Rate the last Anime you watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know giving the first series a shot soon.

Well truth be told I feel like you have to watch the first anime first or not at all. I've never heard much success from people starting with Brotherhood and then moving to the original.

Well truth be told I feel like you have to watch the first anime first or not at all. I've never heard much success from people starting with Brotherhood and then moving to the original.

I did start the original couldn't get into it then found about brotherhood .

Can't remember what I watched last, but I'll just start with Steins;Gate.

9.5/10. Probably my most favorite anime of the last few years. Great writing, the chemistry is just there. And finally, another great anime with no flashy fighting or robots.

Starting Hunter X Hunter.

Loved Steins;Gate! The first several episodes felt like light in tone and slow like a slice-of-life type feel to it. And then bam, the story just hits you! :lol But it really built up the characters that way and made me care what happened to them.

Good to know you're starting Hunter X Hunter! Just keep in mind that the beginning is kind of slow due to the world building and establishing the characters and their motivations. But by the time you reach the later arcs such as Heavens Arena and Yorknew City(!), you'll be deeply invested in the characters. It's definitely not your typical shonen.

I would have to agree with this. Brotherhood was more epic in scope and rushed through the early manga material. The first series definitely felt more dark and tragic and really delved into that material.

Just watched the debut of "Space Dandy."

Was really colorful and the action sequences were very fluid and well-animated. Colors and designs were actually awesome.

But the story and the characters? Utter garbage. Not interesting. Not funny. I know it's supposed to be a satire or parody and that's fine, but it had ZERO substance and the humor was beyond pathetic. "Phoned-in" would be a compliment.

Not gonna watch any more.

Recently finished Kill La Kill, well given that theres still the last of the series on Thursday its more that I've caught up with, and I was very impressed with it and am looking forward to seeing how they end the first series. Love the fast and fluid movement style of the animation so this was right up my alley.

Last edited:
I watched Akira about 5 years ago. I give it a 7 out of 10. It has a special place in my heart for opening my eyes to what an animated film could be way back in the day (circa 1992 or so).

there used to be some great animes out, but there's nothing that really interests me now. Basilisk, Jin-Roh, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gankutsuou, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo are all my favorites. If you guys haven't seen Gankutsuou, I highly recommend it. It's based off of Count of Monte Cristo book and it's great.

I watched Akira about 5 years ago. I give it a 7 out of 10. It has a special place in my heart for opening my eyes to what an animated film could be way back in the day (circa 1992 or so).

Great movie loved the animation.

Love that film. It was the third anime I saw all those years ago and still watch it every so often.

Have any of you watched Psycho Pass? I preordered the premium edition off of Amazon because I know it's a limited release, but I was wondering if the show itself was worth the upgraded purchase...

Have any of you watched Psycho Pass? I preordered the premium edition off of Amazon because I know it's a limited release, but I was wondering if the show itself was worth the upgraded purchase...

Psycho Pass is on my to watch list. I've heard and read a lot positive reviews with it. I'm just waiting for Funimation and Sentai Filmworks to release Attack On Titan and From The New World on Bluray.

Just to jump start some activity on this thread, I just finished watching episodes 111 and 112 of Hunter X Hunter.
H-o-l-y Sheeet! :thud: :thud: :thud: I haven't been this hyped up for an impending confrontation since Ichigo vs Grimmjow III! Now that's how you build tension. None of this staring for an entire episode crap. :lol

I just finished Rin and what an amazing show that was! From beginning to end, the show was extremeli engrossing.

I loved how the series to place over 60+ years and seeing the advancements in technology and meeting different generations of people.

Not to mention the final episode was extremely satisfying and brought closure.

It's VERY much an adult anime, but I recomend it to mature fans.

I loved it's interesting story and concept!!!

I don't watch too much new anime these days, but I recently got around to watching Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (We still don't know the name of the flower we saw that say). Wow! What a mouthful! Let's just call it Ano Hana for now.

In short, it's about the death of a young girl. Years later, her best friends are now graduating high school and going into uni/college. It's all about how each of them dealt with the loss, and how they are or aren't getting over it. Some supernatural elements bring the friends back together for one final summer before they truly come to terms with the death of a close friend.

I was instantly hooked on Ano Hana. A really smart show where I actually cared about the entire cast. The art style, while not entirely atypical, was unique and memorable, lots of soft smooth edges but with plenty of detail. The OST was absolutely great. Both the opening and ending, as well as the BGM throughout the show.

Some of the writing was a little awkward and out of place, but overall the story was well done. Characters weren't overly original, but all were relatable and well thought out.

If you're at all interesting in a drama anime with a bit of the supernatural, definitely check Ano Hana out!

Just watched the debut of "Space Dandy."

Was really colorful and the action sequences were very fluid and well-animated. Colors and designs were actually awesome.

But the story and the characters? Utter garbage. Not interesting. Not funny. I know it's supposed to be a satire or parody and that's fine, but it had ZERO substance and the humor was beyond pathetic. "Phoned-in" would be a compliment.

Not gonna watch any more.

This was one of the few upcoming anime I was planning on checking out. Sad to see that it wasn't really up to snuff!

Hey guys, is Gunslinger Girl a good anime series?

They have both season 1 and season 2 up on Amazon and I was considering picking up the series...

Back