READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman INTEREST LIST PLEASE VOTE FOR EXPRESS

Thanks bro! :rock I've always loved the logo.
Sounds perfect. Isn't the overcoat navy though? I thought it was the same color as the suit? Forgot about the gloved hands and briefcase, those are a must.

Just re-watched this movie last night, Pat is such a lunatic.

ATM Machine: Feed me a stray cat.... :lol
Yes it is and the Suit in the Paul Allen scene is a black pinstripe.. just after that he wears the Overcoat when he is in Paul's apartment, at that moment when hes making a fake message on the answering machine there is light on him and you can see its a black overcoat.. and while hes dining with Paul you can see that the suit is black pinstripe.

The confusion happens as he wears a similar but deep navy blue pinstripe in the promo pics and sometimes contrasting and lighting with the blue shirt beside it does throw an illusion of blue... but see here

Thats in Paul's apartment...
AmericanPsycho_V_18apr11_rex_b.jpg

a behind the scenes pic and without the reflection or secondary glare its completely black

same here
tumblr_ljmibaYeMM1qzoaqio1_r1_1280.jpg

And Bateman matches his clothes, if he wore a black overcoat, it would be with a black pinstripe

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman INTEREST LIST PLEASE VOTE FOR EXPRESS

YEA BUDDY mmmmBrains has got the feeling baby!!!! :rock Great avvy & sig bro

Check my outfit post(p. 19 #187). It looks like in the first 4 scenes the suit and coat are navy. Lighting is a bi*ch and can create illusion but I'm 99% sure that in those scenes everything is navy.

I'm 1000% sure that the next 4 scenes from Texarkana to Paul's place (which overlooks the park BTW), the suit & coat are black. He wears the black coat in a couple of other scenes, one of them being the scene where he kills Al in the allyway.

All of this looks perfect Axe:

Clothing
---------
Shirt, Suspenders. Design Tie, Pinstripe trousers and suit jacket, and Black Overcoat and Raincoat, Shoes

Accessories
------------
Rolex watch, Axe, CD Case of Huey Lewis & The News 'Fore', Briefcase

Gloved hands for gripping pose, and ungloved hands in gripping pose too

I think the knife is important too. I still think that the DX with bloody sculpt & raincoat is the way to go. Since no one is saying anything different I'm assuming that everyone is in agreement that the Paul Allen scene get up is the way to go, yes?

Im a little unsure about the knife, technically I see it apt for the Movie poster... in the movie... the knife really isnt visibly shown. The killing of the bum too didnt show which knife he used...

And we have 47 guys... I think a confirmation should be inevitable.. And I will request Denny to increase prices so that he doesnt have to have any qualms about quality cost... Im sure you all agree to that. Ill put it on here and make sure no expenses spared. Right now on my list of what Im pitching for based on votes and opinions here

Sculpt Expression
-----------------
Focus/Cold Stare or Slight Mouth Open Smirk

Clothing
---------
Shirt, Suspenders. Design Tie, Pinstripe trousers and suit jacket, and Black Overcoat and Raincoat, Shoes

Accessories
------------
Rolex watch, Axe, CD Case of Huey Lewis & The News 'Fore', Briefcase

Gloved hands for gripping pose, and ungloved hands in gripping pose too

:hi5::yess:Sounds awesome Axe. The sooner work starts on this, the better.

Thanks for the corrections guys, apparently i'm color blind. :lol I too would like a knife as well. While it's not present on screen it does scream Pat Bateman to me, I like the knife in one hand axe in the other look.

I love the knife too. It doesn't appear on screen(unless in a deleted scene that I haven' seen) but it is implied. It's shown in the kitchen and in the movie poster which makes you have to believe that that's the one he killed Al with. Same reason why Neca included it with their figs and KAI made one.

I'd like to pose him reminiscent in an idealized way to the ally way scene (wrong suit but still). Overcoat, gloved hands, knife in one breifcase in the other. Cold stare....

FKIN' WICKED

Hi Guys~~

I would like to say if you guys don't mind.

I read suggestions and opinions, and I respect all the options.

But our job is not simply following suggestions on Vote,
It's our work and we decide the expression, of course, we still check many opinions.

We already started and chose the face expression with open mouth.

I hope people like it~

Thank you.

Denny

Denny

I will post the very start work of the mouth later today at my facebook.

Thanks

Denny

So I guess that means this is confirmed!! Great news Denny. I'm glad that you decided to take this on!

We started working him as open mouth(Screaming face)
Big mouth open~ and blood on face!

We started working him as open mouth(Screaming face)
Big mouth open~ and blood on face!

Could we see your reference pic? I'm not exactly sure what expression your talking about

So I guess Army got his wish!

american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg

Im a tad disappointed... this extreme expression actually takes away the challenge of really getting Bale's likeness... seems more like an easy way out.
But the WIP REALLY has me excited... I think the spirit of the Psycho is CAPTURED WELL!

Oh here is the first WIP

394434_424351634296136_1658345403_n.jpg

Last edited:

Yea I don't fully understand that decision but it'll be interesting to see

Hmmm Strange decision but I'm still interested to see how it turns out. I guess it will capture the insanity of Patrick.

Although I don't understand how it's an easy way out. I imagine it will be more difficult to capture his likeness with such an extreme expression

So I guess Army got his wish!

american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg

Im a tad disappointed... this extreme expression actually takes away the challenge of really getting Bale's likeness... seems more like an easy way out.
But the WIP REALLY has me excited... I think the spirit of the Psycho is CAPTURED WELL!

Oh here is the first WIP!

394434_424351634296136_1658345403_n.jpg

Wow even if this gets overturned by popular vote. I think this would look so awesome on the detolf by itself. Maybe even splatter some fake blood on the back glass of the shelf?

Even if this wasn't in the movie it is very recognizable and would stand out in a shelf. This is only my opinion though. I won't be greedy here only because Bateman is not as big to me as lets say Tony Soprano was. So I'll behave with whatever decision is made with Bateman :monkey3

Back