Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PS3 version was a HD port of the PS2 game, that's about it though.
Actually.. are you sure? I'm talking about this:

250px-DmC_box_art.png

This is the one I mean, apparently it's an entirely new game.

:lol :lol :lol oh Vin, oh my boy vin! That's an ENTIRELY new game, new universe, new Dante, new everything! It's a full out reboot. This is what Ryan and I were talking about

latest

The reboot is fine, but it has its own issues. There's more of that religious stuff that'll irk you, and I don't blame you. It was meh at best in this reboot, more so laughable. The HD Collection is what I just described in previous posts.

Yeah I guess I should've clarified in the outset that the PS3 game I originally referred to, was the remake. :)

I didn't realize there was a HD redo of the OG games till Ryan mentioned them.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak 9/10

I loved it, a fantastic sequel. I heard the MP really is lackluster which is a real shame as HW multiplayer (and really any RTS MP) is my/the bread and butter. However HW is one of the very few RTS games that actually has a decent SP campaign largely in part due to it's amazing story. It wasn't too long, but it was a fantastic prequel to HW. Highly recommend to any fan of the HW games SP campaign/story. No comment on MP as I did not intend to play it this time around (which is a bit of a deperature as I spent countless hours in HW2 mp.)

Note: The odd physics glitch where your ships going flying in the air (was hilarious to see the carrier go up a good few hundred feet in the air out of view then slam back into the ground) and shots disappointingly go through terrain all to often but still small issues overall. Ran quite smoothly otherwise, a single crash on super ancient drivers (cause ark suvival evolved doesn't like anything but 355.98 on my gtx 580 for some reason). Maybe the cause of the odd graphical glitch I had with fighters when landing.

Yeah I guess I should've clarified in the outset that the PS3 game I originally referred to, was the remake. :)

I didn't realize there was a HD redo of the OG games till Ryan mentioned them.
No it's a reboot, not a remake. This has a completely different premise and continuity, and it brought in some stuff from later games as well. RE1 on GameCube is a remake because it's in the same continuity and it's actually now the canon mansion incident.

Meh, too high. I give it a 8.71/10.

I think it's pretty good, but it's no RE4. No horror within it at all, and pretty uninspired monster design... although better than RE6's monsters. The game is surprisingly short too that I noticed. You can knock it out pretty quickly while RE4 can be done in one sitting... but that's one ****ing long sitting.

:lol Cheers man.

When I say it 'grates' on me, it's all the angel / devil / religious overtone business - blech. So too with things that touch on the occult etc. It makes my skin crawl.

It makes it a bit difficult to avoid entirely though, when there are sprinklings of that all through modern media & pop culture, & some of the game series' I've come to enjoy over the years happen to go there on occasion.. so, yeah.

I don't know how I'm going to go with Silent Hill 2 - I finally found a pristine standard edition PS2 copy on eBay recently for a great price. :lol
Why not just go with this instead of the PS2 version?

Also, Silent Hill 3 touches on occult stuff a lot whereas SH2 is just a giant psychological mind****.

SH_HD_3D_PS3_m1.jpg

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Why not just go with this instead of the PS2 version?

The HD Collection is garbage, not worth anyone's time. Avoid like the plague.

Silent Hill 2 is the king of the survival horror genre in gaming.

Absolutely, it's truly a masterpiece of interactive physiological horror. I really feel bad for some of my friends who refuse to play the series.

Silent Hill HD Collection was probably the first clue Konami just gives no ****s anymore, actually....

The HD Collection is garbage, not worth anyone's time. Avoid like the plague.

Absolutely, it's truly a masterpiece of interactive physiological horror. I really feel bad for some of my friends who refuse to play the series.

I don't know what made me buy and play it, but I'm so thankful I did. That game stayed in my head long after finishing it. Look at how extreme the subject matter was, and how well it was handled. It's incredible that a corporation put out such a piece of media.

A corporation that originally had such a radically different idea for Silent Hill, and that same corporation that apparently later abused Kojima :lol

"Konami tears." Yeah I'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep with millions in their bank accounts. They only care about the bottom line and obviously shown they can get by fine without a gaming division. Not saying I agree with that move, but it is what it is.

Not to mention lord knows if Kojima's new game will be any good. If it flops, then maybe the Konami stuff will end. All Kojima has with that game is his own huge inflated name. Exclusivity be damned, that won't be enough.

I mean, look at Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 flop. He got so ahead of himself that even Hideki Kamiya called him out by saying he's just a business man and not a creator.

Back