Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of primer is it? That's really strange that it would stick just fine to part of it and not to another.

It's Krylon grey for plastics, but yeah it's very odd as the arms are the only parts that aren't soaking the primer up entirely. There's a slight pinkish hue left on them after drying, which isn't a big deal but since I was going to go black base coat I don't want to encounter any problems down the road. So, I'll probably go with a red base coat instead.

Did you guys all use the Gundam/Sharpie type pens to color in the large gold parts on the forearm armor? Or dry brush/paint brush?

Very nice paintwork everyone!!! I've never tried anything like this, but after seeing all your amazing finished projects I picked up this figure from target today to give it a try. I do have one question though, what kind of brushes is everyone using for the gold and silver pieces? I'm getting the tamiya x-12 and x-11. Thanks and I'm very excited to get started on this:yess: of course my wife is even more excited that I can get a hulkbuster for around $50 instead of $850 :lol:lol:lol

Oh, and would reflective tape work in place of the LED's?

The gold was brushed on. The lines I filled in with a fine sharpie. The grime is a black wash done by thinning out black acrylic that I brushed on and then wiped off.

Same exact technique here although I did do the fine marker last (although I don't think it matters whether you do the wash before or after the marker, but I didn't want to risk the marker smearing or anything).

I made mine pretty dirty and worn, which is what I was going for. #2 is going to be clean.

This is how mine looked.

11053463_10153915952199460_2610556862316813463_n.jpg

Ok so #1 - AWESOME.

#2 - come on, you painted the whole Hulkbuster but couldn't paint the Mk42 to look like the Mk43? That would drive me nuts.

No idea if this belongs to anyone here or not.

11069356_10153727423413345_8888659011421899705_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow very impressive. I just had time for the putty and primer over the weekend. Need to mask off some stuff before red.

Back