7 has a much lower budget and scope than its two predecessors. In the long run I think it will have a long tail.

I think it would of been far better received if it was just a new IP.

I caved and bought the season pass... I did the Marguerite banned footage thing. Once you figure out how to get out of the room, it's incredibly short. I can see Nightmare mode being interesting since it's technically Mercenaries mode. I did a little of it, you just need to survive the timer and collect scrap metal to buy or construct items.

I haven't tried Ethan Must Die Mode yet, but I appreciate the throw back difficulty title from Devil May Cry.

I am torn. On the one hand, I like how this is a side adventure in a very interesting universe. Honestly think it should have not had the '7' in it, and fans would get that this is NOT a main game. Despite it's quality and whatnot. Doesn't bother me, but if you actually liked RE6, I can see how some are gonna ask, 'where the hell is Leon?'

I'm hearing it's selling well and people seem to love it. It's not getting the huge amount of hate re6 got.

Back