Repainted Life Size Iron Man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Guys, before I send out my SIM for another spray, I thought I might share the scans I just took yesterday for all my friend board members. you guy might thought I am little bit insane. hahaa. maybe...hahaaa. just love the iron man so much and so does my boy. anyway..for my upcoming life size iron man bust, i pretty much decided to go for the Mark II as board members suggest.
And for SIM, what do you guys think or can suggest? Please be serious. What about all in blue vivid color? Or anyone can post another variant repainted SIM would be much highly appreciated or post the scans in this board. So here the SIM of my collections.
Hope you like it.

ironman3.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

Hi:

Whatever you go with (except for the Custom Mark II), do a gloss or high gloss finish.

I have a repainted Stealth that went to Red and Gold. It is high gloss, and most people who look at it think it metal and not paint. It really is outstanding.

So... your plan is to buy a lot of Iron Man's and repaint their armor because you like the design so much? But your problem is that you have no idea what's your favourite color... or what? :monkey4

Dude, this member is QUICKLY building one of the most EXPENSIVE collections on the boards!!! I get more and more jealous everytime I see MORE grails posted....:eek:

But have you considered painted ONE of your MILLION SIM's in the Mark II armor????? I think that looks REALLY REALLY good, if it's done right ;)

Are all those SIMS reallt necessary?.. My thoughts are so Many take away from the glory of 1 or 2... Makes it seem more novelty.. Just my .02... Sometimes less is more, particuarily when it comes to display..

A Faux Bronze is where I would go honestly after the suggestion was made, talk about a unique piece.....but I agree with Bodie a bit in saying when you have so many of the same design it takes a bit away from it a bit. Personally? I've seen some customizers do some amazing things with their pieces so I would pay for someone to customize one into a Silver Aged piece over buying multiples and painting them. Just my two pennies.

Faux Bronze would make this look like a museum piece, you have to go Faux Bronze :rock :rock

Try to bump and finally I can find this thread.
Will try to post the scans tomorrow for my repainted iron man bust.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

i'd go for all chrome for the SIM, but i think u should put some black on the bust repaint, whether charcoal or clear coat, that would b bad ass cause its black!. unless yur goin to drill the rivets in it, i wouldnt do the mark II for the bust

Guys, here my repainted life size iron man bust. I painted in war machine color. what do you guys thinks? I am very pleased with the outcome of the painting and to me it looks good. but my wife prefers the red and gold version. so pls comments. And hope you like the scans.

ironman5-1.jpg

ironman6-1.jpg

ironman1-2.jpg

ironspiderman8.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

still prefer the red and gold. looks like a black and white picture of im =)

I like it! It reminds me of the Phil Saunders concept art for War Machine when he was originally included in the first Iron Man film.

I think the base needs a repaint, perhaps more black to it. Its lightness pulls you away from the bust itself. I like the repaint though.

Back