Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama - Preorder 9/10

I'm kind surprised to see this out so soon, based on the SDCC panel stuff, I figured it was in early development stages. Now this has me wondering what else of what was hinted at SDCC we'll be seeing soon, 1/6 Gamorrean would be nice.

Not Star Wars, but I expect the Indy dio soon.

I am curious of your thoughts on the illusive concepts version.

I think it is great--got it a few months ago--mint in box . And he is still mint in box--had him out for about an hour .....very cool piece
I also have the Yoda Illusive which has been on display since I got him(10 years?)and he has become very brittle --kind of worried about Rancor

thanks man. I have been interested in acquiring it as well. There were a few on ebay half a year ago which were dirt cheap (I'm kicking myself for not getting it).

The same issue plagues their jabba...I guess the material they used for these was not the most durable.

In terms of size, how does it compare to GG's?

Im not even a big star wars fan but it will be awsome i know it! i may get it depends what spooktacular brings us this year cant wait!!!:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:lsvader:lsvader:lsvader

thanks man. I have been interested in acquiring it as well. There were a few on ebay half a year ago which were dirt cheap (I'm kicking myself for not getting it).

The same issue plagues their jabba...I guess the material they used for these was not the most durable.

In terms of size, how does it compare to GG's?

It was a lot bigger--I think it is a more impressive piece --I like the pose better and the Rancor by himself is really cool.
I don't think the overall statue is twice as big ,but the IC Rancor is much bigger than GG.
I would say if you see another dirt cheap---get it--you will not be sorry

I was planning to buy the GG piece , although i' ll wait to see the new piece of SIDESHOW !!!!!!!!!! DAMN :chew:chew

I think it'd be cool if he's holding Luke about to eat him and Luke is holding the bone he's going to shove into his mouth. That or about to eat the Gamorrean guard.

yeah those scenes would make cool dios. i'd prefer to see a dio of the rancor chomping on the poor gamorrean---that would be pretty funny. :D

if it turns out well (please, please watch the paint apps, sideshow!) i'll get this...

I just don't think there's any way that this dio will both be in scale with the previous ones and also include the entire rancor. They either have to shrink Luke down or show only part of the Rancor. My preference is for the former.

I like the GG Rancor, static pose or not, so I'll probably be sitting this one out.

I'm really hoping it's a full Rancor and miniature Luke, partial Rancor with Luke in scale with the other dios would be a waste, I won't get the dio if that ends up the case.

Yep, not making a full Rancor would be a pass for me...

I agree... Full Rancor or Bust! :lol

You know what looking at the affiliate banner image of the Rancor Dio... it does kind of look it might just be a partial body coming out of a cave.

It would be perfect for me if it was in the same scale as the Look Sir, Droids Diorama.

ya know... it may be just the head /arm grasping Luke. I'd laugh and cry at the same time! :lol :(

I'm hoping the dio's around the size of the other dios with Luke really scaled down and because of the size, the rock we're seeing is some environment they added in too, that would be nice, add to the piece instead of just the ground and 2 figures.

Unfortunately, this image favors a bust setup. I might consider it if that's the case, but I won't be as into it as I would a full Rancor and for the price, I'll have to really love the composition of the dio.

ss_4.jpg

ya know... it may be just the head /arm grasping Luke. I'd laugh and cry at the same time! :lol :(

Just take a look above at the banner above here in the SW section. He is clearly holding Luke and he is coming out of the cave.

How much more we see is anyone's guess.

After seeing the Proto again i really think it is a smaller Rancor. A Rancor in the VS Scale (1:9) would have a head sized like a football.
I don't see that in the sculpt, especially while it rest completely on one stick in the foto. Never Ever.

Yeah, I really think people who are hoping for something like the GG Rancor but in an action pose are going to be disappointed.

I could be wrong, but I think that "cave" background was just added for the banner.

Back