Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked mine up today at Walmart for $35. Just need to figure out which colors I want to use and I'll be getting started.

Amazing work. I had thought of trying that for 35 bucks but no way mine would look like that!

How much did you take it apart before painting? Is there paint rub to restrict pose-ability even more? I haven't done a custom paint job since the DCUC days but this is tempting.

I just finished my repaint today. No pic of the back because I didn't finish detailing it yet.

b0f6Nvr.jpg

Damn! I completely suck at painting but this makes me at least want to give it a shot.

Primer over the whole thing to begin with? Or just straight over the existing paint job?

I'm no expert but I've painted my share of stuff. I believe step one is washing it down with dish soap to get all of the chemicals off that they use in the molding process. Otherwise the paint doesn't stick right. Then I'd spray it with primer. Personally I'll probably water my paint down a little bit and go that route. I know the person who started the thread said they dry brushed the whole thing?

Then after the main colors are done, go back and do a black wash. Water down black paint a fair amount, then brush it into all of the cracks and crevases (a little area at a time) and wipe off the excess with a paper towel, leaving only black in the cracks. That's what brings out the detail.

Someone on FB said they were completely taking one apart and putting LEDs in for the arc reactors. Now that I want to see.

I'm shaking my head in awe. Ironmann, you started a revolution! Kudos to you and the guys who'd do the same thing. Having it rendered using brushes makes your skill levels all the more god-like.

I'll be on the hunt for this figure and try my hand on it :)

Back