Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just going to play it to get it out my list.
got to go back and try to play part 5 again.

that game pissed me off so much with those crappy controls.
I am going to play them both on pc.
for the graphics and better controls.

It's not going to come out until at least November on the PC.

Sure it would be nice to have the discs but is it that big of a deal? I have the anthology preordered and couldn't care less if they're download codes. It's all the same to me, just as long as I have all the games then I'm good. Is there something I'm missing?

Yeah, the discs.

I'm really shocked at some of the poor and negative reviews here... but it seems like they're giving the game poor scores because it's no longer survival horror and more action oriented. After watching all the footage in the reviews, it looks amazing to me and definitely isn't stopping me from cancelling my anthology.

Gametrailers gave it 8.8 anyone expecting survival horror its dead in this franchise its been like this for yrs.

I'm really shocked at some of the poor and negative reviews here... but it seems like they're giving the game poor scores because it's no longer survival horror and more action oriented. After watching all the footage in the reviews, it looks amazing to me and definitely isn't stopping me from cancelling my anthology.

The poor reviews are because they claim it's not even a good action oriented game.

I do miss the classic survival horror titles.

Hated the demo but I was waiting for reviews to sway me into buying it. That won't be happening. RIP resident evil. So so sad.

A bunch of reviews all on one page:

https://www.computerandvideogames.c...-round-up-critics-divided-on-all-action-resi/

Polygon: 4/10 - Resident Evil 6 leaves players with the shell of a blockbuster game. It blusters along with massive explosions and insane plot twists, but it lacks a fundamental understanding of why action games are fun. In the end, Resident Evil 6 resembles one of its grotesque mutations - bloated, out of control, and recklessly trying to consume everything around it. Capcom has built a real monster here.
VideoGamer: 6 - Resident Evil 6 is not one but four games, and Capcom has done a beautiful and stupid thing in its attempt to recreate a rich, diverse and storied series into one single title. There are some great pearls to be found on Capcom's seabed, but lofty ambitions are this game's downfall and an inability to focus on any one of Resident Evil 6's disparate elements proves more than ever that this series needs to find itself.

IGN: 7.9 - Resident Evil 6 might be the biggest RE game ever, but it struggles to be the best, lacking a coherent vision.

ShopTo: Good - At numerous points in reviewing this game I found myself comparing Resident Evil 6 with the previous games; this should not be the case as if it were it would have a very low score, however as a standalone game it certainly has a lot of action and shooting of zombies and hours upon hours of replayability, if that's your pleasure then there will be some enjoyment in this for you.

GamerZines: 75% - An epic in every sense, Resident Evil 6 delivers action by the spadeful but little of it memorable.

OXM: 8 - Resident Evil 6 is an accomplished shooter on the whole, and a fittingly thunderous send-off for current gen Resident Evil. The next instalment needs to tighten the focus, deciding which ideas are worth sticking with, but this could be the definitive videogame blockbuster - huge, colourful and surprising.

Play Mag: 88% - Odd rough patch or misfire aside, Resident Evil 6 is bursting with innovation, content and confidence that shows Capcom knows exactly what it's doing with it's series. Now fully tooled up for co-op, this feels like Resident Evil worthy of modern times.

GamesBeat: 70/100 - Everything in Resident Evil 6 is bigger, louder, and prettier than its predecessors, but that does not necessarily make it a better game. While it finally embraces the adrenaline-fueled action the series has hinted at for so long, the rest is a schizophrenic mess. Capcom can't seem to decide whether Resident Evil is a campy blockbuster film (undoubtedly its greatest strength) or a serious reflection on the human condition. For all of our sakes, let's hope it chooses the former.

1UP: C+ - RE6 presents blockbuster-caliber entertainment, sure, but it also forces you to revisit rough portions of gameplay and rarely challenges a player outside of arbitrary difficulty levels and cheap deaths via phoned-in quick-time events. The unfortunate truth is that Capcom hasn't figured out a new way to terrify gamers in the eight years since RE4. While building on that game's masterful formula of stop-and-pop gunplay is a smart approach, RE6 serves as proof that too many compromises and too much empowerment can ultimately erode what makes Resident Evil, at its core, work.

Destructoid: 3.0 - It's bad enough that the game -- at its very best -- is so pedestrian, but to screw up in areas that even third-rate shooters manage to get right is something Capcom should find degrading. It's not enough to say that Resident Evil 6 is poor as a Resident Evil game. This is unexceptional tripe that becomes insulting once the woeful missteps come into play. Resident Evil 6 is not just a step back for the series, it's a step back for common garden, unassuming action-shooters.

God Is A Geek: 9/10 - The marketing slogan has been "No Hope Left", but Resident Evil 6 shows that there's plenty of life in the old dog yet, with plenty of hope left for the future. Resident Evil 6 is wonderful, sprawling and epic; they've listened to the fans and given them something special, and that's something that should happen more often. Don't let this one pass you by

Eurogamer: 6/10 - This game is blind to imagination and focus. Capcom's uncertainty about the series' identity post-Mikami (and post-Uncharted) is hardcoded into its structure: four campaigns offering different, flawed expressions of that potential. And the inevitable price for this wavering is a lack of coherence. Resident Evil 6 is an unwieldy tribute to the series' past, an uneven expression of its present and an unwelcome indication of its future.

Gamespot: 4.5 - Resident Evil 6's messy mix of annoying quick-time events and constant set pieces makes it a poor caricature of modern-day action games.

Bloody Disgusting: 9 - Resident Evil 6 might not revolutionize the genre, but it definitely reinvigorates the franchise in much like the fourth game did seven years ago. It can be a little goofy - okay, a lot goofy - but if you're a fan of the RE fiction, this offers one of the more compelling stories so far. In short, this game does for the action horror genre what Skyrim did for RPGs. The bar has been set, and Capcom has once again proven they know exactly what they're doing

Digital Spy: 4/5 - Resident Evil 6 is a very good game let down by a few poor design choices. Leon and Jake's campaigns, in particular, are hugely entertaining, showcasing the survival horror genre at its best. While Chris's campaign might well prove that two's company and three's a crowd, the excellent plot, cast of characters and additional content should ensure that Resident Evil 6 is revisited more times than Tall Oaks' pharmacy.

Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 7 - The game just about averages out to the good through volume and variety. As well as the basic shooting, there are puzzles, chases, fighter-jet sequences - a huge array of tonal variation. If you're going to sink 40 quid into something, this certainly gives you your money's worth, and when it's going well this is a competent and rewarding adventure. But it can just as easily swing off into a Dragon's Lair-style QTE section or an overly long, bland shooting tunnel.

Edge: 6 - Sadly, it's a game that redefines the series as a loose collection of action scenarios with a shared theme of mild sci-fi horror. It's a game so eager to please that it can't settle on an identity. And it's a game that marks a critical point in the series' history. Resident Evil might have lost interest in pure horror a while back, but it seems Capcom would rather you were thrilled than afraid.

Beefjack - Look, I'll champion Resident Evil 5 to the end. As a survival horror game it couldn't pass muster, but if the series was going to jump the shark I'd rather it landed somewhere worthwhile. And it did. 5 was a splendid co-op score attack game bolstered by short levels, natty level design and an inkling of terror. Most people missed that, but I spent weeks clinching all those S ranks. Resident Evil 6 embraces 5′s infatuation with the action side of things, but fails to capture any of its real glories. And as for the old games, forget it. Without its clunky idiosyncrasies Resident Evil 6 is just another vanilla-flavoured third-person shooter, albeit a very thorough one. And is there anything more depressing than that?

Metro: 5/10 - If Resident Evil wants to be an action game then so be it, but it needs to be a good one - not this linear, patronisingly simplistic time waster.

Joystiq: 2.5/5 - If every idea had come together without friction, and with the aid of Capcom's top-notch presentation, Resident Evil 6 would have been a tremendous action game. Instead, it's a fully-featured, sloppy, frequently frustrating attempt to do well by everyone. Everyone would do well to study its anatomy, to learn what happens to a series stuck somewhere between a new life and an old body.

Last edited:
Still buying...now I'm almost more curious to play it so I can come up with my own opinion on it. Especially since I have played through the entire franchise minus a couple of the spin-offs. Also, I liked RE5.

i knew it would get poor reviews and i said capcom lied about going back to the roots. Resident Evil died when we left Antartica, it only came back briefly when Mark,david,kevin,yoko,allyssa, george, cindy and jims stories of escape were released. 1996-2004

i knew it would get poor reviews and i said capcom lied about going back to the roots. Resident Evil died when we left Antartica, it only came back briefly when Mark,david,kevin,yoko,allyssa, george, cindy and jims stories of escape were released. 1996-2004

I agree :goodpost:

i knew it would get poor reviews and i said capcom lied about going back to the roots.
Leons campaign stinks of re 2-4. It introduces new actually memorable monsters too. Adas campaign has old fashioned RE puzzles. Chris sets off action heavy and turns into the slower style of Revelations. Jake & Sherrys game isnt RE at all but its reallly fun. I reckon youd like it.

Leons campaign stinks of re 2-4. It introduces new actually memorable monsters too. Adas campaign has old fashioned RE puzzles. Chris sets off action heavy and turns into the slower style of Revelations. Jake & Sherrys game isnt RE at all but its reallly fun. I reckon youd like it.

Problem is ive heard that tall oaks is old style. after that its like chris'. Which means im buying half of a quater; an eight lmao.

Why couldnt they do a Dead Space? Ok, add more action but make it damn well worthwhile with scary environments and one hell of an intriguing story.

DS3 co-op is perfect; you dont have none or an AI partner if you dont want to. Simples!

Problem is ive heard that tall oaks is old style. after that its like chris'. Which means im buying half of a quater; an eight lmao.

Why couldnt they do a Dead Space? Ok, add more action but make it damn well worthwhile with scary environments and one hell of an intriguing story.

DS3 co-op is perfect; you dont have none or an AI partner if you dont want to. Simples!

May Dead Space never change. :pray:

Not at all. Infact Tall oaks is barely anything in the game. All the stories converge in China but the games are very different ( i actually found myself loving the china settings. Its so fun and colourful looking ). Leons game is a full on zombie game start to end. With a strong feeling of Re 4 at times.
well i wont get into it
In the later parts of Chris & Jakes story there is a scary feel. Eerie music, creatures that i feared asmuch as the regenerators and nice surroundings, i obviously wont spoil thoes surroundings but i did get a dead space vibe.

The one let down is i never truely felt in danger for the most part. Unless it was a quick time event, or a certain creature thats not even been brought up yet -_- ill wait a while for the talk for that one

Not at all. Infact Tall oaks is barely anything in the game. All the stories converge in China but the games are very different ( i actually found myself loving the china settings. Its so fun and colourful. Leons game is a full on zombie game start to end. With a strong feeling of Re 4 at times.
well i wont get into it
In the later parts of Chris & Jakes story there is a scary feel. Eerie music, creatures that i feared asmuch as the regenerators and nice surroundings, i obviously wont spoil thoes surroundings but i did get a dead space vibe.

Thats cool. Im not fussed about spoilers. Ill pass RE6. Ill stick to Zero this month!

And DS will never change! I love both games and the third looks superb

the Poor Reviews are prolly due to the High Expectations that Capcom built.. they Over Hyped it .. it is as if they hyped it for the $$$$$ more so than the actual gameplay

i'll reserve judgement till i actually finished the game :)

the Poor Reviews are prolly due to the High Expectations that Capcom built.. they Over Hyped it .. it is as if they hyped it for the $$$$$ more so than the actual gameplay

i didnt think there was much hype! One tv ad here in the UK, not every site was plastered like i remember with RE5.

Near every media in the VG business has given this game poor reviews. A 4.5 from gamespot is very low.

Now I am thinking not picking up my preorder and just wait till Black Friday for like 30 bucks. Look at how fast ORC dropped in price.

Back