Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm in the minority, but I've never been a fan of games where the player is encouraged to do crimes. So with that said, I'm pleased they give you the option to be an "honourable" outlaw in the game. The visuals, sound, and gameplay look great.

I generally approach most "GTA" type games with a Nathan Drake - Uncharted type outlook. Gameplay - he's a mass killer. Story/canon - he isn't, but does have a gun, and has to have killed a few people along the way. Of course, some GTA leads could never be described as nice people regardless of how you play the game. Trevor Philips is a scene stealer, but a true scumbag.

Why not get both lol. Seriously. I don’t get these console wars. Some act like if you buy one your signing a blood contract to stick with that one and only console.

The console war is stupid and you really just limit yourself by doing it. Granted I have yet to see a game on Xbone that makes me want to buy one but if that ever happened I certainly would.

I generally approach most "GTA" type games with a Nathan Drake - Uncharted type outlook. Gameplay - he's a mass killer. Story/canon - he isn't, but does have a gun, and has to have killed a few people along the way.

That's more along the lines of what I'm hoping for with this, and they did say the player gets choice on how to interact with NPCs, and will affect how they react to him and the story. So it's looking good!

No doubt, you should totally sell the Xbox One X and buy the less powerful console.

A more powerful console that doesn't really have the better games than PS4? :dunno What's the point then?

Probably getting special edition for added content. The problem lately with Ultimate Editions is that its usually not worth the extra price tag. Things you will barely use or display thrown in. In the past we had better items, ie statues and they were pretty nice.

I'm going for the $80 version. Funny thing is I still have the standard version I PO'd two years ago when Amazon first put it on their site with the 20% off preorder discount. Don't know if I'll keep both and sell the standard.

Doesn't make sense for me to buy this right now, so I'll probably wait until Christmas. That said, I haven't been this excited for a game in years. The hype train has gone off the rails with me.

I don't play many games anymore but I never miss an open world Rockstar game or an open world single player game from Bethesda.

I don't play many games anymore but I never miss an open world Rockstar game or an open world single player game from Bethesda.

fallout 4 was a let down to me. It was soo over hyped.

I never miss out on a Rockstar and Naughty Dog game!

I've already got a PTO day for the 26. Hopefully, Gamestop will be open at midnight for me to pick it up.

I'll have my Mountain Dew and Cheetos ready.

fallout 4 was a let down to me. It was soo over hyped.

I never miss out on a Rockstar and Naughty Dog game!

I enjoyed fallout 4 but I agree that it could have been better. Still miles ahead of 99% of other games. Naughty Dog has done excellent work too, hopefully The Last of Us 2 is truly innovative.

After much soul searching I had to go with the ultimate edition. Yes, it is overpriced compared to the standard version. Yes, I really hate supporting anything that locks any mission content whatsoever behind an additional pay wall. And yes, that content probably doesn't amount to much, and will likely be available as paid dlc or in the eventual GOTY release anyway. And yes, if I waited I could likely get things cheaper after the initial hype wave died down.

But...it's a follow up to my favourite game of last console generation. And I've loved this series since the original Red Dead Revolver. And it is Rockstar, so regardless of their unfiltered greed in recent years, they are still one of the only companies that I still have pre-order level faith in, as far as the quality of what they will deliver goes. And even at an inflated price, I'm confident that the hours of joy and the overall gaming experience I get for my money will be well worth it. So I'll let them jack me of a little extra cash on this occasion, rather than being my usual patient and frugal self, because, hey, Red Dead Redemption 2.

Back