Recovery at Serpent Temple - 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure different teams work on figures than environments so its not like these environments prevent us from getting more figures. They only enhance our figures.

In a way they do though, the other teams could work on other figures, unless they specialize in this format. Besides Im sure there is more money in these than 1:6 figs. But they need one to sell the other

A 1/6 scale Weather Dominator would be doable. It would be bigger than any previous enironment but it would have a relatively small footprint and if they did it in plastic it wouldn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Weath_Dominator.jpg

A 1/6 scale Weather Dominator would be doable. It would be bigger than any previous enironment but it would have a relatively small footprint and if they did it in plastic it wouldn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Weath_Dominator.jpg

They haven't even made f'n Destro yet.

Well they got to make more polystone junk and repainted troopers to peddle first.

Weath_Dominator.jpg
--

Though the Weather Dominator would be awesome . . . I'd much rather see some "equipment/environment" based on some of the classic toys such as . . .

HAL (Heavy Artillery Laser)
RAM (Rapid Fire Motorcycle)
JUMP (Jet Mobile Propulsion Unit)
MMS (Mobile Missile System)

COBRA Flight Pod
Ferret ATV

i would like all of these environments but i just don't have any room to display them.

Yeah, that's going to be a problem at the rate they're doing these...

I don't have any of the environments either, but it's cool that Sideshow is doing them.

Looking back at their quote from the Q and A's, it seems that there's a double meaning behind this:

"Pump out more 1/6 scale Joes!

What a coincidence, we just had a meeting to look at the next 5 Joes, all mocked up and studly. Some greatness is coming, let me tell ya! Jungles, deserts, and marine environments should be well protected."

If it follows pattern, we should get a marine environment to go with a figure as well.

Interesting... which means we'll be getting a marine figure too... well, by marine I don't mean USMC necessarily. Probably Torpedo?

Looking at this, past all the "set dressing foliage," I'm just seeing steps (big surprise there), a piece of a wall (another big surprise), the satellite (only linking piece w/logo - big surprise!) and the snake (token animal - another big surprise). Not seeing how this is really any different from the other environments. Same show, different channel. :huh

Looking at this, past all the "set dressing foliage," I'm just seeing steps (big surprise there), a piece of a wall (another big surprise), the satellite (only linking piece w/logo - big surprise!) and the snake (token animal - another big surprise). Not seeing how this is really any different from the other environments. Same show, different channel. :huh

Yeah, it's not great, but the others had, well Timber for one, which is a nice, maybe even key accessory to have. The throne was probably the best one, and admittedly the desert one wasn't really must have either...

I like 'em, though. This one's pretty neat, I think I'll have Beach Head in there...

What environment does Sideshow make for a marine theme? A beach? A part of Cobra Island?

While I dig all of the older figures, I always liked Wetsuit more than Torpedo.
--

Not only that, but . . .

1. We already have BEACHHEAD.

2. We saw a prototype/sneak peek of HAWK/GENERAL HAWK.

3. Sideshow hinted/teased at a marine environment which could take it as an ocean/sea type environment that would logically point towards a use with a ocean/sea associated figure (i.e. SEAL) and TORPEDO and WETSUIT would be the very likely characters. Yes, there is also DEEP SIX, but I doubt he's on the list for 12" treatment short of SC producing a 1:6 SHARC vehicle/diorama.

4. I'm kind of hoping for a marine/sea diorama/environment that could possibly have the GI JOE DEVILFISH vehicle. This way a cool montage of the cover for issue #47 can be done featuring BEACHHEAD, WETSUIT, & GENERAL HAWK.

Yes. I'm a GI JOE geek (to an extent).

:nana:

Back