Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

What the ****?

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

WHY?

I had never been so repulsed by something on concept alone.

Those who like it and look forward to it, don't worry, I leave the thread to you, can't even be here, and I vented enough.

Holy ****.

Was there any reason the first trailer had "Tom Sawyer" by Rush as the soundtrack other than a blatant rip off of the "Futurama" episode where Fry is listening to the SAME SONG as he has to fight the real life video games, which in turn was completely ripped off for the movie Pixels?

Whoa. So meta, man.

What the ****?

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

WHY?

I had never been so repulsed by something on concept alone.

Those who like it and look forward to it, don't worry, I leave the thread to you, can't even be here, and I vented enough.

Holy ****.

You're MEANT to be repulsed by it. Reading the book, the Character, Wade, is SOO out of his depth as to what cool is. It's like that Scene in Spiderman 3 where peter parker Thinks he's finally cool, and dresses, dances, and acts like a complete Tool.
He has no reference for cool.

Much like Wade FINALLY having some money, he goes WAAAAAY over the top. From the writer's standpoint, It's intended to be ridiculous. and it fits, perfectly, with the self-indulgent person wade is at that point in the book.

Was there any reason the first trailer had "Tom Sawyer" by Rush as the soundtrack other than a blatant rip off of the "Futurama" episode where Fry is listening to the SAME SONG as he has to fight the real life video games, which in turn was completely ripped off for the movie Pixels?

Whoa. So meta, man.

Yes, actually. The Band, Rush, is kinda important in the context of the story. it's one of the Dead rich guy's favorite Bands, so their music is all over the place interwoven into the story.

Bill Burr made a crack on his podcast the other day about how no woman has ever owned a Rush album. I LOLed cause it's true.

Back