Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 6?

Seeing as though pretty much every antagonist in the RE universe is dead...should be interesting.

Alex Wesker would be an interesting bad guy

New rumors/details: Resident Evil 6 and Revelations to be closely tied.

The same source that sent us the internet-shattering Resident Evil 6 news has spoken once more. Even though he gave us that news, I’m still going to take this as massive rumor, and not fact. Hell, it could even be fake.

Apparently Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil 6 will not only be canon (as expected), but also involve the same mutagenic virus. We do know that Revelations is a prequel title, but the details of its enemies’s origins are far from being discovered.

He also goes on to state that Resident Evil 6 will miss its 2012 release window –which OPM outed not too long ago. We’re going to have to wait a very long time to see if these comments have any validity, but there’s no harm in mentioning it as long as we keep in mind that this is a rumor. So, go find a mountain sized grain of salt, and pocket it until Resident Evil 6 releases.

I really hope it goes back to the survival horror genre.
A handful of tyrants wouldn't hurt either. :monkey3

Other than the rumor that came out last night about a capcom guy saying it is going back to its roots and will be "brutally scary" theres no official info to let us fap over yet. Though it should be by tonight!

I want Las Plagas gone. They were not terrible it kind of worked. Good games but its not RE! And i never want to see Uroboros again because it was terrible. And over the years the suits have started turning into Metal Gear solid. And all though they are cool it's not RE!

I want a game where you need to use brains again. And you run into a couple of zombies every 20 minutes or so while running back and fourth doing a puzzle. There is no suspense when you are constantly guns blazing. You want to be in suspense of thinking when are they coming not when are they going to stop.

That being said if it was just RE 5 with a new setting and characters and levels id still really enjoy it.

RE4 is my favorite game of all time and I do enjoy RE5 but yes RE needs to go back to it roots and be scary again. You don't nessissarily need zombies for that (though it wouldn't hurt) but they need to add tension back into the game. Also you don't need to have a partner tagging by your side the entire game. Having a partner in RE5 reduced the intensity by 50% imho. I also agree the outfits have become abit Metal Gear/Matrix-ish and I hope that gets toned down a little aswell.

I can't wait to hear more news about RE6!:pray:

Hopefully it won't suck.... and hopefully Leon won't be the main character.

I know it's not traditional RE... but the one bonus level they made similar to traditional RE on RE5 Gold was so boring compared to the rest of the games levels, imo.

I'm still gonna buy RE6 regardless tho. :rock :lol

RE5 gets some unnecessary hate. I enjoyed it, but it was fundamentally different then the original RE games. Can't wait until we hear the news.

The problem is Dead Rising took the Zombie aspect and multiplied it by 1000. There's a billion zombies on screen, and you can kill them with anything. If the RE series needed to go the the next level, It would need the Dead Rising aspect of being outnumbered to the point where you feel like you'll die just by looking at how many enemies there are. The problem is how both are made by the same company, and doing so will turn them into borderline identical twins. Turning back into a corridor, back-track filled, pre camera angle set game will not make them take leaps forward. They would regress like SNK did when they made King of Fighters 12, and rush to make an apology game (King of Fighters 13). So many other games like Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Dead Island and Dead Space have taken the great ideas of what the RE series needed to innovate with. What new ideas are left now?

They need to stay with the Re5 camera, but have Crimson Head based zombies as the main enemy type if they want zombies back. The slow moving trash ones are far too outdated. They need to make the character be able run an gun also.

Back